Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still gutted you got Miller.

I got a feeling deep down that if he stays fit, you'll have a shout for the Play Offs again. If not, then mid-table. He's got it all. Just not enough of everything to be a world beater. Good enough to score plenty at this level.

Congratulate Findley for me. Wycombe today, Cuba tomorrow, maybe even a consolation against The Rams next month? :eek:

Mate, the premier league is sooooooooo over rated; the league cup....... now thats the way forward!

The only real attraction of the PL these days is the money that you can earn when you're there. Beyond that, 90% of the teams in it are just completely focused on not being relegated. You can't really find the time to enjoy it. Plus there's the ongoing obvious temptation of gambling with your future by overextending your finances to try and stay there. Alright while it works, but you're fooked when it doesn't.

Still think it'll be interesting to see how well the new financial rules actually work. I suspect that we'll be seeing some very creative ways of owners pumping money into the clubs.

Like sponsored grounds, training kits, ridiculous sponsorship deals.

Everything. Even the kit man at Man United will have a hundred million pounds worth of sponsors tattooed on his body.

They'll always find away. So many loopholes.

All geared towards making more money from the "exciting" title races.

Still gutted you got Miller.

I got a feeling deep down that if he stays fit, you'll have a shout for the Play Offs again. If not, then mid-table. He's got it all. Just not enough of everything to be a world beater. Good enough to score plenty at this level.

Congratulate Findley for me. Wycombe today, Cuba tomorrow, maybe even a consolation against The Rams next month? :eek:

Yeah miller looks one hell of a player; he is so strong but has pace and a top shot on him as well. He could be key for us because he can hold the ball up which brings our attacking midfielders into play. I seriously think that with miller in the team, we are not far away from where we need to be. Agree with your view mate that he has everything he needs but hes just not world class at any of the attributes but then again, we dont need world class at this level.

I know this is a bit off topic but a friend of mine who is not really much of a football fan pointed out to me that the Forest logo is, i quote, "The worst sports logo he has ever seen". I have to agree - it was surely a rams fan that designed it. And to compound this faux pas, the team's nickname is also the worst, and this is no slight on you Tricky - it's a good user name, just a lousy name for a team. I mean, who would ever be worried about playing the Tricky Trees???? :)

It didnt look like u put out a reserve side to me mate ;) As for u bein above us in league, you may be atm but a very very long way to go!

Our midfield 3 of Bryson,Bailey & Hendrick didnt take part in the 90 mins....therefore it was our reserve midfield.

Archived