Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa are ahead of Forest in fitness & games played, so to run out winners against them with 5 new players in the team was pleasing.

Genuine question......are you bothered by pre-season friendly results? I know some Derby fans treat the results seriously while some believe it has no bearing on the coming season. Just wondered what your position is.

Personally I don't think results in pre season count for much. The only thing is goals and winning breeds confidence! Think they are valuable for team building and formation decisions. Also shows the managers who's actually up got games ie Wardy, Coutts, Hendricks and Keogh last night. All played with aggression, passion and worked tirelessly.

Thing is though, over the years i've seen us have great pre-seasons then pisspoor campaigns and vice-versa. I agree the games are valuable for all the reasons you state, i just believe the actual results are totally meaningless.

Oh, reply to Duffield btw!

McLeish is a dire manager though.

Agreed. Nearly had a heart attack when people were linking him to us.

Genuine question......are you bothered by pre-season friendly results? I know some Derby fans treat the results seriously while some believe it has no bearing on the coming season. Just wondered what your position is.

I don't care when we lose, i do care when we win. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

On the serious side of things, no. I was pleased with our results today however.

If your players look sharp and fit, your CBs understanding, your backline doing the basics, your midfield moving the ball about a bit and wingers and strikers stretching legs all with no injuries and no massive gaps left open I'd say it's a good friendly no matter the score.

How many boxes you tick v Villa?

Good result for Forest against Villa, but Villa did have 2 goal's disallowed in the first half (Stuart Attwell was the ref) and had a few half chance's, they just didn't really take them. That's according to a Villa biased report of the match I just skimmed through, so make off it what you will.

As for Villa taking a youth team, this was there side....

VILLA: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Warnock, El Ahmadi, Bannan, Ireland, Holman, Delfouneso, N'Zogbia. Subs: Given, Bent [for Delfouneso, HT], Delph, Gardner, Lichaj, Stevens, Carruthers, Baker, Johnson, Weimann.

I don't think that's too far off there starting 11 to be fair, Given and Bent are the 2 that would probably come in but that's not a weak Villa side. Well....it is a weak Villa side but it's not far off the best of what they've got.

Just incase anybody care's....Forest's team.

FOREST: Camp, Harding, Collins, Halford, Moloney, Gillett, Reid, Guedioura, Majewski, Miller, Blackstock. Subs: Subs: Moussi [for Gillett, 66], Cohen, Findley, McGugan [for Guedioura, 61], Darlow, Greening [for Reid, 71], Lascelles [for Blackstock, 71], McGoldrick [for Miller, HT], Tudgay [for Moloney, 71], Freeman [for Harding, 76], Derbyshire.

Archived