Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

I've been over this before, surely a size of the a club should be based on the number of followers? isn't that how it works, the more people who follow a team, the larger that team is.

For instance if Ilkeston town got a multi-billionaire and they won the prem 3 times and the european cup 3 times, would they be a bigger club than us? they would of course gain more fans through success and that would increase their size not trophies.

Huddersfield have won the league more times than both of us, are they bigger because of the trophies they've won? of course not!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Desperate times if that is what you are using - lets face it there is not a big difference in club size which is why there are the constant arguments and no clear winner - all comes down to who performs best and as of last season we beat you twice and finished above you. This year we'll see but it is interesting that most Derby fans are panicking because we lost a key CB (that has been replaced) because of the disruption it will cause yet you guys don't seem at all worried about having an entirely new defence next season - not sure if that is optimism or stupi....something else 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Desperate times if that is what you are using - lets face it there is not a big difference in club size which is why there are the constant arguments and no clear winner - all comes down to who performs best and as of last season we beat you twice and finished above you. This year we'll see but it is interesting that most Derby fans are panicking because we lost a key CB (that has been replaced) because of the disruption it will cause yet you guys don't seem at all worried about having an entirely new defence next season - not sure if that is optimism or stupi....something else 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

They haven't got a defence yet

Haven't we had enough 'ours ***** are bigger than yours' type threads?

Plus everyone will just vote for their own team?!

Yet you go and let yourself down by trying to use it as ammunition on here, you disappoint me Dawny

halford is *****

but im chuffed to bits with collins and geddy

best midfielder in the championship and a solid centre back with promotion experience on 2 occasions

i hope we dont sign halford tho, il be crying when you lot are laughing

halford is *****

best midfielder in the championship and a solid centre back with promotion experience on 2 occasions

Hmmm, interesting.

halford is *****

Come on now, that is ridiculous! he was a reserve player at another championship club, so logic would say Wolves have better midfielders - I think he is a very solid signing, same sort of standard of our signing of Keogh but to suggest anything other than you signing a good championship midfielder for the minute at least is daft!

To be fair it's like the third or fourth thread of its type on that forum..

And there will be more and more and more, until someone gets the result that they want.

No one in this league can claim to be a big club, because if they where a big club they would be in the league above. There are clubs that have big fan support and that may give some credence to potential become a big club once they got to the big stage. Until then they are either 'sleeping giants' 'underachieving' or run badly.

Archived