Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

"We've just come into Nottingham Forest, so our immediate concern and focus is to develop the backbone of the football club, which is the team,"

"The Nigel Doughty Academy is something we want to develop and produce top-quality players.

"To conclude, we're here to make a difference - to produce a fun and exciting team that every Forest fan can be proud of.

"However, clearly we are looking at other developments further down the line to bring in revenue."

Developing the academy

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

US tour was cancelled due to lack of player apparently only 15 senior players (only 1 defender)

And they are going to have to pay compensation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2173218/Nottingham-Forest-face-compensation-claims-cancelling-US-tour-matches.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I'm on my phone and it won't let me copy the article but the clubs they should have played aren't happy

will be funny how all the forest fans start turning and saying derby had the right idea now it looks like there club is going down the same route of slow sustained growth and not major investment!

"Slow sustained growth"?are you talking about us?when was that then.I'll give you slow almost motionless.

Please explain this to Red Dawn then.

They had to pay something to actually buy the club, this does not mean they cleared the money Nigel invested into the club over his tenure.

I can't quite grasp how you don't understand this.

The supposed 100m "debt" that you Derby fans love to cling to isn't there. It never existed. Nigel said he never expected his money back and that's exactly what happened.

I suspect the Hasawis bought the club for 15-20 million no more.

What's that? In fantasy land?

We're ecstatic mate! Can't believe how well last week turned out.

Only one set of fans asking for season ticket refunds mate, and that ain't us 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Who are "four est"?

You need season ticket holders before any can ask for refunds.'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

They had to pay something to actually buy the club, this does not mean they cleared the money Nigel invested into the club over his tenure.

I can't quite grasp how you don't understand this.

The supposed 100m "debt" that you Derby fans love to cling to isn't there. It never existed. Nigel said he never expected his money back and that's exactly what happened.

I suspect the Hasawis bought the club for 15-20 million no more.

Goes against what the other Forest fan is saying on here.

I will supply you with a copy of the accounts if you want which show that the debt was there, was accruing interest and had a date for repayment.

My guess is that they bought the assets of the club (if there are any!) for a nominal fee and then repaid a proportion of the loan to the Doughty estate.

were debt free guys, like i keep saying

unlike you guys, in debt still, selling your best players and the owners, manager and fans are happy with 15th position every year.....i personally would hate that.

what is the point? 'yay we survived again'

our new owners mentioned about 'winning trophies' in the press conference.....great times ahead for forest

What's that? In fantasy land?

We're ecstatic mate! Can't believe how well last week turned out.

Only one set of fans asking for season ticket refunds mate, and that ain't us 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Who are "four est"?

So your ecstatic about being bought by Kuwaiti business men that after there initial splurge on players will follow our way of doing things. I say initial splurge as that's what's needed as you don't possess many players. You also lost 2 of your back 4 for free last week and had the embarrassment of cancelling a pre season tour. You lot are easier pleased than our lot then. Who are four est that's you the gumps was trying to be clever but you know being clever probably isn't in your nature as you persist to use a site that isn't for your team do you like being wound up. Can't wait til end of September when we beat your team again with your iconic manager Mick mccarthy

unlike you guys, in debt still, selling your best players and the owners, manager and fans are happy with 15th position every year.....i personally would hate that.

our new owners mentioned about 'winning trophies' in the press conference.....great times ahead for forest

So you think your owners are not going to want a return on the money they have put in?

You are right about not selling youre best players...they have left on free transfers though in case you had not noticed.

Our new owners mentioned making us a global brand in their first press conference.

I think your owners would do best in concentrating on challenging for the Brian Clough trophy first being as you made such a poor effort of doing that last year.

Yeah, our owners talk a lot of rot too. Some of our fans also fall for it, just like you.

You lot really are fickle aren't you. When we were took over we were going to be made a global brand didn't happen. What did you expect them to say, yeah we bought the club we are going to send Kuwaiti players over not spend much money and see how it goes. How many people would turn up at your place if they said that. On that note can't see you guys lifting many trees this season and normal service shall resume we will be looking down on you again this season

So your ecstatic about being bought by Kuwaiti business men that after there initial splurge on players will follow our way of doing things. I say initial splurge as that's what's needed as you don't possess many players. You also lost 2 of your back 4 for free last week and had the embarrassment of cancelling a pre season tour. You lot are easier pleased than our lot then. Who are four est that's you the gumps was trying to be clever but you know being clever probably isn't in your nature as you persist to use a site that isn't for your team do you like being wound up. Can't wait til end of September when we beat your team again with your iconic manager Mick mccarthy

Got me a big one!!!!

Debt free but only own your training ground and rent your ground.

You've only got 1 defender

Midfield is overpaid proms donnas or pie eaters

Owners mentioned winning trophies, but also doing it slowly.

No manager, not enough senior players for a tour, losing money on thst tour through comoensation to the teans tou would have played, no youth players to even try and fill the gaps and no rumours of any incoming players.

I'd be nervous for 5 weeks time if I were you.

It's good that Forest fans have re-found some of that optimism they used to have.

Makes it all the better when we stuff them again.

Should make for two interesting games next season anyway; Derby Cowboys vs Nottingham Forest Ramalamadingdongs. Wonder if either of us will ever see local ownership again.

Debt free but only own your training ground and rent your ground.

You've only got 1 defender

Midfield is overpaid proms donnas or pie eaters

Owners mentioned winning trophies, but also doing it slowly.

No manager, not enough senior players for a tour, losing money on thst tour through comoensation to the teans tou would have played, no youth players to even try and fill the gaps and no rumours of any incoming players.

I'd be nervous for 5 weeks time if I were you.

Utter bullshit!

Face it your shitting yourselves, forest have new ambitious owners and what do you have? Owners who are content with maintaining championship status. Let's see next Sunday what our squad and manager looks like compared to yours,then we'll see who's nervous!

Archived