Gloomy and Doomy Thread

dcfcdavecov

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Clough told BBC Radio Derby: "In an ideal world maybe [we will get] two or three but it depends on outs as well.

"We have a few lads in the last year of their contracts so it depends what happens with them."

Goalkeeper Stephen Bywater, defender Dean Leacock and midfielder Stephen Pearson all have a year left to run on their deals.

And Clough said their situation will dictate both what other business they manage before the end of August and whether they look to exploit the loan market.

"The transfer window is open for another couple of months," Clough added.

"And ideally we don't want to use emergency loans but in terms of standard loans, if we can get some good players in for six months or for a season-long loan, then we will certainly look at that."

Who says we aren't on a tight budget?

Free spending my feckin arse. Can't afford Waghorn 'til others have gone.

Callum Ball

Saul Deeney

Dave Martin (no, not me)

Jake Buxton

Luke Varney

Stephen Bywater

Dean Leacock

Stephen Pearson

Mark O'Brien

James Severn

Ross Atkins

Ryan Connolly

Jeff Hendrick

Leaving or on very low wages

Plenty of room if you ask me.

Then Brayford, Bailey, Robinson, Fielding aren't exactly millionairres, and Cywka, Steve Davies, Ben Davies.

Kin 'ell, no wonder there's a pension crisis going on, we don't pay anybody enough for them to have any NI contributions or be taxed.

And we aint paying Savage, Porter, Moxey, Commons, Hulse and most notably Pringle anymore.

Until you can provide facts concerning players wages I'm going to personally ignore these kind of posts and have a little chuckle to myself.

You don't know how much Bryson, Maguire, Tyson, Shackell etc. are all on, you don't know how much we paid in signing on fees, agent fees or Starbucks coffees to get them here.

Provide facts or getta outta here with that twoddle.

What I would say and I kinda have is you can't just keep signing and signing players, you have to move players on. Even 'Arry at Spurs has been told he has to move players on before making any signings.

We have 30 players, that's huge for a Championship even if some are not in Clough's plans. We've got a whole month before the season kicks off and just 3 targets remaining.

Until you can provide facts concerning players wages I'm going to personally ignore these kind of posts and have a little chuckle to myself.

You don't know how much Bryson, Maguire, Tyson, Shackell etc. are all on, you don't know how much we paid in signing on fees, agent fees or Starbucks coffees to get them here.

Provide facts or getta outta here with that twoddle.

What I would say and I kinda have is you can't just keep signing and signing players, you have to move players on. Even 'Arry at Spurs has been told he has to move players on before making any signings.

We have 30 players, that's huge for a Championship even if some are not in Clough's plans. We've got a whole month before the season kicks off and just 3 targets remaining.

Savage: 14k a week BBQ sauce: his autobiography

Pringle: £5 a week HP sauce: couldn't afford petrol money to get to Torquay and back so had to turn back halfway there.

personally i'd put Tyson on nothing, with a goal scoring bonus of 574646464 million pounds. Few conditions; can't score against us, can't score of his arse. Shouldn't have to pay a penny.

Archived