Gloomy and Doomy Thread

dcfcdavecov

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the ****ing point. (the bit in bold)

The top bit only highlights the number of saleable assets we have gone after. Low wages, cheap, potential. Nothing wrong with that. It's how ROI will work.

Shall we agree to disagree? I like good football played by exciting players who might no be good but might be brilliant and you like money? :rolleyes:

Nobody's arguing that they don't have the potential to be good signings, although the reality will be that one or two will prove to be good, one or two will be average and the rest will fade into obscurity, and we'll end up muddling on in mediocrity for another few years the way we have done for the last few.

Again, nothing wrong with the business model....just warning what might happen next summer.

I don't get what your "big warning" is, it doesn't make sense. Clough picks the players, Glick holds the purse strings. If the players Clough signs play well, attract interest and we sell for a decent fee we move on to new players, that's football and the same applies to most football clubs apart from Chelsea.

What exactly do you want? a £100m transfer budget, unlimited wages and players that are young, decent and no other club will ever show an interest in them because we paid a stupid fee and we won't sell them at a loss.

I don't get what your "big warning" is, it doesn't make sense. Clough picks the players, Glick holds the purse strings. If the players Clough signs play well, attract interest and we sell for a decent fee we move on to new players, that's football and the same applies to most football clubs apart from Chelsea.

What exactly do you want? a £100m transfer budget, unlimited wages and players that are young, decent and no other club will ever show an interest in them because we paid a stupid fee and we won't sell them at a loss.

Nope and nope. Don't want any of that.

My "warning" is that the only investment from here on in will be brought about by selling players and not all of that will be re-invested. That's all. Oh, and that there's no investment now imo.

All i've done in the last few pages is demonstrate how and why that is happening imo.

i don't hate GSE, just can't stand peopl saying they're doing this that and the otrher when imo they aren't. i keep saying imo so nobody gets in trouble :D

Nope and nope. Don't want any of that.

My "warning" is that the only investment from here on in will be brought about by selling players and not all of that will be re-invested. That's all. Oh, and that there's no investment now imo.

All i've done in the last few pages is demonstrate how and why that is happening imo.

i don't hate GSE, just can't stand peopl saying they're doing this that and the otrher when imo they aren't. i keep saying imo so nobody gets in trouble :D

Isn't that called being self sufficient?

Dave, you talk about what happens next season to fund players. No Savage wages, Varney to sell etc.

We have

Leacock, Pearson, Bywater, Green, S Davies all in the last year of their contract. I don't think they will all be sold this year so there will be wages saved there. May be loaned out thus season more saved wages.

Ben Davies if he doesnt work out to his hype this season will be sold to a lower league team.

technically we aren't even self sufficient, didn't glick say that the investors kept putting in money to make sure we didn't fall into a cash debt on an interview. Also being sufficient in football is hard and too improve you either have to be extremely good at what you do e.g. everton, or sometimes have some investment other than from selling players. I am not claiming derby county have done this.

Dave, you talk about what happens next season to fund players. No Savage wages, Varney to sell etc.

We have

Leacock, Pearson, Bywater, Green, S Davies all in the last year of their contract. I don't think they will all be sold this year so there will be wages saved there. May be loaned out thus season more saved wages.

Ben Davies if he doesnt work out to his hype this season will be sold to a lower league team.

It's on an interview on the BBC site where Clough states some of Bywater, Pearson, Leacock etc will have to go before we get the remaining 2 or 3 players.

technically we aren't even self sufficient, didn't glick say that the investors kept putting in money to make sure we didn't fall into a cash debt on an interview. Also being sufficient in football is hard and too improve you either have to be extremely good at what you do e.g. everton, or sometimes have some investment other than from selling players. I am not claiming derby county have done this.

That was this time last summer. The wage bill has significantly dropeed since then.

Varney scored more goals than Tyson last season, in a better league, playing on the wing. Just saying.

In the first couple of weeks of being there and then ended up warming the bench. He was that good fpor blackpool after their manager famously stated that Derby had screwed up because we can buy him for £400k and there is nothing they ca do about it. Questing is why the feck haven't they if he was that gd. What a loaf of ballacks sorry dcfcdavcov.:confused:

It's on an interview on the BBC site where Clough states some of Bywater, Pearson, Leacock etc will have to go before we get the remaining 2 or 3 players.

He said that who goes out will effect who comes in. He didn't say it would stop players coming in if none of them left - just effect who would come in. If the rumours of bids on Waghorn are true then his purchase will not be effected by sales. Unless we do the dirty on Leicester and pull out last minute after they have signed a replacement

And in my post I did say that I thought not all of those listed would leave this Summer, which fits nicely with the quote from Clough.

In the first couple of weeks of being there and then ended up warming the bench. He was that good fpor blackpool after their manager famously stated that Derby had screwed up because we can buy him for £400k and there is nothing they ca do about it. Questing is why the feck haven't they if he was that gd. What a loaf of ballacks sorry dcfcdavcov.:confused:

It was a joke post. I was WUMing. Not everything in this thread is what i actually think (apart from the last 4 or 5 pages)

It was a joke post. I was WUMing. Not everything in this thread is what i actually think (apart from the last 4 or 5 pages)

phew;)

What is it with this forum at the moment. The forum crashes reset my password and lose points.

WUM threads put on including the administrators. Are we getting giddy or what.:D

He said that who goes out will effect who comes in. He didn't say it would stop players coming in if none of them left - just effect who would come in. If the rumours of bids on Waghorn are true then his purchase will not be effected by sales. Unless we do the dirty on Leicester and pull out last minute after they have signed a replacement

And in my post I did say that I thought not all of those listed would leave this Summer, which fits nicely with the quote from Clough.

I think the Waghorn deal depends on Varney. I expect to hear more on Wagorn a week or so after Varney moves.

I said some of the following, not all of them. You're deluded if you think Pearson and Leacock leaving at the end of their contracts is going to free up a couple of million.

phew;)

What is it with this forum at the moment. The forum crashes reset my password and lose points.

WUM threads put on including the administrators. Are we getting giddy or what.:D

Nowt was happening, can't get new members signing up and posting if you don't post controversial stuff.

I think the Waghorn deal depends on Varney. I expect to hear more on Wagorn a week or so after Varney moves.

I said some of the following, not all of them. You're deluded if you think Pearson and Leacock leaving at the end of their contracts is going to free up a couple of million.

Well green, Leacock and Pearson would possibly have a combined wage of more than £20k a week, that's a million not counting national insurance.

Archived