boxing david haye

kincardine

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another British sportsman who`s made a good living off been ****.

Two losses in 27 professional fights, 23 by KO? Pull the other one mate.

Haye unlucky, just beaten by the better fighter. Don't know how much his little toe would have affected the result but either way he can be proud of taking a Klitschko to the bell.

A very well-played-out tactical battle

Haye unlucky, just beaten by the better fighter. Don't know how much his little toe would have affected the result but either way he can be proud of taking a Klitschko to the bell.

Beating nobodies never been a world champion so i stand by my previous post.Add the other British losers to that aswell ;)

Agree fully with this.

Unified cruiser weight champion and WBA heavyweight champion is really **** is it. He lost one fight to probably the best heavyweights around. I can't stand this media culture of condemning our sports people of very first opportunity, this is why England fail as well.

Haye just got his tactics wrong on the night, Klitschko is just so hard to break down. The size difference told in the end.

most of them at cruiserweight not heavyweight, Klitschko was just too superior for him, bigger and a highly intelligent fighter who knew exactly how to stop Haye. Fair play fully deserved his win!

Unified cruiser weight champion and WBA heavyweight champion is really **** is it. He lost one fight to probably the best heavyweights around. I can't stand this media culture of condemning our sports people of very first opportunity, this is why England fail as well.

Haye just got his tactics wrong on the night, Klitschko is just so hard to break down. The size difference told in the end.

Size difference? Yet he beat Valuev? Who has a longer reach than Klitschko, I normally agree in that the media slate British sportsmen/women too much, but on this occasion Haye was poor, he got outclassed and Haye should stick to fighting cruiserweights.

Yep, another £15 on a boring David Haye fight (that's 3 times I've been suckered into this - never again). I'm not jumping on the ridiculous British bandwagon of now saying he's crap and the worst boxer in history etc etc because he clearly isn't. That kind of thing drives me mad.

Last night, though he just didn't throw enough punches or take enough risks. The way he kept going down was getting a bit silly by the end and afterwards it was a bit :oops:. Oh well.

Haye threw enough punches he just didn´t land them enough. He should have made it an inside fight. He could have gotten knocked out but only way for him to win Klitchko would have been keep an enormous tempo and try to get inside. Blaming the toe was embarrassing.

Size difference? Yet he beat Valuev? Who has a longer reach than Klitschko, I normally agree in that the media slate British sportsmen/women too much, but on this occasion Haye was poor, he got outclassed and Haye should stick to fighting cruiserweights.

Valuev was so poor, can't really draw a comparison from a fighter that slow with no aggression. More to boxing than that. Think they underestimated Klitschko's jab myself, easy to say things in hindsight or when you aren't in the ring.

was watching the fight with some mates and as they went to the post fight interview with Haye we all said he's bound to have an excuse lined up after not giving it a real go after all the trash talk. needless to say the I hurt my toe line was hilarious, what a muppet. they even took his boot off in the ring to prove to the sky cameras that he did'nt really bottle it.

bet the Klitchkovs are pissing themselves about it when they found out, they won't agree to fight Haye again that's for sure.

and what was all that guff with the pre walk in scenes? cinemas and actors in scenes with Lennox Lewis and George Foreman knocking on the dressing room doors, most bizarre thing I've ever seen in boxing and I watched all the Eubank fights lol

Haye was poor from the off. Trying to land single overhead right punches and missing by a mile. Just didn't do enough each round, never used his jab. He had one plan and it never worked against a guy with a reach advantage.

Klitschko, pretty much used his jab all night and boxed to his strength, he was clearly wary of Haye and stepped in once or twice the entire fight. He had the right tactics to win but not the tactics for him to win like a champ.

I don't think either fighter did particularly well. Let's remember Haye was dominant and a king at Cruiser so it's unfair just to judge him on the last few fights. Klitschko will be remembered as a successful but largely boring fighter dominating in a uninspiring division.

Marketing guys did a great job, they reckon this fight generated 30 million. There's your winner right there.

Haye mentioned a rematch hasn't he?

The only way he can possibly win is by getting into Klitschko and risk getting caught by that right hand. He must of been told that in around Round 7? That there was no other way of winning in Germany??

If he's got the bottle to get closer (running and flapping don't count) then he's good enough to at least stand a chance. But who'd want to risk getting that close to such good boxers like the Klitschkos.

Besides, if he wins, Vitali might want to fight him before he retires. And he's got a record no less impressive than Vlad. 2 defeats. One to a shoulder injury and one to a cut.

Never been knocked out. Never been knocked down!! :eek:

Archived