GSE Out Brigade

G STAR RAM

Right then, those of you who were calling for GSE to **** off not so long ago where do you stand now?

Do you believe GSE have fulfilled promises and given NC enough financial backing to help us compete in this division?

Or do you think the signings so far are all 'spin' to appease the fans and stop and influx of season tickets being returned?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've invested money, even the people saying it's money from sales..etc can't argue because it was their investment in the first place that got the players here, for us to sell on and then get our new squad assembled, for instance a lot of people saying Moxey, Hulse, Commons fees which were all brought in under GSE! same with Savage, with his wages now gone.

I don't think we should EXPECT the play offs, but I would hope to see us competing for the top 6, if we don't get there, so what.. I just want a good year, where I go to every game with the hope of a win, and to watch an exciting Derby side.

Right then, those of you who were calling for GSE to **** off not so long ago where do you stand now?

Do you believe GSE have fulfilled promises and given NC enough financial backing to help us compete in this division?

Or do you think the signings so far are all 'spin' to appease the fans and stop and influx of season tickets being returned?

Don't you think we should just let that argument go? There is nothing worse than "I told you so", particularly when most of those (not all) shouting "yanks out" or similar are probably not the brightest sparks on the forum.

Don't want them out, just want the promised investment.

Wouldn't call the signings spin, but people talking of "expecting" or demanding top half places are slightly deluded imo. Teams such as Leicester, Middlesboro, Forest, Hull, West Ham, Blackpool, Birmingham, Reading etc all spend more on wages than us.

Yes, we've spent 3 million. But if your wage bill is like Forests (16.8) and ours is roughly 9 (that's a guess) then 3 million in tranfers doesn't really cut it....not when it's come from a massive cut in the wage bill anyway.

Certainly put their money where their mouth is imo. This season is going to be the first to judge Clough. Finally given the tools to do his job.

Couldn't disagree more. I fell sorry for Clough, i really do. Expectations for some reason have gone through the roof.

Couldn't disagree more. I fell sorry for Clough, i really do. Expectations for some reason have gone through the roof.

How has Clough not been given the tools (money) to do his job? He has just spent around £1mil on Shackell. 600-800k on Maguire and Bryson. Fielding, Robinson and Ward also (not sure on the amounts). Plus Tyson on a free. That is a spending of at least £2.5-3million by my maths. For a championship club that is a hefty amount of money.

I believe that they have fulfilled promises and, as such, I am optimistic for next season.

However, I still believe that they are using the club more for their own benefit than that of the club or the fans. If this can coexist with success on the pitch then great but I still remain to be convinced that it can.

Don't you think we should just let that argument go? There is nothing worse than "I told you so", particularly when most of those (not all) shouting "yanks out" or similar are probably not the brightest sparks on the forum.

No I think it is important that at some point the manager becomes accountable for what is happening on the pitch and not the board/investors

Don't want them out, just want the promised investment.

Wouldn't call the signings spin, but people talking of "expecting" or demanding top half places are slightly deluded imo. Teams such as Leicester, Middlesboro, Forest, Hull, West Ham, Blackpool, Birmingham, Reading etc all spend more on wages than us.

Yes, we've spent 3 million. But if your wage bill is like Forests (16.8) and ours is roughly 9 (that's a guess) then 3 million in tranfers doesn't really cut it....not when it's come from a massive cut in the wage bill anyway.

Would imagine our wage bill will be heading North of £9million unless we offload some more earners over the summer.

With the exception of Leicester and Middlesborough I expect all of the other teams you mentioned to lose some of their important players and high earners over the summer and put us on more of a level playing field with them

How has Clough not been given the tools (money) to do his job? He has just spent around £1mil on Shackell. 600-800k on Maguire and Bryson. Fielding, Robinson and Ward also (not sure on the amounts). Plus Tyson on a free. That is a spending of at least £2.5-3million by my maths. For a championship club that is a hefty amount of money.

Read "the budget" thread....took me 14 pages last time to explain it.

Can't be arsed to go through it all again, but was contemplating starting a thread with all the facts and figures, laid out nice and easy. Takes alot of time though, might have it done next week.

Anyone who thinks this 3 million spent on players has turned us into a force this season, is imo wrong....i'll be watching Forest transfers carefully, maybe the transfer fees won't be big, but the wages will be....and that's where the money is in the long run.

Would imagine our wage bill will be heading North of £9million unless we offload some more earners over the summer.

With the exception of Leicester and Middlesborough I expect all of the other teams you mentioned to lose some of their important players and high earners over the summer and put us on more of a level playing field with them

I said 9 million because i think that's what it will end up beingon 1st September, maybe less.

Happy with GSE, as I have been all along. The strategy to balance the finances I believe is a good one and am now happy to see what seems like sensible investment on playing side

I'm happy that the club are spending money. As "The Budget" thread developed, it was an discussion about spend versus investment and how much money has been invested as opposedd to simply recycled from sales, wages, season tickets etc. To be honest, I'm personally happy that we are just spending money and competing for players like Shackell, Tyson an Bryson that are wanted by other Championship teams. Where the money has come from or how much "investment" has been made doenst really bother me - I know others will differ, but this is just my personal view.

Isn't tyson being quite expierenced now going to be on some stupid wage?

Don't think Glick and Clough would have cut the wage bill, chosen their targets carefully, and then blew the budget on Tyson.

I'll give Glick and Clough credit..imo it's been carefully planned to the last detail. Realistic targets, affordable targets....and we haven't missed one we've gone in for so far.

I like Glicks wording on EMT last night. Something along the lines of being appreciative of Clough for selling the club to the player....

Would indicate, like Ward, that other teams were prepared to offer bigger wages.

Happy with GSE, as I have been all along. The strategy to balance the finances I believe is a good one and am now happy to see what seems like sensible investment on playing side

I'm happy that the club are spending money. As "The Budget" thread developed, it was an discussion about spend versus investment and how much money has been invested as opposedd to simply recycled from sales, wages, season tickets etc. To be honest, I'm personally happy that we are just spending money and competing for players like Shackell, Tyson an Bryson that are wanted by other Championship teams. Where the money has come from or how much "investment" has been made doenst really bother me - I know others will differ, but this is just my personal view.

I've got no problems with that....my problem will be if people who share your view(which is right) then start to attack Clough if we don't get top 10 because he's spent money, and he's finally had the chance to prove himself.

Imo he still hasn't.

People expecting us to do amazingly well this season are going to be disappointed. Unless you have a manager like Billy, throwing money (which we are finally doing) isn't going to get you promoted in a season. But patience is a virtue.

I'm just happy the club are doing things in a secure manner and not risking money we don't have. To use a metaphor for other sides like florist. It's like taking out a loan to buy a real nice car that you want to be faster than everyone elses in the nieghbourhood, it runs well for a while but before you get the true value out of it the wheels fall of...twice ;)

Archived