Championship 2011 - 2012

red fever

Wow really !

I think Forest are in a better position now that at any time in the last 2 years.

We have the same defence that has done us proud for the last 2 seasons ( lb required )

The midfield still has Mcgugan Majewski Cohen Anderson McCleary & poss Moussi. we are looking to bring in 1 or 2

Strikers Tudgay Blackstock McGoldrick Earnshaw (TBC) Garner & Findley ( USA international) We are looking to bring in another

Great base, money to spend & a great new manager that wins titles.

What have Derby done to make you think you have passed us ?

Squad is very threadbare and money to spend? are you sure, pretty much every forest fan I spoke to has said the same thing about the board coming out and saying we've spent the most out of any championship side for the past 2 years and we need to cut back, this was said in Steve Macs first interview when he said that he wants Forest to be self sufficient and last season your wage bill for players alone was 138% of your revenue. The small squad have players who seem to have only played well under Billy Davies, for instance first season under Calderwood Morgan and Chambers were an absolute write off, with blackstock out and Earnshaw heading out the door you're left with some pretty substandard strikers just my opinion of course.

I wouldn't say we've passed you, but I feel we have a much bigger squad for a much smaller wage bill you need to bring in players I suspect Andy Reid and Giles Barnes are the type of players you're after the rumours of Routledge and Maynard seem very Whittingham and Pratley esc and go against everything you've said to achieve financially.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the same Robbie Findlay who's failed to score for the United States in 4 years of trying?

He'll be making way for Conor Doyle soon anyway, given his 4 in 6 for the U21s. ;)

I think your chances of holding onto the Mekon depend very much on whether or not Cardiff want him. If they do then I can't see you hanging on to him.

It's hard to judge what Forest will do next season, until we see who they're bringing in. However, signings like Glass Leg Barnes and Tubby Reid would probably encourage most Derby fans to fancy their chances. :p

Is this the same Robbie Findlay who's failed to score for the United States in 4 years of trying?

He'll be making way for Conor Doyle soon anyway, given his 4 in 6 for the U21s. ;)

I think your chances of holding onto the Mekon depend very much on whether or not Cardiff want him. If they do then I can't see you hanging on to him.

It's hard to judge what Forest will do next season, until we see who they're bringing in. However, signings like Glass Leg Barnes and Tubby Reid would probably encourage most Derby fans to fancy their chances. :p

That is pretty much it for me, I really doubt Forest will spend much at all not with what their board has come out and said, even if it was off the record.

^^ Boulder Rapids Reserves? :D

So we've basically established that Findley can score a modest amount in a mickey mouse league?

Fair play though, at least when he's finished with Forest he'll be able to move to the SPL and bang them in again.

But I'm forgetting, such a seasoned international, with such a fine pedigree in scoring goals at international level must be a very good player indeed. Yeah, Conor's going to be taking his spot very soon now. ;)

2005–2006

Boulder Rapids Reserve

(15)

Los Angeles Galaxy

(2)

2007–2010

Real Salt Lake

(29)

He scores a lot more than Tyson

I don't want to pick a fight here but smacks of Eddie Johnson to me, he played about 60 games in english football scoring and outstanding and unbeatable 2 goals, whilst on loan at Cardiff.

and he is favoured over findley :rofl:

Both had their problems but both quality players on their day, could be flops but if they can get them fit would be very good signings.

Enjoyed reading the above, I think derby have made their signings, deadwood gone, and the Ramalangadingdongs should be optimistic a relegation battle should be avoided.

Forest, interesting as stated above, cannot really judge until our signings or re-signings are made. However if Derby slightly improve and Forest as they are don't its MID TABLE.

The bit I don't get, Forest base is now 2 to 3 seasons made, how can we question Findlay's capabilities at this level, when I cannot think what and where and why Derby's signings from where they have come, all of a sudden will be better?

Let's get serious, we are on different playing fields at the moment, on and off the pitch, but your now possible at your U turn, we had ours in League One, you may have escaped it, you wish!:)

The bit I don't get, Forest base is now 2 to 3 seasons made, how can we question Findlay's capabilities at this level, when I cannot think what and where and why Derby's signings from where they have come, all of a sudden will be better?

Can't speak for others but I wasn't necessarily saying that our signings will be better - my response was towards the fact that you'd mentioned that Findley's a US international, as though that somehow elevates him - which it doesn't given that he's yet to score for them, after 4 years, a time during which they will have played numerous qualification games against very poor opposition.

Let's get serious, we are on different playing fields at the moment, on and off the pitch, but your now possible at your U turn, we had ours in League One, you may have escaped it, you wish!:)

I think it's honours even on that front. Your lot have the better of it on the pitch, but off the pitch you don't come close. £70m indebted, nowhere near being sustainable, a smaller fanbase despite making the playoffs two season running and us flirting with relegation two seasons running, and few saleable assets outside of your squad - Forest don't even own their ground do they? No wonder Doughty bets the farm every season - he's got no chance of getting his money back if you don't go up, and every year that you don't the position gets worse and worse.

4 years ago we had debts of £55m - today it's about £15m. We didn't pull a Portsmouth/Leeds/Leicester, we're practically the only team that's actually paid off their debts without shirking them and hiding in administration. When things eventually got t1ts up for Doughty at Forest, I wonder what approach they'll take.......? ;)

It'll all come out in the wash, just can't wait till next season and perhaps i'm being biased but I don't see why Forest can hold their squad in such high esteem, not that I hold our squad in high esteem but the comments like if we don't improve and flop we'll be mid-table seems a bit naive in my opinion especially in a league where a few points make the difference and for me the big thing was losing Billy Davies, he gets the best out of players in this division and Mac has never had to do that, he turned to more experienced players at Boro and spent a fortune whereas now he doesn't have that, he has to get the best out of players which in actual fact are probably the worst in terms of quality he has had to managed, not saying that in a bad way but all his jobs have been with decent to top end players.

Unfortunately for Florist and Doughty, West Ham and Brum will take the top 2 positions this season which only leaves the play-offs for the rest of us. I hear Doughty is desperately looking for a way out and won't put any more money in unless he has to. He also regularly slags off Florist support too and looks at Derby's attendances enviously. Allegedly.

Archived