Manchester Utd v Barcelona Champions League Final

froggg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's that harsh - United made it way too easy. Poor defending, little defensive support from midfield and little urgency in getting forward after the first 10 minutes.

Defenders dithering on the ball, midfielders watching the opposition walk past or around them, and strikers who passed the ball backwards more often than they moved it forward.

Chelsea are a team in need of an overhaul, Arsenal are a team in need of a functioning defensive unit, Liverpool are in a team in transition, and Man City are a team still being moulded. That's the only reason United won the league IMO.

They need the much rumoured huge warchest in the summer otherwise they won't get anywhere near winning the league next year.

SillyBilly

Park- Ineffectual. Carthorse who offered nothing but a pair of lungs.

Carrick- Not fit to clean Xavi's boots.

Giggs- Anonymous.

Valencia- Should have been yellow carded about 5 tackles prior to his booking. Woeful, he wouldn't be fit to play in Barca's youth team.

Van Der Saar- Messi's goal was just a fraction off-centre, should have done better.

Hernandez- Caught offside 5-6 times. Isolated and didn't seem a threat.

Just a few observations there. It was like watching a current Derby XI vs a top 4 side such was the gulf in class between the two teams. Credit goes to Barcelona but United must be seething.

Easy Barca win 2-0.

Im not even excited for it as IMO its a mis match.. I love Barca but I honestly think Man Utd-Real Madrid would have made a better final with the Ronaldo, Mourinho, Fergie mix.

Players like Oshea, Park, Carrick, Fabio, Anderson etc. shouldnt be on the same pitch as Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Villa.. Its a total mis match.

If Utd win Fergie should retire..Would be his best achievement to date. This is David vs Goliath.

Only got the correct score wrong.

BOOOOOO BARCA PASSED THE BALL BACK TO THE KEEPER BOOOOOO.

Absolutely useless, pass the fecking ball forward. All this negative play gets you nowhere.

See, the Pride Park crowd are the ones that really know about football, not these poncy Catalonians.

well this barca team is nion unstoppable, united had a good first 10 minutes but went too deep and didn't press enough, when inter beat barca last season at the san siro they pressed further up the pitch than united and won 3-1, messi is mesmerizing though van der sar should have stopped the 2nd goal. It is easy to criticize however to play against them is virtually impossible, to win you need lots of luck and to have the best game of your life. I think united could have done so much more but were a tad scared of getting caught out i think.

Archived