Best player in past ten years?

GK Poom

RB Mears (Please Don't hate me for putting this one :eek:)

LB Higgingbotham

CB West

CB Carbonari

RM Eranio

LM Kinkladze

CM Idiakez

CM S. Johnson

ST Christie

ST Strupar

Just best players off top of my head so may have left some out................Any advances on this squad??. Quite a list of able players we have had over the years.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for me must be poom epic player who was very loyal even when he scored against us, kinkladze and idiakez run the lad close though, despite us having for most of it a poor 10 years we have seen some brilliant players.

Bloody hell, yeah, Forgot about that. He scored a last minute header against us for Sunderland. Think (unsurprisingly!!) that was his only goal :). What are the chances of that??.

A true legend for us tho IMO, Solid keeper!!.

GK Poom

RB Mears (Please Don't hate me for putting this one :eek:)

LB Higgingbotham

CB West

CB Carbonari

RM Eranio

LM Kinkladze

CM Idiakez

CM S. Johnson

ST Christie

ST Strupar

Just best players off top of my head so may have left some out................Any advances on this squad??. Quite a list of able players we have had over the years.

I'd go with that except I'd include Rasiak up front and Tom Huddlestone CM

Idiakez was a class above but if memory serves my right he was a passenger in his second season to the point that no one was bothered he left.

Not discounting his impact in that season but the second season left. A sour taste in my mouth.

Idiakez was a class above but if memory serves my right he was a passenger in his second season to the point that no one was bothered he left.

Not discounting his impact in that season but the second season left. A sour taste in my mouth.

Our entire midfield were passangers in the 2nd season..

What do you expect when you go from a footballing manager like GB to a hoof it anywhere manager like Phil Brown.. We actually started the season fairly well (2 wins 3 draws) and I remember Bisgaard, Idiakez and Rasiak were all on the score sheet early on..

It was only until the end of the transfer window when Rasiak left, we lost 1-2 at home to Watford and Browns tactics started to kick in.

Oh the question, depends if youre talking about ability now or ability whilst playing for us.. Surely it would be Eranio, Osman and Hudds? I personally thought our CM pairing of Ian Taylor and Idiakez has been the best in the past 10 years.

3 players for me got us kept us in this division earlier in the last decade, and without them god knows where we would be know, and that is Ian Taylor, Michael Johnson and Paul Peschisolido.

3 players for me got us kept us in this division earlier in the last decade, and without them god knows where we would be know, and that is Ian Taylor, Michael Johnson and Paul Peschisolido.

My 3 cult heroes of the past decade.. Didnt have the best of abilities but made up for it by wearing their hearts on their sleeves.. Cracking guys too. Especially Jonno as he was a Notts fan (wasn't he?) 100% professional the 3 of them.

My 3 cult heroes of the past decade.. Didnt have the best of abilities but made up for it by wearing their hearts on their sleeves.. Cracking guys too. Especially Jonno as he was a Notts fan (wasn't he?) 100% professional the 3 of them.

He is a forest fan, and loved beating them!!:D IMHO these 3 were the main factors we still have a football club at all, with the 3 amigos, had we gone who knows what would have happened?

From memory, Jonno went a season too far with us and cost us a few points in the final year. That however, should not detract from the fact that he was a terrific servant for the club, along with both Ian Taylor and Pesch. Taylor never really got the credit he deserved IMO.

wasn't taylor our top scorer for a couple of years? what about darren moore, heart of a lion, built like the great wall of china and with his limited footballing ability did brilliantly.

The worst footballer I have ever seen, but could he do a "job"?,yes.

Did we love him for that? Yes

If you wanted to find an excuse to squeeze Eranio into 'the last 10 years' then he wins hands down. I've watched Derby since 1970. but properly since about 1976 so have seen a lot of good players. I know Eranio got into the all time Derby 11, but a lot of the voters were younger people who hadn't seen the Clough, Mackay and Cox teams

Nevetheless from my perspective, I would still put Eranio in there, along with Asanovic and Poom. I wouldn't however have Stimac, marvellous though he was, ahead of McFarland, Todd or Wright at centre half

It's interesting, athough I was a massive fan of Cox's best team, I think it was more 'functional' than Jim Smith's best side. I think Smith's team had more individiual flair in several positions though Cox had Saunders and Wright, who were better than the players in their positions in Smiths side - in my opinion. Others may disagree!

Archived