Has the bubble burst?

uttoxram75

I think the obvious problem is the fact the average players wages are increasing whereas Joe Public's are not. The only way clubs can afford to pay larger salaries is to increase there income and that comes about by raising ticket prices. Man U fans complain abiut rising prices but they kicked up a bigger stink when Rooney threatened to leave and now they're helping fund his £250k a week wages so you can't have it both ways. Until a salary cap is brought in this will continue to get worse every year...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if this is relevant, but I find it absolutely disgusting that the club reserve away tickets for 'club members' before season ticket holders. Hardly fair that I've had a season ticket for nearly twenty years and I'm in the back of the queue behind someone who (for whatever reason), can't make all the games, so gets a membership card instead.

I said this when they introduced it for people without season tickets, because i missed out on the forest game because of this and was very angry, it seemed to me and still does that as long as the cash tills are ringing they are happy. If they value true loyal support maybe, maybe not, the move certainly put my nose out of joint.

Also to anyone who goes for a salary cap, it will never happen, they tried it in the nhl i believe and they all went on strike for a year and didn't play, the clubs won't agree and neither will the players, it is naive to suggest an action will take place i think.

I said this when they introduced it for people without season tickets, because i missed out on the forest game because of this and was very angry, it seemed to me and still does that as long as the cash tills are ringing they are happy. If they value true loyal support maybe, maybe not, the move certainly put my nose out of joint.

Also to anyone who goes for a salary cap, it will never happen, they tried it in the nhl i believe and they all went on strike for a year and didn't play, the clubs won't agree and neither will the players, it is naive to suggest an action will take place i think.

Totally agree. To be honest, the only game we struggle to get tickets for is forest (and sometimes Leicester). I've paid the membership on top of my season ticket this year, so an extra £25 just to make sure I can go to forest away...how is that fair? That to me is everything that is wrong with this sport.

Totally agree. To be honest, the only game we struggle to get tickets for is forest (and sometimes Leicester). I've paid the membership on top of my season ticket this year, so an extra £25 just to make sure I can go to forest away...how is that fair? That to me is everything that is wrong with this sport.

No dont complain, i like the membership, means i can get tickets for Forest away.

I can't believe how much it annoys me. I'm writing to the club.

you should, to me it devalues season ticket holders, season tickets should come with some advantages like priority for away games, the membership system is ok as an add on to a season ticket but not people without a season ticket.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I find it absolutely disgusting that the club reserve away tickets for 'club members' before season ticket holders. Hardly fair that I've had a season ticket for nearly twenty years and I'm in the back of the queue behind someone who (for whatever reason), can't make all the games, so gets a membership card instead.

I hate that too, the priority should be on past loyalty (ie, ST holder for 10 years > membership holder for 2 years).

TBF it gives lads just coming off a banning order chance to get a ticket. Nowt worse than completing a 5 year ban for football violence only to find out you can't get a ticket for Forest away.

indeed,i will also buy it in case we have a play off semi final, or final, for forest, and in case we have a cup run.

To be fair I haven't been a membership holder for the last few years and have still managed to get Forest tickets. I guess I may have been a little lucky.

SillyBilly

What a disgrace it is when thousands of people in the stand can't afford to pay 30 or so professional players.

So we're now complaining about the money grabbers in charge of the club, as well as complaining that they don't invest enough money into transfers. Is this the same club that has to receive financial aid from the owners to be able to keep running?

Oh yeah, we also complain that we sign too many lower division players on low wages.

So we want expensive transfers, players with higher wages and we also don't want to give the money grabbers more money.

Basically we want owners prepared to throw money into a black hole then?

more money for the people running our club, oh the horror.

indeed, when you buy a season ticket you should receive priority for away tickets as it shows your commitment to the team for the season ahead for 23 home league fixtures.

Archived