Has the bubble burst?

uttoxram75

SillyBilly

I think everyone (apart from the players and the obscenely rich owners) wants the game to be rid of greed and money but its not going to happen. Unfortunately if you don't keep pace with the rest interms of spending you haven't got a football team worth watching, the sad reality.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
indeed, when you buy a season ticket you should receive priority for away tickets as it shows your commitment to the team for the season ahead for 23 home league fixtures.

What about the fans who travel to every away game instead, you should get priority because you purchased a season ticket for home games?

The membership card only really becomes useful for Forest games and saying that tickets are still left over for ST holders, why should you get priority over those that travel all across the country all season for 1 game.

because in my opinion we have made that commitment to the club for our continued loyalty for those games no matter what happens, i am not saying it is fair on everyone but it is the fairest in my opinion, how is it fair that someone who doesn't care about the club, decides he wants to go to forest away so buys a membership and gets a ticket above someone who has had a season ticket for 10 years?

because in my opinion we have made that commitment to the club for our continued loyalty for those games no matter what happens, i am not saying it is fair on everyone but it is the fairest in my opinion, how is it fair that someone who doesn't care about the club, decides he wants to go to forest away so buys a membership and gets a ticket above someone who has had a season ticket for 10 years?

You made the commitment to pay up front for all the home games in the season, with that you get a discounted rate per game plus a free cup game.

Fans that travel to all away games have to pay travel costs and full whack tickets at whatever price the other teams charge. They shell out a **** load more a season than the average ST holder with no discounts.

Maybe you shouldn't be able to just buy a membership card, but that's how it is and if you want to guarentee a seat then cough up the extra £20. Hardly going to break the bank is it?

If you want it to be totally fair then maybe they should bring back the ticket stubs to reward the fans that show commitment to travelling away each week. Say 15 away stubs for a Forest game or what have you.

You only pay £110 for them 23 games, youth. Don't think you should be bothered about a little extra fee to see Forest away.

You made the commitment to pay up front for all the home games in the season, with that you get a discounted rate per game plus a free cup game.

Fans that travel to all away games have to pay travel costs and full whack tickets at whatever price the other teams charge. They shell out a **** load more a season than the average ST holder with no discounts.

Maybe you shouldn't be able to just buy a membership card, but that's how it is and if you want to guarentee a seat then cough up the extra £20. Hardly going to break the bank is it?

If you want it to be totally fair then maybe they should bring back the ticket stubs to reward the fans that show commitment to travelling away each week. Say 15 away stubs for a Forest game or what have you.

I had to do that to get my Southampton play off away ticket guaranteed. Think you had to have been to 15 away games to get priority.

You only pay £110 for them 23 games, youth. Don't think you should be bothered about a little extra fee to see Forest away.

£110, that how much they are now? under a fiver a game and you want guarenteed tickets for away games pffft

For an adult you wouldn't get much change from £100 for 1 away game down to Portsmouth

£110, that how much they are now? under a fiver a game and you want guarenteed tickets for away games pffft

For an adult you wouldn't get much change from £100 for 1 away game down to Portsmouth

it was for me yes, going up to at least 180 next season or possibly 225, am renewing despite going to uni, and i do see your point i guess, and i am coughing it up it is just a tad annoying. If it was up to me it would be based on how many away games you have been too and even though i can only average 5-6 because of money reasons i still would think that is fair enough.

it was for me yes, going up to at least 180 next season or possibly 225, am renewing despite going to uni, and i do see your point i guess, and i am coughing it up it is just a tad annoying. If it was up to me it would be based on how many away games you have been too and even though i can only average 5-6 because of money reasons i still would think that is fair enough.

Plus you said in another thread your mum bought it. :D

indeed she does :) and i pay for any away travel and tickets as i get 40 quid a month i say fair enough, my mum buys it because she knows that for me too would take 3 months without spending anything but next year i am on my own so will need to save or find a job which doesn't take up my college time. She also buys it because she knows how much it means to me to be able to go and watch my local team, as i have been bought up with derby county for most of my life. :D

You wait till you have a Mortgage, Council Tax, Insurance, Phone Bills, TV Licence, Digital TV, Road Tax, Petrol, Food, Clothes and a Missus Mr to pay for, not getting a ticket for a Forest game will be the least of your problems.

I bet, but at least petrol will cease to exist when i am 60odd, i don't know how i am going to cope when i am older as i am really disorganized but i will find a way. It is why one of the pre conditions of when i go to university is that it is close to derby so i can make it back every saturday and for that reason i had to discount bath lol.

Im gonna go to a game next season.. Thats $20 taxi to the airport, $1k return flight to England, $10 for foods/drinks for the flights (its around 14 hours in total I think), arrive in London, $10 underground + foods to the train station another, $20 train ticket to Derby, $30 match ticket, another $30 for extra foods/drinks for the day, $30 for a DCFC top, $5 train and bus ticket back to the parents house, another $30 train ticket back to London + underground + foods, another $10 for foods/drinks in the airport and then another $20 taxi back to the house here.. I'll probably need an extra $150 jus incase of emergancies..

The cost for me to watch DCFC for one game = $1,350 on the safe side. That's a season ticket for 5 or more years depending on ages.

SillyBilly
I bet, but at least petrol will cease to exist when i am 60odd, i don't know how i am going to cope when i am older as i am really disorganized but i will find a way. It is why one of the pre conditions of when i go to university is that it is close to derby so i can make it back every saturday and for that reason i had to discount bath lol.

I seriously hope you don't choose a uni based on proximity to Derby and getting to games. For the amount of money it costs go to the best uni you can get into. It will pay itself back with interest.

Im gonna go to a game next season.. Thats $20 taxi to the airport, $1k return flight to England, $10 for foods/drinks for the flights (its around 14 hours in total I think), arrive in London, $10 underground + foods to the train station another, $20 train ticket to Derby, $30 match ticket, another $30 for extra foods/drinks for the day, $30 for a DCFC top, $5 train and bus ticket back to the parents house, another $30 train ticket back to London + underground + foods, another $10 for foods/drinks in the airport and then another $20 taxi back to the house here.. I'll probably need an extra $150 jus incase of emergancies..

The cost for me to watch DCFC for one game = $1,350 on the safe side. That's a season ticket for 5 or more years depending on ages.

Thought this was going to be one of those Master Card Priceless adverts, so I'am a little disapointed that it didn't have a punchline at the end.

SillyBilly

And we'll still fecking lose.

SillyBilly

For my first season at uni I did the commute, couldn't be arsed after that, catching trains on saturday mornings with a massive hangover got tiring or it meant missing the best night of the week if you left on friday evening. Rest of my time I never came back at all apart from the hoildays where I'd try to do every game, much preferred.

Archived