QPR - A 'Boutique' Club

MrsRam

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/qpr/qpr_hit_fans_with_huge_ticket_price_increase_1_903620

Rangers fans will be charged up to a whopping £72 to watch their team when the Premier League gets under way in August.

Owners Flavio Briatore, Bernie Ecclestone and Lakshmi Mittal are cashing in on the promotion to the top flight that has turned their vision of Rangers as an exclusive club for wealthy fans into a reality.

The cheapest tickets will be £47, while season tickets are up by almost 40 per cent from last term – although the increase is around 67 per cent in real terms given that there are fewer home fixtures in the Premier League.

Massive increases were inevitable given the owners’ intention to change the face of QPR – and the fact that only intervention by the Football League prevented them from further increasing the already sky-high prices for Championship football at Loftus Road.

But confirmation of the news has still been greeted with shock and dismay by many Rangers fans.

“It’s an absolute disgrace and, yet again, underlines the total contempt the owners of QPR have for the fans,†said Paul Finney of the Independent Rs website.

“You have Fulham, just down the road, who have worked hard to foster local support and made no bones about doing so on QPR’s patch.

“Fulham are able to do that because Rangers aren’t interested in generating that kind of support. The clientele QPR are looking to attract is totally different.

“Flavio Briatore’s dream is a ’boutique’ club, which has an exclusive feel to it and is the place for wealthy people to be seen.

“Not only is that a slap in the face of QPR supporters, it is not in the long-term interests of a club that has two other Premier League clubs (Chelsea and Fulham) on its doorstep.â€

Are you a loyal QPR fan who can’t afford the new ticket prices? Email your views to us at nwl.sport@archant.co.uk or go to www.twitter.com/davidmcintyre76

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really is disgraceful, out pricing loyal supporters just so you can have a higher class of fan? Seeing things like this and what's happening at Leeds makes me really appreciate the Americans that bit more, of course I'd like them to spend more but they don't turn their back on loyal fans and their work with our fans and community is general is top class, I am a young adult and just brought my season ticket for 180 pound, that means I get 23 games at Derby where at QPR even on the lowest price tickets I could only get 3 and a half.

In fairness to the board they are extremely generous on season ticket prices, for instance mine cost 110 quid, now 110 pounds for 23 games of football, whether we are dire or not is a bargain and i really do appreciate it , it gets me out 8 months of the year and gives me something to look forward to every Saturday. I think what qpr are doing is disgusting, they would be better to expand or build a new stadium and keep the prices the same than creating a "boutique" club which freezes out hard working people who love the club.

Nothing in football surprises me anymore, i'd hope some sort of protest/boycott would happen here if something similar was to happen to us. Football supporters generally bend over and let clubs take advantage of their loyalty but it reaches a point where enough is enough. A week or two with the majority of fans boycotting across the top 2 divsions and ticket prices would fall, doesnt take much.

Breaking News:

Amit Bhatia has resigned as Vice Chmn of QPR after disagreement with board, including over ticket prices.

That is the person who brought in Warnock to QPR and backed him against Flavio and Bernie, I'd be surprised if Warnock is still manager come August 13.

Bernie ruined Formula One, and I don't care what anyone says - he just has.

Le Mans is the greatest motor race in the world - in 24 hours, they race 350 miles further than an entire F1 season. The cars go faster, there are more of them, and the atmosphere's better than any Grand Prix.

I live 40 miles away from Silverstone, but I can get to Le Mans and back far cheaper than I can to the Grand Prix, a 40 minute drive away from me, purely because the ticket prices are astronomical.

If he's done it to Formula One, he'll do it to QPR alright. The difference is, F1 started as a higher-class sport anyway...

Archived