It was nice knowing some of you......

Day

My daughter is convinced the world will end in 2012 - having had a smack from an asteroid that's going to pass between us and the moon. If me lotto numbers come up, I'm going to book us all onto Dicky Bransons space ship and have a birds eye view. ;)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bible teaches that on May 21st, 2011, only true believers elected by God to receive salvation will be raptured (taken up) out of this world to meet the Lord in the air and forever be with the Lord:

Thessalonians 4:16,17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

All the rest of mankind (billions of people) will be left behind to experience the awful judgment of God, a horrible period of 5 months of torment upon earth:

Did anyone even hear the trump?

SillyBilly

How many false predictions before they just give up? Sir Isaac Newton predicted the end of the world in 2060, such a pity he wasted most of his life in the bible and practicing alchemy. For those of us who don't subscribe to prophecy then the greatest chance of apocalypse in our lifetime will be on April 13, 2036 when 99942 Apophis comes within a few million kilometres of the earth in its orbit, too close for comfort but very unlikely to impact. I'd keep an eye out for 1950 DA (biggest threat) as well but I'm not intending to live that long.

SillyBilly
When the sun finally runs out, that's when it'll be over I think. I'll give it a go at living that long, but i'm doubtful of my chances.

The next ice age will wipe out at least 99.9% of the human population, they occur on average every 70,000 years so you'd do well to get though that one.

The next ice age will wipe out at least 99.9% of the human population, they occur on average every 70,000 years so you'd do well to get though that one.

Nice cup of tea, and if I turn the heating up a bit i'll be rate :)

SillyBilly
Nice cup of tea, and if I turn the heating up a bit i'll be rate :)

Right, failing that, I'm going to throw the supervolcano at Yellowstone national park at you, it is overdue according to its usual volcanic pattern. If you get through that I give up. ;)

Right, failing that, I'm going to throw the supervolcano at Yellowstone national park at you, it is overdue according to its usual volcanic pattern. If you get through that I give up. ;)

I reckon I could survive that, Heanor church tower seems pretty high, i'll camp out up there for a day or two.

I wouldn't worry, if I survive the extermination of human life and being to repopulate the planet, odds are that the whole world will soon crumble as my offspring aren't going to be the brightest chaps.

I reckon I could survive that, Heanor church tower seems pretty high, i'll camp out up there for a day or two.

I wouldn't worry, if I survive the extermination of human life and being to repopulate the planet, odds are that the whole world will soon crumble as my offspring aren't going to be the brightest chaps.

OMG....the world will be populated with Blind Faithers!.......Praise the Lord!....:D

I will sacrifice a small mammal in your honour Alex......

[sIZE=1]I[/sIZE]

Well aren't you lovely ;) Much better to sacrifice something I can eat and send it to me in burger form.

The Gods will smile upon you that day......or atleast I will, and lets face it, i'm half way there :)

Alex, you may want to take someone with you on your survival path. If you're the only survivor then, I hate to break this to you, you're not going to repopulate the world. Choose wisely my friend, the fate of the world is in your hands.

Archived