New song?

AlexWillo

Right i brought you 'we love you' and 'i just can't get enough' now i have a newcastle song that is pretty cool. 'Oh coloccini' but obviously change that to one of our players.

Don't all go mardy as usual and say "ohhh, another copied song" ALL SONGS ARE COPIED. (Except the person who made it up)

[sIZE=14px]Oh Coloccini,

You are the love of my life,

Oh Coloccini,

I'd let you sh*g my wife,

Oh Coloccini I want curly hair tooooooooooooooo...[/sIZE]

[sIZE=14px]Maybe pearson? and change in to 'ginger hair' from 'curly hair'?[/sIZE]

[sIZE=14px]It's just a thought![/sIZE]

[sIZE=14px]

[/sIZE]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and also, my life has never got to the point where i feel that singing Pearo's praises is an appropriate path to take.

I once saw him leave the pitch quite quickly during a substitution, must admit I nearly did at that point.

Right i brought you 'we love you' and 'i just can't get enough' now i have a newcastle song that is pretty cool. 'Oh coloccini' but obviously change that to one of our players.

Don't all go mardy as usual and say "ohhh, another copied song" ALL SONGS ARE COPIED. (Except the person who made it up)

[sIZE=14px]Oh Coloccini,[/sIZE]

[sIZE=14px]You are the love of my life,[/sIZE]

[sIZE=14px]Oh Coloccini,[/sIZE]

[sIZE=14px]I'd let you sh*g my wife,[/sIZE]

[sIZE=14px]Oh Coloccini I want curly hair tooooooooooooooo...[/sIZE]

[sIZE=14px]Maybe pearson? and change in to 'ginger hair' from 'curly hair'?[/sIZE]

[sIZE=14px]It's just a thought![/sIZE]

[sIZE=14px]

[/sIZE]

So you've already bought enough embarassment upon our club, please stop now.

I suspect Pearson is happy enough with his own wife, so that's a no-goer.

oh pearo, you're the love of my life.

oh pearo, let me shag your wife.

oh pearo, I want ginger hair too..

Not only is it fun, it also encourages the phrase 'don't ask, don't get'

oh pearo, you're the love of my life.

oh pearo, let me shag your wife.

oh pearo, I want ginger hair too..

Not only is it fun, it also encourages the phrase 'don't ask, don't get'

This is sung at Exeter City for Ryan Harley.

I thought it could be used for John Brayford with a few changes :

Oh Jonny Brayford, you are the love of my life.

Oh Jonny Brayford, l'll let you shag my wife.

Oh Jonny Brayford, I want ginger hair too.....

Yeah it was Paul Green when he first arrived.

The only song i'd like to 'borrow' would be the Spurs one for Luca Modric.

Lady Gaga i think? The one that goes "nanan na na, nanan na na, heee eeeeey Luka Modric" ??? you'll have heard it on the telly. Spurs fans sing it a lot. A fair few teams sing it in the PL. Not heard many in the Championship. Could be wrong.

Still, it's better than "John Brayford M'lord". What's that all about??

Still think their should be a song for Bailey and his "tan". Seen Lee Croft gives him stick for it on twitter and a fair few others mention his natural Derbyshire tan.

It's not easy for brand new songs, but surely anyone who is serious about new songs and goes with a group of lads can just find any recognisable 80's song, or forgotten chants from the past, or even rubbish but catchy tunes from Lady Gaga, Black EyedPeas and such can just get their mates to keep singing it. It'll catch on if your in the SE corner eventually. Especially if there's a few of you that start it.

There were a few good simple ones on the old DET forum that didn't get used. Don't think any of the usual suspects for starting songs use these forums. Or if they do then they feel the usual cloned songs will do just fine. How many teams sing that "Kum ba yah" tune and the tune of "bla bla's a sh1thole...." to any given situation?

I've never seen a song go from a forum into the ground. That's what made the brilliant song threads on the old DET forum completely pointless. therams69 occasionaly posts but he doesn't seem interested in any of these songs. Not knocking anyone btw, just seems harder work than it needs be. Michael Jackson, Elvis, any old indie bands that had a one hit wonder (Brimful of asha sort of songs) are all good tunes. Recognisable. Stick a players name in there, pick on something they have (eg, Baileys tan, Crofts head, Barkers hair) and you'll eventually get a funny catchy song.

Yeah it was Paul Green when he first arrived.

The only song i'd like to 'borrow' would be the Spurs one for Luca Modric.

Lady Gaga i think? The one that goes "nanan na na, nanan na na, heee eeeeey Luka Modric" ??? you'll have heard it on the telly. Spurs fans sing it a lot. A fair few teams sing it in the PL. Not heard many in the Championship. Could be wrong.

Still, it's better than "John Brayford M'lord". What's that all about??

Still think their should be a song for Bailey and his "tan". Seen Lee Croft gives him stick for it on twitter and a fair few others mention his natural Derbyshire tan.

It's not easy for brand new songs, but surely anyone who is serious about new songs and goes with a group of lads can just find any recognisable 80's song, or forgotten chants from the past, or even rubbish but catchy tunes from Lady Gaga, Black EyedPeas and such can just get their mates to keep singing it. It'll catch on if your in the SE corner eventually. Especially if there's a few of you that start it.

There were a few good simple ones on the old DET forum that didn't get used. Don't think any of the usual suspects for starting songs use these forums. Or if they do then they feel the usual cloned songs will do just fine. How many teams sing that "Kum ba yah" tune and the tune of "bla bla's a sh1thole...." to any given situation?

I've never seen a song go from a forum into the ground. That's what made the brilliant song threads on the old DET forum completely pointless. therams69 occasionaly posts but he doesn't seem interested in any of these songs. Not knocking anyone btw, just seems harder work than it needs be. Michael Jackson, Elvis, any old indie bands that had a one hit wonder (Brimful of asha sort of songs) are all good tunes. Recognisable. Stick a players name in there, pick on something they have (eg, Baileys tan, Crofts head, Barkers hair) and you'll eventually get a funny catchy song.

Been saying that for ages but not many people seem to agree. A few of us were singing bon jovie - living on a prayer at Norwich on the train and in the pub but then we werent together in the ground. Two new songs the NSBA have started bob marley - every little things guna be alright and wonderwall using Jamie Ward, at least they're relatively new but i dont think they work as football songs. They've got too longer pause between certain lines and nobody really knows when to start that line so it's all a bit distorted. Slower songs do work, but they've still got to flow and i dont think those two do.

Been saying that for ages but not many people seem to agree. A few of us were singing bon jovie - living on a prayer at Norwich on the train and in the pub but then we werent together in the ground. Two new songs the NSBA have started bob marley - every little things guna be alright and wonderwall using Jamie Ward, at least they're relatively new but i dont think they work as football songs. They've got too longer pause between certain lines and nobody really knows when to start that line so it's all a bit distorted. Slower songs do work, but they've still got to flow and i dont think those two do.

Remember "Brimful of asha"?

That 90's Indie song?

Not sure whether it's ever been a football song, but it would be pretty easy. Not heard that Wonderwall one yet. Only been sung away hasn't it? But sounds like it would work.

I saw a list once on a Leicester Forum, can't remember the name of the forum, but it had a list of songs that would make good chants. People were just saying "that wont work because...." and "that one is a bit gay...". Admitted some were better than others. Was a good start to their song thread. But i guess no groups of fans who start the chants picked up on it. And that's the problem here. It's just not worth starting a song thread. IF it was worth it then we could start by using one song at a time and people expanding on it. Then all it takes is therams69 and his fellas to roll with it.

But nevermind. I'm sure next season we'll hear "bla bla's a sh1thole" and "kumbaya" more and more

Fundamentally, I think what we need is an anthem. A "You'll Never Walk Alone" or a "Sunshine on Leith". Something that, over time would become synonymous with our club. Something that isn't necessarily referencial to Derby County, but can unite all fans of any race, gender or age and make us all think "Now I'm home, back in the place where I belong". A song that makes us more than just fans of a football club. A song that makes us family, that unites us for the brief, fleeting moments while it fills the air and our hearts. A song that makes us feel part of something special.

Everyone after me, "We'll sing on our own........."

Archived