This summer so important for derby

B4ev6is

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big club? oh dear oh dear.. you don't believe that. If you genuienly believe there is anymore pressure playing for watford than there is Derby you're seriously SERIOUSLY wrong.

sorry but there is, watford this season expected a poor season and thus no pressure, usually derby fans expect a good season even if there is evidence to the contrary e.g. last season. Now derby is a lot bigger than watford, derby in this league is a big club and the pressure on the players is big to achieve e.g. the amount of booing. Now the last time eustace was here it was a disaster frankly, he has a good season this year but that is it. Now we destroyed watford when we played them here and when we were in good form. I personalyl wouldn't want him for a number of reasons yet everyone seems very hostile.

Which is the point.....

From what you've seen, you wouldn't have 9 out of the starting 11 Liverpool players, never mind Eustace.

in this league yes, even back then, now for what they were aiming for e.g. top 4, most of those players weren't top 4 material. They relied too much on Gerrard and Torres producing for them. Now as they have a few new players etc they are looking a better unit where many different people can contribute.

sorry but there is, watford this season expected a poor season and thus no pressure, usually derby fans expect a good season even if there is evidence to the contrary e.g. last season. Now derby is a lot bigger than watford, derby in this league is a big club and the pressure on the players is big to achieve e.g. the amount of booing. Now the last time eustace was here it was a disaster frankly, he has a good season this year but that is it. Now we destroyed watford when we played them here and when we were in good form. I personalyl wouldn't want him for a number of reasons yet everyone seems very hostile.

I'm not doubting we're a big club in this division but if you think players come with a different outlook here than they do at Watford as I said you're seriously wrong.

our fans booing just shows how piss weak our 'support' is.

no it shows the expectation levels which are so much higher quite frankly. I am not saying they change their outlook but there is more pressure and sometimes this can have an effect. Now whether eustace was useless everywhere 2 years ago or it was just us i don't know, but he was useless then and now he has had one good season which many average players have everyone thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread.

no it shows the expectation levels which are so much higher quite frankly. I am not saying they change their outlook but there is more pressure and sometimes this can have an effect. Now whether eustace was useless everywhere 2 years ago or it was just us i don't know, but he was useless then and now he has had one good season which many average players have everyone thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread.

He has played well in a holding role, in a young team, in a 4-2-3-1- formation. Nuff said.

Watford have been in the Premier League, and I'm certain they have goals to get back there.

There are 7 or 8 clubs in the Premier League that are 'smaller' clubs, but they are there on merit, we aren't. I do trust Nigel Clough in his judgement of players, that is why a recent non-league player is being touted as a £2.5m target for a team that qualified for Europe.

Well when you've got a side who finished above us, banging on about how important he is and how influential he can be, as well as being marked down as one of the best central midfielders in the division last season, it sort of means he would be able to walk into our team. I just don't see how anyone can see this as a bad signing as we need an experienced leader in the middle of the park and he has proved himself as just that!

for me it would be, it really would i doubt watford would sell him for anything less than 1.5-2 million and that money i think can be better spent elsewhere, e.g. brian stock from donny i think would be a good fit, bradley johnson from leeds etc. I don't rate eustace personally, yes he has had a good season this season but lower expectation levels, the fact he was garbage here and that this is the only season where i can remember him having a really good season. Freddy eastwood, had a brilliant season/two with southend, now he is a bog standard if that championship player.

Because that is the only league set up where he has had what i would define as success, frankly eustace was shocking and if he wasn't good here the first time why spend money the second time. Wag horn can't get into the Leicester side, now from what i have seen of him not a massive fan and frankly when the head of our scouting is nigels brother i will take my opinion and keep it until i am proven wrong. Hernandez had quality and everyone could see that at the world cup, and yes you can find gems from nowhere, i have heard of both of these players but i don't think either would be any good.

Ok mate. Why don't you send your covering letter to the club for a scout role. I'm sure your Football Manager experience will stand you in good stead.

I'm so glad I don't sit near you at games. Or actually, maybe I do...

for me it would be, it really would i doubt watford would sell him for anything less than 1.5-2 million and that money i think can be better spent elsewhere, e.g. brian stock from donny i think would be a good fit, bradley johnson from leeds etc. I don't rate eustace personally, yes he has had a good season this season but lower expectation levels, the fact he was garbage here and that this is the only season where i can remember him having a really good season. Freddy eastwood, had a brilliant season/two with southend, now he is a bog standard if that championship player.

Eustace was brilliant for Coventry (in the PL), injuries prevented him playing more for them and Stoke. He's a good player when fit.

Archived