Leacock on His way?

Sheep<3

buxton has heart but that is it for me, no quality and a liability at times when played. Leacock can pass better, has better awareness and can lead better and make better decisions for the majority of the time.

No Quality? He very rarely losses a header, I'm amazed with his dominating presence when the ball is in the air, and like I said his footballing ability is overlooked, he does get the ball down and on several occasions he put the ball down the wing, for me it's only the pace that lets him down, everything else is to a very good championship standard, I know people look at him, see his CV and his speed and think no hoper but just watch him and you'll see what I mean, also Leacock has awful awareness and leadership qualities, he losses his man and his position a lot more than Buxton, for me anyway.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only time Leacock has only looked half decent in his time here was playing next to Moore, also find it short sighted that you say Bucko hasn't got any quality when I have watched him on so many occasions spread play about, for me a much better footballer than any other centre back we have, including Leacock.

the only time Leacock has only looked half decent in his time here was playing next to Moore, also find it short sighted that you say Bucko hasn't got any quality when I have watched him on so many occasions spread play about, for me a much better footballer than any other centre back we have, including Leacock.

I have to go against that, Leacock was our best centre back for passing the ball imo, he was just a bit too daring for his own good sometimes.

for the moment yes, however bywater was excellent when he was first here for a couple of seasons, just dropped off this year particularly. When fielding is 2-3 years in i will see what everyone says about him then.

Fielding is only 23, he isn't at his peak yet!

Fielding is only 23, he isn't at his peak yet!

well we will see what he is like by 26-27, all we have seen is what fifteen games? to em everyone is thinking fielding is a miracle worker when maybe he isn't. He is a good keeper and at the moment better than bywater, however i will wait to see if he can keep it up for a whole season.

For me buxton again he is an average center back at league 1 level, he is very similar to darren moore, except moore did win every header and we had a very pacey center back with him as well where as at derby we don't have that with buxton. He can play passes which tbh i could play, lacks the necessary skills for the championship.

I don't think Croft is fat, neather was Commons. Stocky I would say.

I'm not fat either. I've got the ideal weight height ratio.

I'm 15ft tall.

Croft was fat but ive heard he's lost a lot. Was quite down when asked about his future with us by my mate.

I wasn't making any judgements of whether they should have been sold or kept in the team or are good players or bad players, i was simply saying Clough has fallen out with Leacock and has had disputes with the other players, which has led to them being persona non grata.

But if you have that many players who have fallen out with the manager it does make you question what the common denominator is?

Id argue the common denominator is that theyre all above themselves and the only way to move forward from the tail wagging the dog is to stamp on it brutally....lol....not the dogs tail....just the poor attitude to their being one leader - one song.....!!

Croft was fat but ive heard he's lost a lot. Was quite down when asked about his future with us by my mate.

Just been speaking to a work colleague who saw him training in David Lloyd and he said he looked very trim indeed...

As for Leacock going I think he needs a change of surroundings. A lot of players need a fresh start somewhere else in order to back to their best. We haven't seen him anywhere near his best form for a while now and his shambolic showing at the Sh**y Ground seems to have made Nigel's mind up...

It is just different styles, everyone is different. NC is happy to tell it how it is. These guys are paid a lot of money to do what they do. They earn the accolades in the public eye and should be prepared to take the butt kicks in the public eye. Commons responded well with his most consistent performances in a Derby shirt which subsequently earned him a good career advancement, Cwyka showed himself to be capable of taking the critism on the chin and probably being better for it. Leacock and Moxey should have been flogged for their stupid bookings in the first few minutes at Forest.

Despite the large number of players who have left Derby I don't recall anyone saying anything bad about Nigel Cloughs methods. On the contrary, I hear a lot of comments about how much they enjoy working with him, how good the training routines are.

It is just different styles, everyone is different. NC is happy to tell it how it is. These guys are paid a lot of money to do what they do. They earn the accolades in the public eye and should be prepared to take the butt kicks in the public eye. Commons responded well with his most consistent performances in a Derby shirt which subsequently earned him a good career advancement, Cwyka showed himself to be capable of taking the critism on the chin and probably being better for it. Leacock and Moxey should have been flogged for their stupid bookings in the first few minutes at Forest.

Despite the large number of players who have left Derby I don't recall anyone saying anything bad about Nigel Cloughs methods. On the contrary, I hear a lot of comments about how much they enjoy working with him, how good the training routines are.

I have heard several rumors that people said it was a joke and they were glad to have left, leacock was played out of position and played a high line against a fast winger, it wasn't his fault.

no but had played center back consistently for a few years with us so he may have felt a little lost.

True, but it was his lack of effort that seemed to annoy most people, reading reports and listening to peoples views, sounds like he wasn't putting his all in, which he really should be.

Archived