Derby Confirm Retained List

Day

Derby County manager Nigel Clough has confirmed his end of season retained list.

Striker Chris Porter, who was Clough's first signing for the Club in January 2009 from Scottish Premier League side Motherwell. will not be re-signing for the Rams.

Porter, 27, has found his time at Pride Park disrupted by injuries and made 25 starts, and a further 25 appearances, from the bench during his two-and-a-half years with Derby.

He scored nine goals in those appearances, including a brace in the 2-1 win at Preston North End in January 2011.

The Rams have also informed winger Greg Mills, who has spent the majority of the season on loan at AFC Telford United, and Arnaud Mendy that they will not be offered fresh terms.

Clough has also confirmed that goalkeepers Saul Deeney and Ross Atkins will be offered new deals while the option has also been taken up on James Severn's contract to remain with the Rams for a further year.

Trio Brad Jones, Daniel Ayala and Alberto Bueno will also be returning to their parent clubs at the end of their loan deals.

Out of contract and not being offered new deals: Chris Porter, Greg Mills, Arnaud Mendy, Robbie Savage (retiring).

Out of contract and to be offered new deals: Saul Deeney, Ross Atkins.

Players under contract beyond summer of 2011: Stephen Bywater, John Brayford, Gareth Roberts, Paul Green, Shaun Barker, Dean Leacock, Steven Davies, Jamie Ward, Stephen Pearson, Russell Anderson, David Martin, James Bailey, Jake Buxton, Tomasz Cywka, Ben Pringle, Miles Addison, Ben Davies, Conor Doyle, Jeff Hendrick, James Severn, Ryan Connolly, Lee Croft, Luke Varney, Mark O'Brien.

Returning to parent clubs after loan deals: Brad Jones, Daniel Ayala, Alberto Bueno

In addition, Academy youngsters Callum Ball, Alex Witham, Aaron Cole and Chris Jones will become first-year professionals next season after completing their scholarship programmes.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2357692,00.html

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it was pretty clear Porter was a gonner ,, would really like to see Ayala back out of the loan list ,, also keeping hold of our young keepers is a good move although i think thats a sign Bywater can leave , hopefully Deeney can have the no.2 keeper spot

I wouldst hope they aren't taking their eyes off Ayala and Bueno completely as they could still prove to be useful additions. Especially Bueno if our football improves as I think we all no he would be a better player if he had better players around him.

Deeney is possibly the worst back up ever, when ever he is close the getting had game he gets "injured".

Waste of a wage.

Tad unfair really, that happened once, then his Dad fell seriously ill back in Ireland

Deeney is possibly the worst back up ever, when ever he is close the getting had game he gets "injured".

Waste of a wage.

Agreed and there had never seemed much confidence from clough and his staff in letting him take the starting spot. I'd be much happier with Duke coming in on a free, with a low wage mind, and then being shot of Deeney.

I wouldst hope they aren't taking their eyes off Ayala and Bueno completely as they could still prove to be useful additions. Especially Bueno if our football improves as I think we all no he would be a better player if he had better players around him.

Agree with that. But if we could only have one back on loan I'd go for Ayala. There have been one or two face/palm moments; but I think it'll be difficult to find another defender anywhere near as good.

given that Clough keeps going on about a small squad and with the new players already signed taking the retained number to about 30. i winder how many of these retained with go.

A lot will go bywater varney croft Martin Cywka Leacock and maybe a few others

Cywka isn't leaving. First proof is that Clough and Glick include him in the players of the future, including him with Brayford, Bailey, Fielding, Ward etc.

Secondly from speaking to him first hand, he talks about wanting to improve his game over the next and final 12 months of his contract. After that he'd love to stay as this he feels very much at home at Derby under Clough.

Cywka isn't leaving. First proof is that Clough and Glick include him in the players of the future, including him with Brayford, Bailey, Fielding, Ward etc.

Secondly from speaking to him first hand, he talks about wanting to improve his game over the next and final 12 months of his contract. After that he'd love to stay as this he feels very much at home at Derby under Clough.

if thats a fact then good, i'm glad the "He can go back to Wigan or wherever he came from until he learns the game" and "not very bright" comments are all forgotten about because he's still young and has potential.

if thats a fact then good, i'm glad the "He can go back to Wigan or wherever he came from until he learns the game" and "not very bright" comments are all forgotten about because he's still young and has potential.

Not completely forgotten though eh? :p

I always thought that although it's not the normal way managers speak, there is no evidence to suggest it was the wrong way.

NVM. In the past and Cywka will be a top player if he's given games. He was brilliant in our good patch. Only slightly less brilliant than Commons, Bueno and Green. What a combo those were when in form.

Archived