So-who would you buy?

Anag Ram

I think Fielding and Ward are both sound signings. If the money's there, I think Billy Sharp and Craig Davies would be a good forward combination. The key areas for me would be left back and centre half. Matthew Kilgallon an option here. We need a leader of the back four. Barker's ok but lacks pace and leadership skills - not a captain. Bowyer might just be the type of guy to lift the team, but I'm really hoping Addison gets fit and settles the midfield. He's our captain of the future.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craig Davies? I'm unsure as to what a League 2 player would bring to a Championship club aiming for promotion. He's good at that level and that's probably it.

Shaun Barker is in my opinion a great captain, and as for Miles Addison unfortunately I don't think he is going to reach his potential:(

I agree with Kilgallon though, good player and along with Fielding and Ward would be a good start.

Not Theo Robinson though, he has a poor touch and couldn't score in a brothel.

Craig Davies? I'm unsure as to what a League 2 player would bring to a Championship club aiming for promotion. He's good at that level and that's probably it.

Lighting pace, scores goals, made John Brayford look pretty useless. Tbf i'd rather bring in Craig Davies than Robinson. At least Davies can control the ball :p

Craig Davies has the confidence of scoring goals and has the physical presence to support smaller players like Cywka, Ward and (let's hope) Billy Sharp. Too many of our targets have scored 5 goals a season. The Championship is not the place to turn that around.

I agree with your sentiments on Theo. I also wouldn't bother with Bueno. he's got lovely touch and vision, but this is shown fleetingly and I can't help feeling he's a bit of a luxury in a tough division.

Everyone says what good players Barker, Brayford and Ayala have been, yet in every game we look as likely of keeping a cleen sheet as a teenager with a mag - hence my point about a leader in the back four.

It seems Billy Jones of Preston now seems a possibility and this would look to be positive.

We have suffered enough recently - let's all hope for a team the fans deserve!

Craig Davies has the confidence of scoring goals and has the physical presence to support smaller players like Cywka, Ward and (let's hope) Billy Sharp. Too many of our targets have scored 5 goals a season. The Championship is not the place to turn that around.

I agree with your sentiments on Theo. I also wouldn't bother with Bueno. he's got lovely touch and vision, but this is shown fleetingly and I can't help feeling he's a bit of a luxury in a tough division.

Everyone says what good players Barker, Brayford and Ayala have been, yet in every game we look as likely of keeping a cleen sheet as a teenager with a mag - hence my point about a leader in the back four.

It seems Billy Jones of Preston now seems a possibility and this would look to be positive.

We have suffered enough recently - let's all hope for a team the fans deserve!

Billy Jones - to lead and help shore up the back. Is this the same defender who has been part of Prestons defense who looked even less likely than us to keep a clean sheet?

On Billy Jones, one good defender can't change the fortunes of a poor team. Look at the opinions of fans of Crewe and Preston and you'll see he's held in high regard.

I've not seen us linked with any central midfield player - a crucial position.

Other than Lee Bowyer, has anyone heard where Clough might turn his attention?

Billy Jones because he is a left back (so he can replace roberts, who hast done enough this season to prove himself at left-back) and he is young, and he can play in midfield aswell so he can be useful

I've not seen us linked with any central midfield player - a crucial position.

Other than Lee Bowyer, has anyone heard where Clough might turn his attention?

Poated on another thread we are in for John Eustace.

Billy Jones is a solid tackler and a good passer of the ball. Also manged to get a few goals in his time. But if we were thinking of playing him LB or RB, Would we be looking for someone with more pace who can support our wide men? Or do you think Pace can be sacrificed (a-la Gary Neville etc.)

Billy Jones because he is a left back (so he can replace roberts, who hast done enough this season to prove himself at left-back) and he is young, and he can play in midfield aswell so he can be useful

billy jones isnt a left back.....

What's the latest on Bujis??

Craig Beattie? Been linked with him.

Neil Danns out of contract?

Out of the players we've been linked with though i'd like a gander at Bujis.

I can see a team including Waghorn, Tyson, Robinson and Pearson. Fast attacking players.

........ who can't cross or shoot it seems to me.

That'll be handy. Might aswell sign a the winner of the Grand National. Those things are even faster.

Actually from this bad boy list that G Star Ram posted

Chris Burke (Cardiff)

Neil Dann (Crystal Palace)

Gareth McAuley (Ipswich)

David Norris (Ipswich)

Bradley Johnson (Leeds)

Guy Moussi (******)

Michael Brown (Portsmouth)

David Nugent (Portsmouth)

Billy Jones (Preston)

Heidar Helguson (QPR)

Hal Robson Kanu (Reading)

Brynjar Gunnarson (Reading)

Ivar Ingimarsson (Reading)

Angel Rangel (Swansea)

I'd be in there like a pig in ***** if i was Nigel. 14 players there that imo offer far more than Tyson, Pearson, Robinson and Waghorn could.

Moussi is exactly the sort of player our weak tackling midfield is crying out for.

Rangel or McAuley?

Get the cheque book Mr Glick. We've got some freebies who need a heavy wage packet.

Fielding

Ward

Neil Danns

Darren Ambrose

Billy Jones

Danny Bujis (will spell properly if he signs)

Jordan Rhodes

Brian Stock

Billy Sharp

Jon-Jo Shelvey (season long loan)

Of course those highlighted would cost £1m plus but we can dream can't we...

Archived