Reading v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your comments are bizarre.

If you're going to thank Savage you might aswell thank every player that has pulled on the shirt. Kenny Miller, Robert Earnshaw, Kris Commons were all loyal to us, they all honoured their contract, none of them walked away leaving the club pennyless. None of them ripped up their contract

The difference between them and Savage is they were actually wanted by other teams, and sold, hence they were actually averagish/goodish players.. Unlike Savage whose woeful performances the past 3 years wouldn't have deserved $1k a week let alone $23k then $15k for another 2 years. No-one would want him, and I doubt he'd leave with what he was earning.

He honoured his contract, who wouldn't in his position, a past-it footballer earning that much.. My Grandma could have honoured her contract too and given 100% to the team.. SHe would have done F*ck all except make the halftime cuppers but hey ho lets thank her for honouring her contract though it did cost us in excess of $4mill.

As a general person though Sav comes accross as a decent guy. Got nothing against him as a person, he was a good player once upon a time.

very different, I don't think any of those players cared about our club, to me Savage does. Therefore I'll show him some respect, I'll welcome him back anytime he comes to visit.

Yes mate, I think I would seriously consider that. :confused:

It might need me to actually meet Savage for the first time and see if his intensions towards DCFC were ok - then I might be ok with it but I would be very sceptical. I just don't like the geezer (as you all know!)

Your repressed desire for Sav has been obvious from the outset. He's leaving now, it's your last chance.

very different, I don't think any of those players cared about our club, to me Savage does. Therefore I'll show him some respect, I'll welcome him back anytime he comes to visit.

What makes you think he cares? His twitter account? He cared because we paid his wages. If he had more years in his career and someone came in for him he'd go and care for them.

Good luck to his post football career, seems a good bloke and he should get a send off because it's the end of his career but it's not like a loyal player leaving (like Neville at Utd) he was here for 3 years at the end of the career. He shouldn't be classed as a loyal derby legend or anything like that.

Your comments are bizarre.

If you're going to thank Savage you might aswell thank every player that has pulled on the shirt. Kenny Miller, Robert Earnshaw, Kris Commons were all loyal to us, they all honoured their contract, none of them walked away leaving the club pennyless. None of them ripped up their contract

The difference between them and Savage is they were actually wanted by other teams, and sold, hence they were actually averagish/goodish players.. Unlike Savage whose woeful performances the past 3 years wouldn't have deserved $1k a week let alone $23k then $15k for another 2 years. No-one would want him, and I doubt he'd leave with what he was earning.

He honoured his contract, who wouldn't in his position, a past-it footballer earning that much.. My Grandma could have honoured her contract too and given 100% to the team.. SHe would have done F*ck all except make the halftime cuppers but hey ho lets thank her for honouring her contract though it did cost us in excess of $4mill.

As a general person though Sav comes accross as a decent guy. Got nothing against him as a person, he was a good player once upon a time.

Without Savage, Barker and Bywater last season we might well have been relegated. Not sure how much that would have cost us.

What makes you think he cares? His twitter account? He cared because we paid his wages. If he had more years in his career and someone came in for him he'd go and care for them.

Good luck to his post football career, seems a good bloke and he should get a send off because it's the end of his career but it's not like a loyal player leaving (like Neville at Utd) he was here for 3 years at the end of the career. He shouldn't be classed as a loyal derby legend or anything like that.

I don't think of him as a Derby legend, I just think that he genuinely cares about the club. Maybe i'm a fool but it's what I think.

Archived