Savage: Thankyou or sod off ?

ramexpat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad he's going.

He's past it, he runs like a headless chicken, his passing's woeful, his quick free kicks never work.

Can't knock him for effort, but when the effort doesn't do any good it's annoying.

His quick free kicks never work because nobody else is ever awake - (except Paul Dickov of course...)

His quick free kicks never work because nobody else is ever awake - (except Paul Dickov of course...)

Haha, I remember Paul Dickov scoring from one in 09/10 (not a clue what game it was, can't remember), but it doesn't help when one of your strikers has the touch of an elephant.

I think he was a great guy, legs have now gone but he gave 100% every game and was always available for selection. Love to give him a coaching role so he could be around the dressing room, his character will be missed in there on a match day!

Enjoy the media career Sav! :)

Good luck Sav, great for winding the opposition up (we should know he's done us a few times in the past)

Pity we didn't get him 10 seasons ago, great character to have in football - god knows they are disappearing fast from our game, need more like Sav/Vinny Jones types,

Hope his media career goes well, And finally i'll never forget the great memory he's left me with (yes, the scarf waving against florest !)

Good luck to Sav hope he enjoy's the next episode in his life.

Finally I would like to say as a Derby fan, good riddance to Savage, one of the worst players we have ever had. Glad he is going and he and his Pantomime Dame routine he did at Derby was awful. Hope he never comes back... :)

Sav, one of our worst ??? as for that shower that didn't turn up today ??? I think in that case we have at least six more just as bad, we are crap !! League position does not lie !!!

Sheff Utd. Were a top team last season and they have not made many changes to their side and now they have been relegated to league 1. You would not believe the shell shock from them lot right now.

Sheff Utd. Were a top team last season and they have not made many changes to their side and now they have been relegated to league 1. You would not believe the shell shock from them lot right now.

i can imagine.

One of my favourite players of recent times.

I hated him at leicester when he used to get players sent off, not just when he played derby either.

But in the last year or 2 I have liked the guy.

Can be a nob in what he says on the radio, tv or to the papers, but on the football pitch top guy.

He is always involved, and when things arent goign right, he tries to make things happen. I dislike bit part players and players where a game can pass them by, but that cannot be said of savage.

When we are playign poorly, he is often one of our better players, but when things were going really good (like in our purple patch) then he sometimes looked like the weak link. I think that says it all.

I think one reason I liked him, (certainly before Bailey arrived) was he was far and away the best central midfielder we had.

Paul Green, Miles Addison, Stephen pearson all have their limitations in that position.

I don't see how anyone can call him our worst player of all time. Nor even the worst player on the pitch yesterday.

Coco Davis surely. At least in my time watching Derby. Can't really remember anyone worse than him...?!?!?

Archived