Derby County v Burnley

froggg

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3-1. St.George's Day. 3.00pm kick off on a saturday. Sunny and warm. Shorts and shades all round. Outdoor drinking. Full week off work to look forward to.

I don't know when you think we're playing this game, Satdee is Easter Eve mate :rolleyes:

4-3 to the Rams.

It's St. George's Day on the 23rd, mate.

St George's day never falls on an Easter Eve, and traditionally, it's moved.

Isn't St. George's day supposed to be day of patriotism? Bit of a farce that this year we're celebrating it on the wrong day, ignoring English tradition and customs.

St George's day never falls on an Easter Eve, and traditionally, it's moved.

Isn't St. George's day supposed to be day of patriotism? Bit of a farce that this year we're celebrating it on the wrong day, ignoring English tradition and customs.

Why should St. George's day be moved because you can't remember year to year when some hairy anarchist got nailed to a plank a few thousand years ago.

It makes a mockery of Georgie boys toe-to-toe with that Dragon. If he'd have known, he'd have told said Dragon to leave it out and took him for a pint instead.

Honestly, some folks have no sense of history anymore.....

Humour bypass bunny?

The irony of complaining of the son of god's death interfering with a Saint's day slipped past you............

I'd just woken up, so my irony-radar wasn't fully switched on :rolleyes:

Even so, there are plenty of people in this country that would think what you typed in that post seriously.

Archived