Sav - Still Got It

Wilko

Watching Sav tonight, for all the "He's lost his legs" and that many wouldn't give him a year for next season, I'd consider it based on his game tonight.

For the last few games against QPR, Sav has had Adel Taarabt in his back pocket and has kept his influence to a minimum. Tonight, we saw it again, to the point where Taarabt dived about, failed to get past Sav at any time and ended up being subbed, throwing a bottle and heading straight down the tunnel.

Sav has improved again lately and I still maintain he has one of the highest fitness levels in the squad.

I'd give him one final year. Cut his wages and reduce his role in the squad. I genuinely think he can cut it at this level for another year, and he proved that tonight by reducing the Championship's Player of the Year to a bit part in a game where arguably he should have run rings round the opposition.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching Sav tonight, for all the "He's lost his legs" and that many wouldn't give him a year for next season, I'd consider it based on his game tonight.

For the last few games against QPR, Sav has had Adel Taarabt in his back pocket and has kept his influence to a minimum. Tonight, we saw it again, to the point where Taarabt dived about, failed to get past Sav at any time and ended up being subbed, throwing a bottle and heading straight down the tunnel.

Sav has improved again lately and I still maintain he has one of the highest fitness levels in the squad.

I'd give him one final year. Cut his wages and reduce his role in the squad. I genuinely think he can cut it at this level for another year, and he proved that tonight by reducing the Championship's Player of the Year to a bit part in a game where arguably he should have run rings round the opposition.

Passenger far too ofen this season IMO Wilko. One good game doesn't change my mind just as one bad game doesn't. Pearson has impressed me greatly in the last 2 or 3 games but I'll look at the season as a whole and say he's been incredibly poor. We need to move on, seriously. We have been bypassed so frequently in midfield this season and Savage is as much a part of that as the rest. Let us take stock at the end of the campaign and judge each by his merits over every game he has played. Too many inconsistent/technically poor players.

I wouldnt have offered a contract but then paul green got injured..... now I think maybe we should look at this option.

Even with a mass influx of incoming players we need some stability too.

I wouldnt have offered a contract but then paul green got injured..... now I think maybe we should look at this option.

Even with a mass influx of incoming players we need some stability too.

Good arrows.

I think he's playing for a new contract, but isn't sure he's gonna get one. Going out with a bang, good luck to him whatever happens.

Thought he might stick around for some coaching.

Just announced! New jacket from @RobbieSavage8 clothing range. Comes with extra large pockets, perfect for storing players of the year!

Sav on twitter.......:D

QPR at home

Leeds at Home

Swansea at home

Leeds away

plus any game he palyed in during the purple patch - where any player who went o nhe pitch generally played very well.

leeds away, really !?!??

decent v swansea

i agree with the others though

I personally wouldn't want him anywhere near DCFC ever again. Hate him and his girlie pantomine dame hairstyle and Gyppo looks. Hope he leaves ASAP :mad:

Never been a decent footballer and an overpaid over rated gobby **** stain - hope he never plays for us again!

I personally wouldn't want him anywhere near DCFC ever again. Hate him and his girlie pantomine dame hairstyle and Gyppo looks. Hope he leaves ASAP :mad:

Never been a decent footballer and an overpaid over rated gobby **** stain - hope he never plays for us again!

Closet Robbie fan :D

Wouldn't give him another season. There have been so many occasions when he has been bypassed. If we are to progress we need better and deserve better.

He should have been given MotM tonight (draws, it always go to the home team)

He has won me over - from always hating him, I have loved him at Derby, a character when we needed something ' cos we had nothing else.

But a new contract - not on the current terms, I believe that the whole idea was to wipeout the obscene wagebill and build again with a quality manager.

And that, my Friends - is what is happening!

Closet Robbie fan :D

Wouldn't give him another season. There have been so many occasions when he has been bypassed. If we are to progress we need better and deserve better.

It would depend on how he would be used. If he was on bench to come on for 20mins when game is closed to run round like headless chicken winding up the tired young opposition (lets be honest they will all be young to him), or to be played in games like tonight who have a fancy player as they do not run a lot they are just full of tricks his experience this yr has kept them quiet THEN yes would have another season.

However if he was to play from the start in every game then NO this for me would not be progress.

Another year in this team? No way.

If we're up to much in the summer, snag ourselves a big ball winning midfielder and Bailey can build on from this season. Then yes.

Savage played very well with Bailey during our good patch. But there was movement ahead of them and full backs giving options. When it's all so static infront of them they both look more average. Especially Savage who doesn't have the composure and passing range of Bailey.

Depends on what sort of summer.

Brilliant performances against Taraabt 3 or 4 times now is it? Away last season was as good as tonight.

Savage or Green though. One's gotta go or accept some serious time on the bench. Can't both play with Bailey. No one to carry the ball and force the play from midfield.

Get Ward signed up! Now THERE is a lad that can carry the ball. As good as Commons at times. Better even.

It would depend on how he would be used. If he was on bench to come on for 20mins when game is closed to run round like headless chicken winding up the tired young opposition (lets be honest they will all be young to him), or to be played in games like tonight who have a fancy player as they do not run a lot they are just full of tricks his experience this yr has kept them quiet THEN yes would have another season.

However if he was to play from the start in every game then NO this for me would not be progress.

Definitely how I see it!!

very good defensively, same as ever on the ball though, when he passed it straight out of play under no pressure it was laughable. Never been a fan of these work horse players and never will be

Same here. Hard work isn't really enough. Sometimes it does fit though. Sometimes his work rate is enough to disrupt a midfield.

But more often than not, games require you to give something more. Tonight he was the perfect fit though.

Archived