Most someone has bet

Plan B

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I put 1,120 pound on an in game bet once, never again... although I won it killed me, since that is a lot of money to me!

however it was on mexican football and a team was 2-0 up with 8 minutes to go, I managed to earn myself over 100 pound though.. It was a stupid stupid decision and i'll never do it again, stomach was very tight.

I'm a big fan of big bets on in-play on markets such as goals over/under. Very exciting as well

Never hear of anyone losing a bet, but you always hear of people winning. Never adds up. Bit like this thread. It's a mugs game. I bet for abit of fun every now and then.

Never hear of anyone losing a bet, but you always hear of people winning. Never adds up. Bit like this thread. It's a mugs game. I bet for abit of fun every now and then.

check the football betting thread out, had £30 on Manure and Livingston tonight, 94.50 returns. Livingston won, Manure drew. I don't do it to make money, I do it more as a hobbie. Normally I would spend money on a hobbie, this one I make a few bob so everybody wins

check the football betting thread out, had £30 on Manure and Livingston tonight, 94.50 returns. Livingston won, Manure drew. I don't do it to make money, I do it more as a hobbie. Normally I would spend money on a hobbie, this one I make a few bob so everybody wins

I too had a double on Rangers and Man Utd.

I'm actually a curse for Man Utd, I've bet on them 3 times this year (Liverpool, Citeh and Newcastle) and each time they've failed to win.

I also had them down to win the league last year (had money on it) and lost.

Just out of curiousity is there a football pools done in The UK? Sort of a lottery?

In Mexico there is one called 'La Quiniela' and it's a selection of 14 matches (accumalator) of 8 Mexican League Matches, 2 from La Liga, 2 from Italy and 2 from England. It's a simple Home/Draw/Away selection.

It costs 75p (ish) to play. And basically out of the 14 results, if you can predict 10 you win around $20, with 11 you win $500, with 12 you win $30k, with 13 you win $250k and with 14 you win $1mill or something similar.

I put one of these on every week, as it's a great way to pay attention to the games and makes it more exciting. I've been woeful on a couple of occasions (ie. 4 out of 14) but on another I've done fairly well (10 out of 14) which basically covered me for the next 2 months worth of plays.

It makes the Bookies tonnes of money as virtually everyone I know at least puts one on a week, but it only takes a few lucky results here or there to really set you up.

I too had a double on Rangers and Man Utd.

I'm actually a curse for Man Utd, I've bet on them 3 times this year (Liverpool, Citeh and Newcastle) and each time they've failed to win.

I also had them down to win the league last year (had money on it) and lost.

Just out of curiousity is there a football pools done in The UK? Sort of a lottery?

In Mexico there is one called 'La Quiniela' and it's a selection of 14 matches (accumalator) of 8 Mexican League Matches, 2 from La Liga, 2 from Italy and 2 from England. It's a simple Home/Draw/Away selection.

It costs 75p (ish) to play. And basically out of the 14 results, if you can predict 10 you win around $20, with 11 you win $500, with 12 you win $30k, with 13 you win $250k and with 14 you win $1mill or something similar.

I put one of these on every week, as it's a great way to pay attention to the games and makes it more exciting. I've been woeful on a couple of occasions (ie. 4 out of 14) but on another I've done fairly well (10 out of 14) which basically covered me for the next 2 months worth of plays.

It makes the Bookies tonnes of money as virtually everyone I know at least puts one on a week, but it only takes a few lucky results here or there to really set you up.

You predict 10 matches correct and you only get $20, that's shocking.

More recently....well, I've got £4000 worth of bets currently on the first round of the snooker. Here's hoping.

Am up £4500. Thanks to John Higgins and Mark J Williams for that.

I've tucked away £1500 and have another £3000 on a straight double with Ding Juinhi at 1/5 and Mark Selby at 2/7 to win their 2nd round games.

Don't let me down lads :rolleyes:

i am not a gambling man at all , but i set up a bet365 account a few years ago just to bet a few quid , i placed a 5 pound bet on derby beating newcastle 1-0 and Kenny Miller scoring the only goal of the game in the first half. got me 230 quid back , that 230 quid i lost the very next day on a random bet

i am not a gambling man at all , but i set up a bet365 account a few years ago just to bet a few quid , i placed a 5 pound bet on derby beating newcastle 1-0 and Kenny Miller scoring the only goal of the game in the first half. got me 230 quid back , that 230 quid i lost the very next day on a random bet

That's how they get you in!

I'm building up an online account to cover my holiday spending money.

Deposited £40 just over a week ago on Betfred, tripled it so far to just over 120 quid.

Taking it steady, betting most days but sticking to 'certs' now, after a few mishaps. :)

And what a goal it was. A speculative shot from about 30 yards if memory serves me right. Firstgoalscorer/scorecasts are almost impossible to guess. Don't think I've ever got one right.

That's how they get you in!

I'm building up an online account to cover my holiday spending money.

Deposited £40 just over a week ago on Betfred, tripled it so far to just over 120 quid.

Taking it steady, betting most days but sticking to 'certs' now, after a few mishaps. :)

So much for betting 1%-2% of your bankroll then :D

i went to the bookies and put a pound on sunderland to beat chelsea and gyan to score anytime at 120/1 - couldn't find just the 'sunderland to win' so put sunderland to win 1-0.... Sunderland win 3-0 (i think) and Gyan scored. Gutted.

Won £28 on the Southampton v United FA Cup game on a £1 bet where Saints would be winning at half time and united to win at full time.

Am up £4500. Thanks to John Higgins and Mark J Williams for that.

I've tucked away £1500 and have another £3000 on a straight double with Ding Juinhi at 1/5 and Mark Selby at 2/7 to win their 2nd round games.

Don't let me down lads :rolleyes:

WOW. That was a close one with Ding. £4400 riding on one frame of snooker. Takes me to £6000 profit for the tournament.

My heart can't take much more of that so have now banked £5000 in total profit and that leaves me with another £1000 to play with in the quarters.

Happy days

WOW. That was a close one with Ding. £4400 riding on one frame of snooker. Takes me to £6000 profit for the tournament.

My heart can't take much more of that so have now banked £5000 in total profit and that leaves me with another £1000 to play with in the quarters.

Happy days

Betting on Snooker must surely be one of the safest bets you can do.. I know you just mentioned that you had a huge bet decided by a single frame but in general the best players win.. Especially over 13 frames or so as it seems luck doesn't play a huge part in deciding a single match, unlike other sports.

I guess sticking $2000 on Mark Selby to win his opening game is similar to sticking $2000 on Man Utd to win the league. Rather than sticking $2000 on Mark Selby to win frame no.5 or $2000 on Man Utd to beat Villa as luck can play a huge part in a single frame/match.

Happy days

Give it a year, you'll be in rehab :p

In seriousness, betting in snooker is about as good as betting gets, providing you know abit and you're not stupid. I usually get involved but have been busy of late and haven't had the chance to look up odds/be arsed. Tempted to put some bigger money on at another tournament now some people have shown me what can be done! Give it a year!

In seriousness, betting in snooker is about as good as betting gets, providing you know abit and you're not stupid. I usually get involved but have been busy of late and haven't had the chance to look up odds/be arsed. Tempted to put some bigger money on at another tournament now some people have shown me what can be done! Give it a year!

You and Vegas are spot on. It's the only tournament in the sporting calendar that I bet big money on. The early rounds are great as there are few upsets.

Now it's getting to the latter rounds it becomes more difficult.

Higgins for me looks like a good bet at around even money to beat Ronnie and Williams to beat Allen (minus 3.5 frames) at evens looks tempting but I won't be going big.....well not really big on either.

Archived