The Championship all star team

Cisse

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen much football this season so can't comment, however Wes Morgan is poor IMO I don't think he is as bad as our fans make out but I wouldn't have him over any of our centre halfs.. including bucko and anderson in that.

I think the only outstanding prospect in the championship at the minute is nicky maynard, he has been available for 9 games and scored 6 goals from a bad injury. Taarabt is a talent however you can see why spurs got rid, he isn't a team player... does it for himself, equally brilliant and frustrating. He is a great youtube player though.

------------------Kenny

McNaughton---Gorks---Williams----Naylor

-------------------King------------

---------Sinclair-----------Snodgrass

-----------------Taraabt---------

--------Graham------------Hoult

No Reading players at all? I actually like this team, though I'd kick out Naylor and put Ian Harte.. Just for the fact he's part of a very strong Reading defence and has helped himself to about 10 goals this season.

Also you cheated, only 2 players per team :rolleyes: you've got 3 from QPR.

I personally think Hulls, Forests and Millwalls defence have been overlooked.. They've all kept an incredible amount of clean sheets this season. Each have a better defence than Leeds, Cardiff, Norwich, Leicester etc.

Hull are also 16 away games unbeaten. Fantastic record built on a strong defence. Though at home they're struggling and with the resouces they have they should be top 6.

Also to the person who mentioned Bothroyd.. He's nowhere near England quality and his early season form (He's scored about 2 in the past 20 odd games) didn't warrant an England call-up. Ridiculous decision.

England must have had a host of injuries at the time as surely Defoe, Crouch, Rooney, Carroll, Bent, K.Davies, D.Welbeck, F.Cambell, DJ Cambell (is he English?), Agbonlahor, Cameron Jerome (is he English?) are all ahead of him in terms of ability.

Also to the person who mentioned Bothroyd.. He's nowhere near England quality and his early season form (He's scored about 2 in the past 20 odd games) didn't warrant an England call-up. Ridiculous decision.

England must have had a host of injuries at the time as surely Defoe, Crouch, Rooney, Carroll, Bent, K.Davies, D.Welbeck, F.Cambell, DJ Cambell (is he English?), Agbonlahor, Cameron Jerome (is he English?) are all ahead of him in terms of ability.

Campbell and Jerome are English and I agree with you.

Bothroyd is a solid CCC player who went on a decent 15 game run.

Also Capello has a strange methodolgy when picking squds, the likes of Kevin Davies etc have had one call up and he has not been anywhere selction since.

Also Capello has a strange methodolgy when picking squds, the likes of Kevin Davies etc have had one call up and he has not been anywhere selction since.

I think he's a strange manager altogether, whilst he has a very good managerial record (clubs) he was a strange decision to begin with. It's baffling how after a 2 years or so he still has very limited english.

England are in abit of trouble at the moment. Chris Smalling looks a natural replacement for Rio, Andy Carroll could become a Shearer type striker with time and Jack Wilshire offers something we've not had since Gazza, other than that we've got nothing except average players.

But I was stunned when Bothroyd got a call-up. Wasn't it against France aswell? One attacking force includes a solid Championship striker who might get you 20 goals at that level, whilst at the other end you have Karim Benzema who's worth $30mil plus and likely to be starting a Champions League semi-final.

that is because he was experimenting with different players.

I seriously hate him as a manager and I don't see what he brings to the job???

No Reading players at all? I actually like this team, though I'd kick out Naylor and put Ian Harte.. Just for the fact he's part of a very strong Reading defence and has helped himself to about 10 goals this season.

Also you cheated, only 2 players per team :rolleyes: you've got 3 from QPR.

I personally think Hulls, Forests and Millwalls defence have been overlooked.. They've all kept an incredible amount of clean sheets this season. Each have a better defence than Leeds, Cardiff, Norwich, Leicester etc.

Hull are also 16 away games unbeaten. Fantastic record built on a strong defence. Though at home they're struggling and with the resouces they have they should be top 6.

Had a brainwave and couldn't think of any left-backs :rolleyes: so I agree, put Harte in there.

Surprised Snodgrass and King have been so overlooked though - I consider both as underrated to the outside world (even if they are bummed a bit too much by their clubs' fans).

I picked the stand-out players for me, forgetting the 2-per-club rule :rolleyes: so it's Lee Camp in goal for me....typed through gritted fingers.

Had a brainwave and couldn't think of any left-backs :rolleyes: so I agree, put Harte in there.

Surprised Snodgrass and King have been so overlooked though - I consider both as underrated to the outside world (even if they are bummed a bit too much by their clubs' fans).

I picked the stand-out players for me, forgetting the 2-per-club rule :rolleyes: so it's Lee Camp in goal for me....typed through gritted fingers.

I don't really know of Snodgrass, has he had a better season than Howson?

Andy King does get overlooked, but he's an attacking midfielder.. And off the top of my head I can name a few that have had better seasons, especially Taraabt, Lansbury and perhaps Sinclair if you can count him as an AM.. Also as strange as it sounds, had Commons finished the season with us, I'm sure he'd get more recognition.. He was a standout NPC player having a great season until he left.

I don't really know of Snodgrass, has he had a better season than Howson?

Andy King does get overlooked, but he's an attacking midfielder.. And off the top of my head I can name a few that have had better seasons, especially Taraabt, Lansbury and perhaps Sinclair if you can count him as an AM.. Also as strange as it sounds, had Commons finished the season with us, I'm sure he'd get more recognition.. He was a standout NPC player having a great season until he left.

Snodgrass is a top talent, he can really hit one. He's got pace and can really pick out a cross. He's one of the most underrated players in the league.

And although he is an AM, King can be used as a holding midfielder that bursts forward, a little like Paul Scholes. For his long-rage shooting and skill I'd have him in my midfield.

And yes, Commons was right up there with the best. Wish we kept on to him til now, then he'd deffo be on that team sheet.

Snodgrass is a top talent, he can really hit one. He's got pace and can really pick out a cross. He's one of the most underrated players in the league.

And although he is an AM, King can be used as a holding midfielder that bursts forward, a little like Paul Scholes. For his long-rage shooting and skill I'd have him in my midfield.

And yes, Commons was right up there with the best. Wish we kept on to him til now, then he'd deffo be on that team sheet.

Living in scotland I of course support a scottish team, Livingston. Snodgrass, Dorrans, McPake (Coventry), Halliday (Middlesbrough), Griffiths (Wolves) all used to play there. I can tell you that back in the day Snodgrass was always a much better player than Dorrans just had a bit of attitude. There's still a number of cracking young players coming through the ranks, we really should take a look. Livingston were demoted to the third division as they went in to admin, they've won the league the last two seasons basically with their younger players meaning that a few have developed very quickly into stars

Living in scotland I of course support a scottish team, Livingston. Snodgrass, Dorrans, McPake (Coventry), Halliday (Middlesbrough), Griffiths (Wolves) all used to play there. I can tell you that back in the day Snodgrass was always a much better player than Dorrans just had a bit of attitude. There's still a number of cracking young players coming through the ranks, we really should take a look. Livingston were demoted to the third division as they went in to admin, they've won the league the last two seasons basically with their younger players meaning that a few have developed very quickly into stars

Tell that to the scouting team :rolleyes:

Good to see some scotts in the team that could break into the national side.

Tell that to the scouting team :rolleyes:

Good to see some scotts in the team that could break into the national side.

The Scottish national team will be full of Livingston graduates in 4 or 5 years. The next generation of talent is meant to better than the Dorrans/Snodgrass one.

Not read the whole thread but on an attacking sense (4132) and only looking at the front five.

Taraabt - king - Sinclair

Holt - Graham

Can't think of much defensively right now as I'm getting tired but an attacking five like that would be mouthwatering.

I always assumed people rated Snodgrass? Are there people out there that don't?

He's a horrible fella. But he seems to have everything (except maybe a nice down to earth personality that endears him to people.)

Here is the PFA team:

Kenny (QPR), Naughton (Leicester), Harte (Reading), Williams (Swansea), Morgan (Nottm Forest), Taarabt (QPR), Sinclair (Swansea), King (Leicester), Hoolahan (Norwich), Graham (Watford), Holt (Norwich).

Well at least the five I mentioned are all in there I suppose.

Here is the PFA team:

Kenny (QPR), Naughton (Leicester), Harte (Reading), Williams (Swansea), Morgan (Nottm Forest), Taarabt (QPR), Sinclair (Swansea), King (Leicester), Hoolahan (Norwich), Graham (Watford), Holt (Norwich).

PFA don't share Plan B's view on the season then....well expect Taarabt

Fielding

Brayford Barker L. Chambers Joe Mattock

Bailey Surman

Cywka Tarrabt Ward

Wickham

Subs: Schmeichel, McNaughton, Whittingham, P.Anderson, Bannan, Gallagher, Fryatt

Archived