premier league players out of contract

aussie_ram

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a lot of good players on this list, some of whom will be given new contracts by their clubs, and others who will interest other Premiership clubs. I doubt whether we will be able to match the wages offerred. The way forward has to be trying to sign players aged 20-25 who will stay at the club for 5 years and develop. However what concerns me is the lack of contacts and scouting set up which the club management appears to have. We are not going to progress if our signings are restricted just to those who have played for or impressed against Burton Albion. Similarly we need to be getting good players into the academy which doesnt seem to be happening as none of them ever seem to be in contention for a game no matter how many injuries we have.

There are a lot of good players on this list, some of whom will be given new contracts by their clubs, and others who will interest other Premiership clubs. I doubt whether we will be able to match the wages offerred. The way forward has to be trying to sign players aged 20-25 who will stay at the club for 5 years and develop. However what concerns me is the lack of contacts and scouting set up which the club management appears to have. We are not going to progress if our signings are restricted just to those who have played for or impressed against Burton Albion. Similarly we need to be getting good players into the academy which doesnt seem to be happening as none of them ever seem to be in contention for a game no matter how many injuries we have.

Taking into account the fact we could possibly pay more than the who they currently play for, I'd say

Michael Kightly

Jlloyd Samuel

Tamir Cohen

Joey O’Brien

Ricardo Gardner

Jordon Mutch

are realistic targets. The rest will either be given improved contracts where they are or have offers from better clubs. it could be argued that any of these could be worth a gamble for middle to lower tier Prem sides or teams within the Championship who, arguably, are a more attractive proposition than us.

As much as I'd like to think we could attract players like

Lee Bowyer

James McFadden

Nigel Reo-Coker

John Carew

Benjani Mwaruwari

Johan Elmander

Diomansy Kamara

Ricardo Fuller

we'll be signing steady Eddy Championship journeymen after one last pay day or prospects from League 1 & 2. Pretty much what we're doing now but we'll have the ability to pay a little more for them and not rely so much on loans...

some of the names being mentioned are incredible, just because they're out of contract doesn't mean they're not wanted, players like Seb and McFadden are running down their contract by choice, they're key players in the birmingham squad.. if Mutch is out of contract (still) I would love to see us go in for him, was brilliant for watford.

I also don't think there is anyone on the Blackpool list which is unrealistic if they're relegated, since their wage cap is very low... some of their players might get moves elsewhere however, Gary Taylor-Fletcher would be a very possible signing, I'd care to bet on him being on less than half our squad.

have I missed something? - as far as I am aware, we've stated that we're after experienced championship level players and that free transfers are seen as better value than paying large fees - where did we say we'd be trying to pick up PL players? I doubt that we'll get anyone from the Prem unless they are from one of the relegated teams or coming to the end of their careers and after a longer contract than they can get at a higher level (so Bowyer/Phillips may fit the bill, but would blow our wage structure to pieces.....) - the distinction that Glick made this year over the last couple of seasons is that they've recognised we need more championship experience so we won't be going exclusively for lower league players - you can dream all you want about Reo-coker, Larsson or Carew - it ain't going to happen.....

I love ***** like this, my short list for Tommy would be:

Jordon Mutch - will stay in prem

David Murphy - would be excellent and doable

Joey O'Brien - same again

Zoltan Gera - big money and will stay in prem

Danny Murphy - same again

Kazenga Lua Lua - not seen him play

Ricardo Fuller - big money and will stay in the prem

Simon Cox - would be excellent buy and just about doable

Stephen Caldwell - need someone with more pace

David Jones - would be excellent buy and just about doable

Michael Knightly - [olves will re-sign him free from injury, so if he's available a basic salary, plus pay as you play gamble

Some ppl have taken my list as an insult to there family name or somethig, jesus it's just a list, men love list's! I willl make it a little more realistic for you all so not as many ppl take offence!!!

Could afford and would join if offered right deal!

David Murphy

Joey O'Brien

Could afford and would join as long as no other clubs came in.Kazenga Lua Lua

Simon Cox

David Jones

Stephen Caldwell

Could get, but clubs that are in prem would be interested, reducing our chance's

Jordon Mutch

Michael Knightly

I dont see any reason why we couldn't get 1 out of the ones below, make him out "best player" "saviour of Derby"

Zoltan Gera -

Danny Murphy -

Ricardo Fuller -

Some ppl have taken my list as an insult to there family name or somethig, jesus it's just a list, men love list's! I willl make it a little more realistic for you all so not as many ppl take offence!!!

David Murphy

Joey O'Brien

Simon Cox

David Jones

Stephen Caldwell

Could get, but clubs that are in prem would be interested, reducing our chance's

Jordon Mutch

Michael Knightly

I dont see any reason why we couldn't get 1 out of the ones below, make him out "best player" "saviour of Derby"

Zoltan Gera -

Danny Murphy -

Ricardo Fuller -

David Murphy

Joey O'Brien

Simon Cox

David Jones

Stephen Caldwell

Jordon Mutch

Michael Knightly

Zoltan Gera -

Danny Murphy -

Ricardo Fuller -

Archived