Who can fill in

Stimacked

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont like the idea of one replacement causing 3 or 4 positional changes. Would just prefer a left sided player at left back -Pearson or Pringle. When Brayford played left back before he struggled. We bacame so distracted sorting out the golakeeper mess with loans that we have failed to cover or improve other positions.

This seems to be pretty starightforward;

So yes, Pearson as LB

Bailey back in Midfield...........job done!!

So it doesn't seem that bad an issue.......Or am I missing something??

If the defence is 'tinkered' with (again:rolleyes:) Then I will be even more disgusted with the management of our players. It just seems to be a no-brainer...........Doesn't it???

This seems to be pretty starightforward;

So yes, Pearson as LB

Bailey back in Midfield...........job done!!

So it doesn't seem that bad an issue.......Or am I missing something??

If the defence is 'tinkered' with (again:rolleyes:) Then I will be even more disgusted with the management of our players. It just seems to be a no-brainer...........Doesn't it???

I agree with you but as we've seen in the past we don't tend to do the most simple or obvious thing.

It'll be bloody amazing if we've had to endure Pearson in midfield for so long and now he might actually be of some use we choose to play Brayford LB and someone else out of position RB.

Leave Brayford where he is, in his natural position. And for once Pearson should start.

I really can see Nigel playing a RB at LB and a CM or CB at RB.

like CLough but his team selections are mad.

in that case.....Pearson at RB , Brayford at LB, Leacock in midfield? ...maybe wide left ??

Possibly!! :D

I'll guess at Anderson RB, Barker and Ayala, Brayford LB. 2 players out of position instead of making it just one. And Anderson to be exposed.

We finished on Sat with Ayala right back, Anderson and Addison centre backs and Brayford left back. I wouldn't necessarily describe Brayford at left back as being out of position, some teams do play with wrong footed full backs and wrong footed wingers, so it can sometimes help.

Having said that I didn't think Ayala looked too happy at being pushed over to right back.

We finished on Sat with Ayala right back, Anderson and Addison centre backs and Brayford left back. I wouldn't necessarily describe Brayford at left back as being out of position, some teams do play with wrong footed full backs and wrong footed wingers, so it can sometimes help.

Having said that I didn't think Ayala looked too happy at being pushed over to right back.

Exactly.

Brayford will be fine cover at LB. But at best he'll only be as good there as he is at RB. So why not play him at RB?

Meanwhile, if Nigel is going to play someone out of position why not just put that person at LB? Then at least we can be sure to get the best out of Brayford.

Ayala out of position at RB can only be as bad as Ayala out of position at LB surely? And he 'll be getting the ball on his unfavoured left side just like Brayford would.

Nigel's team selections are crazy. As bad as Rafa. His tinkering isn't helping at all.

There's a lot of things to like about Nigel Clough. But his team selections are one thing i HATE.

A thousand Derby fans don't know half of what Nigel knows about our players. But a thousand Derby fans would probably pick the same players. And seeing as Nigel's tinkering hasn't really pulled off. Maybe he should pick the obvious team once in a while. His selection suprises are giving me head ache. What does he see that 25,000 people dont?

He was the only man in Derby that didn't see what Kuqi offered.

A lot must happen at Moor Farm for Nigel to see something most Derby fans don't.

Exactly.

Brayford will be fine cover at LB. But at best he'll only be as good there as he is at RB. So why not play him at RB?

Meanwhile, if Nigel is going to play someone out of position why not just put that person at LB? Then at least we can be sure to get the best out of Brayford.

Ayala out of position at RB can only be as bad as Ayala out of position at LB surely? And he 'll be getting the ball on his unfavoured left side just like Brayford would.

Nigel's team selections are crazy. As bad as Rafa. His tinkering isn't helping at all.

There's a lot of things to like about Nigel Clough. But his team selections are one thing i HATE.

A thousand Derby fans don't know half of what Nigel knows about our players. But a thousand Derby fans would probably pick the same players. And seeing as Nigel's tinkering hasn't really pulled off. Maybe he should pick the obvious team once in a while. His selection suprises are giving me head ache. What does he see that 25,000 people dont?

He was the only man in Derby that didn't see what Kuqi offered.

A lot must happen at Moor Farm for Nigel to see something most Derby fans don't.

I don't think it was that Nigel didn't see anything in Kuqi, I think he knew he was going back as we couldn't afford his wages so thought we might as well give Luke Moore a go as he was expecting we may keep him longer

It's simple really, need to borrow the Jimbo Smith formation book for this one.

Jones

Ayala -- Barker -- Addison

Brayford--------------------------Pearson

Bailey ------ Savage

Bueno

Davies ----------Ward

I'll get UttoxRam to email it to his mate Glick

It's simple really, need to borrow the Jimbo Smith formation book for this one.

Jones

Ayala -- Barker -- Addison

Brayford--------------------------Pearson

Bailey ------ Savage

Bueno

Davies ----------Ward

I'll get UttoxRam to email it to his mate Glick

Don't think that NC will go for it, but I agree with you ...

The alternative back three being Ayala-Anderson.Addison

The three "A"migo's :D

I don't think it was that Nigel didn't see anything in Kuqi, I think he knew he was going back as we couldn't afford his wages so thought we might as well give Luke Moore a go as he was expecting we may keep him longer

What are you basing that on, other than a love of Nigel? You have anything to show that says wages was the issue other than a belief?

Archived