Who can fill in

Stimacked

for Green and Roberts.

Sounds like they are certainly out for the season now. No more loans allowed.

Bailey can now come back into the midfield for Green. Maybe Addison or Anderson will be playing centre back and Ayala will be put in as left back?

Pringle and Pearson have both been put in as left back, but this is a crucial period in the clubs history and we could really suffer for these injuries. Aaron Cole (usually a forward) has played a few reserve games at left back. Doubt Buxton is fit enough to play yet. Green getting injured removes the option of having Brayford switch to left back. There is the physio who has played for the reserves I think, he is about 37, he has played at right back, uh oh.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first thought was Pearson or Pringle to left back, Bailey in midfield.

Would prefer that to any of the other options you have given to be honest

I agree that Pringle and Bailey are the best options to replace Roberts and Green. Scandalous that we never had a second choice right back all season and sold Moxey in the Jan sales and have not covered either position with the loan system. Utter incompetence which might come back to bite us!

This may see a return of an old formation from the 1990's I believe. Why not go

Ayala, Barker and Addison as the back three defenders

Brayford and Pearson attacking wing backs

Cywka, Bueno/Savage and Bailey as the midfield three

Ward/Bueno and Davies up front

this way you not relying on wings backs and we have Brayford and Pearson as attacking wing backs with a solid back three. We then free cywka and bailey in the middle. I would play Bueno in the middle of these two as the catalyst for moves.

I am not too worried as I think we have people free to play in different roles.

This may see a return of an old formation from the 1990's I believe. Why not go

Ayala, Barker and Addison as the back three defenders

Brayford and Pearson attacking wing backs

Cywka, Bueno/Savage and Bailey as the midfield three

Ward/Bueno and Davies up front

this way you not relying on wings backs and we have Brayford and Pearson as attacking wing backs with a solid back three. We then free cywka and bailey in the middle. I would play Bueno in the middle of these two as the catalyst for moves.

I am not too worried as I think we have people free to play in different roles.

could do.....Pearson would be my choice for left back

but NC has suggested that Brayford will move across

I'd slot Pearson in at LB. Rather that than play 2 players out of position, but we seem to like players in the wrong position so Ward will probably be RB, Brayford CB and Bailey LB. It won't be that bad but imagine Brayford will move across and a midfielder will be put at RB, even though Leacock can play there.

I'd slot Pearson in at LB. Rather that than play 2 players out of position, but we seem to like players in the wrong position so Ward will probably be RB, Brayford CB and Bailey LB. It won't be that bad but imagine Brayford will move across and a midfielder will be put at RB, even though Leacock can play there.

he couldn't against forest

I think Rotherham's three at the back formation would be the best answer, but Nigel said in his post match interview on Saturday that Brayford would move to left back. I think that will mean that Anderson will come in at centre back with Ayala moving accross. Of course Mr Dalgleish might have some objection in which case it will be Ayala in the centre and Anderson at right back.

The big problem is who will come in for Anderson when he breaks down.

Leacock can play right back, mind you after his last effort there maybe not. Green has been playing right mid so plenty of options, Cywka is coming back, super ben davies or ward can play that side as well. I'm sure we can sort it with brayford and ayala moving to full back with addison or anderson back at centre half. Good footballing decision to get rid of moxey by Clough.

When Green went off Ward went in the right, Pearson left and Bailey in the middle with Sav.

It's just the defence that will need sorting out, can't understand why we would move Brayford accross as that would weaken both sides.

So you think Roberts is a better left back than Brayford? ;)

for Green and Roberts.

Sounds like they are certainly out for the season now. No more loans allowed.

Bailey can now come back into the midfield for Green. Maybe Addison or Anderson will be playing centre back and Ayala will be put in as left back?

Pringle and Pearson have both been put in as left back, but this is a crucial period in the clubs history and we could really suffer for these injuries. Aaron Cole (usually a forward) has played a few reserve games at left back. Doubt Buxton is fit enough to play yet. Green getting injured removes the option of having Brayford switch to left back. There is the physio who has played for the reserves I think, he is about 37, he has played at right back, uh oh.

My gandad can fill in for Roberts. He only has 1 leg and he doesn't really like football, he's 94 and also has some problems with his heart. But he is a superior player in every way.

Archived