England v Ghana

froggg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, fantastic game, especially for a friendly. 1-1 definitely a fair result.

Not entirely sure how Downing ended up getting MOTM though, beyond his involvement with the goal I thought he was pretty poor. Likewise, Lescott, why do we persist with him, he's sh1te!? :rolleyes:

Not entirely sure how Downing ended up getting MOTM though, beyond his involvement with the goal I thought he was pretty poor. Likewise, Lescott, why do we persist with him, he's sh1te!? :rolleyes:

Also very dodgy haircut:D

Yeah, but none of it was created by Barry. Reminds me of Savage, only slightly, slightly quicker.

Downing impressed me.....especially his pace, never realised how fast he was.

I'd go with

------------Hart-----------

Johnson---Terry---Dawson---Cole

-----Gerrard---Parker---Wilshere

-----Young----Bent------Downing

Need a decent Rb desperately though. Rooney needs to be dropped.

Totally agree staffy apart from downing having a poor game, he wasn't MOM though! As for lescott he is becoming like carragher, decent premier player but no where near good enough for England, hope he never plays again. Gyan tore him a new 1!! Wonder if he plays for city against Sunderland on Sunday?

Yeah, but none of it was created by Barry. Reminds me of Savage, only slightly, slightly quicker.

Downing impressed me.....especially his pace, never realised how fast he was.

I'd go with

------------Hart-----------

Johnson---Terry---Dawson---Cole

-----Gerrard---Parker---Wilshere

-----Young----Bent------Downing

Need a decent Rb desperately though. Rooney needs to be dropped.

True. For too long the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Ferdinand seem to have been season ticket holders.

I'd have:

--------------------Hart--------------------

Johnson-------Terry----Jagielka---------Cole

---------Lampard---------Parker------------

------------------Wilshere------------------

Milner--------------------------------Young

-------------------Bent--------------------

As for RB, John Brayford in a few years?

True. For too long the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Ferdinand seem to have been season ticket holders.

I'd have:

--------------------Hart--------------------

Johnson-------Terry----Jagielka---------Cole

---------Lampard---------Parker------------

------------------Wilshere------------------

Milner--------------------------------Young

-------------------Bent--------------------

As for RB, John Brayford in a few years?

Not knocking you, but that team looks sh*te.. England are currently going through a rut, we have a complete lack of world class players.. And the only 3 that I think we have, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney all don't perform for England, because they're not guided by their more influential foreign team-mates..

In Europe alone, we're lightyears away from Spain and Germany.. And we're easily behind Holland.. I think France are slightly better than us, and roughly we're at the same level as Italy and Portugal.. But we're still easily likely to slip up against the likes of Russia or Croatia should we face them.

Spain and Germany have got brilliant youngsters and a brand of football much better than ours.. People think we turned a corner against Wales when infact we played probably the poorest Welsh team in the past 2 decades and it was a game that someone like Bulgaria or Slovakia would expect to win.

Not knocking you, but that team looks sh*te.. England are currently going through a rut, we have a complete lack of world class players.. And the only 3 that I think we have, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney all don't perform for England, because they're not guided by their more influential foreign team-mates..

In Europe alone, we're lightyears away from Spain and Germany.. And we're easily behind Holland.. I think France are slightly better than us, and roughly we're at the same level as Italy and Portugal.. But we're still easily likely to slip up against the likes of Russia or Croatia should we face them.

Spain and Germany have got brilliant youngsters and a brand of football much better than ours.. People think we turned a corner against Wales when infact we played probably the poorest Welsh team in the past 2 decades and it was a game that someone like Bulgaria or Slovakia would expect to win.

I agree. A very good summary of where England stand imo.

Wilshere looks a very complete footballer. Capable of playing on the same stage as Xavi (the best midfielder on the planet for the past 3 years or so imo) and Fabregas and Iniesta and Xabi Alonso...... such a cultured and reliable all round technical footballer you can build a team around. I'd add him as World class. If being World class was an exam then Wilshere pass at the Arsenal v Barca game. Far better than Lampard and needs none of the foreign influence.

As for the Wales game..... well it's quite amusing. Sure Wales might register on Englands football radar but like you said, to Bulgaria, Slovenia and Slovakia's of this world they are very beatable. A pretty poor set up for years now under poor management. For England to start measuring their place in world football on the back of that victory is deja vu to how they'd tear apart a sub standard Denmark (as an eg) in the build up to a WC. Convinced they've upped their level.

Throwing names into the hat and declaring them world class is commonplace for England. Lampard for example should never be compared to Xavi.

Technically, England are a million miles from the World Cup. Wilshere is at last a breathe of fresh air for fans who are well aware of where England really are.

imo

I agree. A very good summary of where England stand imo.

Wilshere looks a very complete footballer. Capable of playing on the same stage as Xavi (the best midfielder on the planet for the past 3 years or so imo) and Fabregas and Iniesta and Xabi Alonso...... such a cultured and reliable all round technical footballer you can build a team around. I'd add him as World class. If being World class was an exam then Wilshere pass at the Arsenal v Barca game. Far better than Lampard and needs none of the foreign influence.

As for the Wales game..... well it's quite amusing. Sure Wales might register on Englands football radar but like you said, to Bulgaria, Slovenia and Slovakia's of this world they are very beatable. A pretty poor set up for years now under poor management. For England to start measuring their place in world football on the back of that victory is deja vu to how they'd tear apart a sub standard Denmark (as an eg) in the build up to a WC. Convinced they've upped their level.

Throwing names into the hat and declaring them world class is commonplace for England. Lampard for example should never be compared to Xavi.

Technically, England are a million miles from the World Cup. Wilshere is at last a breathe of fresh air for fans who are well aware of where England really are.

imo

Agreed..........;)

what odds are engerrrland for the euro championship:confused::confused::D

Archived