England v Ghana

froggg

I don't think Wilshire is World Class yet.. He needs to add more to his game, he's not in the same league as World Class players in terms of goals scored and assists.. He had a good game at home to Barca, but did nothing at The Nou Camp.

Remember he's come a very long way for Arsenal, but the PL this season isn't the best to measure by as IMO the top clubs have been as poor as they have for a long time.. He stands out because quite frankly IMO there's a huge lack of World Class midfielders in the PL.. Fabregas, Essien, Gerrard, Lampard and Wilshire are probably the top 5. (Special mentions to Modric and Meireles, who could be classified as better than Lampard and Gerrard, it's open for debate.)

But don't get me wrong, I think he will be a brilliant player one day, world class even, and will be the best player England have had since Gascoigne. Can you call Rooney technically gifted? Anyway, delighted we have someone that at least plays the type of football we can be proud of.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not knocking you, but that team looks sh*te.. England are currently going through a rut, we have a complete lack of world class players.. And the only 3 that I think we have, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney all don't perform for England, because they're not guided by their more influential foreign team-mates..

In Europe alone, we're lightyears away from Spain and Germany.. And we're easily behind Holland.. I think France are slightly better than us, and roughly we're at the same level as Italy and Portugal.. But we're still easily likely to slip up against the likes of Russia or Croatia should we face them.

Spain and Germany have got brilliant youngsters and a brand of football much better than ours.. People think we turned a corner against Wales when infact we played probably the poorest Welsh team in the past 2 decades and it was a game that someone like Bulgaria or Slovakia would expect to win.

This post puts England into perspective and so does the team I posted.

The early noughties were the last decent England team and for some reason they went 'past it' after 2004 but I can't explain that.

In 2006 and 2010 we somehow justifiably deluded ourselves into thinking we could compete with Spain and Germany when really we are miles behind.

England needs a rebuild and that team I put up would be, in my opinion, the best way to lay the first foundations.

True. For too long the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Ferdinand seem to have been season ticket holders.

I'd have:

--------------------Hart--------------------

Johnson-------Terry----Jagielka---------Cole

---------Lampard---------Parker------------

------------------Wilshere------------------

Milner--------------------------------Young

-------------------Bent--------------------

As for RB, John Brayford in a few years?

get Jagielka out of there, stick in Dawson. Milner swaps with Lampard and stick Rooney out on the right of the front three and you have my team

Archived