Rams post latest accounts

admira

Great stuff Ramblur looking into all this. And it seems like good news too. Been a good week off the field for the Rams. Let's just hope we don't get relegated now!

Thanks-whilst I'm in a better frame of mind than before there are still niggling doubts.There's no indication as to whether this year's £5.6m is pure equity,or whether loan capital is involved (and if so what the term of the loan is).It would appear that the £1.7m was repaid/repayable inside 1 year-whilst it counts as money invested,it's not rock solid permanent investment.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramblur - Posted this last night but it didn't appear or it got deleted.

I did some quick maths and worked out that the average price for tickets worked out about £10.40 based ona 27k average. That seemed a bit low? I thought we would be looking at £13 or so. (Adults, Kids, Season Tickets etc)

That for me shows that there were a lot of discounted tickets out there?

Any thoughts on that?

Ramblur - Posted this last night but it didn't appear or it got deleted.

I did some quick maths and worked out that the average price for tickets worked out about £10.40 based ona 27k average. That seemed a bit low? I thought we would be looking at £13 or so. (Adults, Kids, Season Tickets etc)

That for me shows that there were a lot of discounted tickets out there?

Any thoughts on that?

If there were 1500 freebies per game then the average ticket price becomes £11. To get to £12 then you would need 3,500 freebies per game including free kids season tickets.

Ramblur, if you had to sum these accounts up in one sentence what would you say?

Are you like me and get a bit of a headache with all the above and would like a simple summary of it all.......and it has to be simple for me to get it, accounting is not my forte.....not sure what is.

Are you like me and get a bit of a headache with all the above and would like a simple summary of it all.......and it has to be simple for me to get it, accounting is not my forte.....not sure what is.

No, I'm actually an accountant myself but have not seen the accounts yet! If Ramblur gives a positive assessment then there is not much point in spending time looking at them though.

No, I'm actually an accountant myself but have not seen the accounts yet! If Ramblur gives a positive assessment then there is not much point in spending time looking at them though.

Haha......And as an accountant, The last thing you wanna do when you get on this forum is crunch yet more numbers I guess! :D

Oh I see, so just laziness then...ha ha.

Sorry fella, ok can I have a summary from someone due to my lack of understanding?

I'm in the same boat as you pal. Not sure if we're looking great financially or how much we could off-set for transfers....How much our wages could rise without disrupting the finances too much and making us skint again blah blah blah :confused:

Oh I see, so just laziness then...ha ha.

Sorry fella, ok can I have a summary from someone due to my lack of understanding?

Without seeing accounts can't really say anything but from what I have read it looks like we are on a sounds financial footing.

External debt reduction complete I would imagine as there is no point in paying off mortgage due to favourable interest rate.

Profit or loss situation is pretty irrelevant from our point of view, more important whether we are generating cash or not.

Only thing which sounds puzzling was that we spent more on buying players than we got income for selling players.

As I said not seen accounts so just going from what I have heard or seen, sure if I am wrong someone will put me right.

I'm in the same boat as you pal. Not sure if we're looking great financially or how much we could off-set for transfers....How much our wages could rise without disrupting the finances too much and making us skint again blah blah blah :confused:

Hard to guess at this sort of thing because the accounts only go up to June 2010.

Not seen any other clubs accounts from our division but doubt there would be many as financially stable as us but may be wrong.

Looks like wage bill is very much under control. Hulse and Commons are two big earners who have left since these accounts were prepared. If Bywater, Leacock and Savage all go in the summer I would guess thats another £1-£2million of the wage bill.

T

Hard to guess at this sort of thing because the accounts only go up to June 2010.

Not seen any other clubs accounts from our division but doubt there would be many as financially stable as us but may be wrong.

Looks like wage bill is very much under control. Hulse and Commons are two big earners who have left since these accounts were prepared. If Bywater, Leacock and Savage all go in the summer I would guess thats another £1-£2million of the wage bill.

T

Cheers G STAR!

Yeah let's hope we really do make some big strides from here.......Bywater, Leacock and Savage are all unrequired and prob can be replaced by 4 decent players we actually need without hurting the wages. This does look rather promising!! :D

Cheers G STAR!

Yeah let's hope we really do make some big strides from here.......Bywater, Leacock and Savage are all unrequired and prob can be replaced by 4 decent players we actually need without hurting the wages. This does look rather promising!! :D

As I said don't take what I say as fact because I am only going on what I have heard.

Think we would be able to get more than 4 decent players with the money that them 3 must be earning.

The main problem with analysing accounts is that it is very historical information, due to the fact that they don't have to be filed until 9 months after a year end, so some of the information in a set of accounts can be up to 21 months old.

Would be much better for GSE to provide us with a set of their budgets and cash flow projections which show how the business intends to operate in the future!

As a betting man though I wouldn't be in any major rush to put money on this happening!

Has Glick actually stated anywhere what our net transfer budget is? I know this is a dangerous game because teams can then hold you to ransom but would be nice to know what sort of figures we are dealing with.

If there were 1500 freebies per game then the average ticket price becomes £11. To get to £12 then you would need 3,500 freebies per game including free kids season tickets.

When you have worked out these guesses have you taken into account that the match receipts are net of VAT? So if for example the club actually received £6m the actual amount paid out by fans would be £7.05m (based on 17.5% vat)

When you have worked out these guesses have you taken into account that the match receipts are net of VAT? So if for example the club actually received £6m the actual amount paid out by fans would be £7.05m (based on 17.5% vat)

Probably a silly question here but how are tickets for away fans treated, does anyone know?

Well the home team get all of the receipts from tickets for away teams, if that is what you mean.

The exception to this is cup games where the revenues after expenses are shared equally (less a %age to the competition organisers). The club will only report on the money that they have received so the match receipts will include any income from away cup games - hence why in the previous year the figure was over £1m more as we had the 3 Man U games & the 2 FA cup games v Forest.

Archived