Cardiff City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My glass is half empty on this one - we rarely do well against Cardiff (not counting the win last year, last game, when we player their reserves!).

2-0 to Cardiff.

Still with that crap???

That team was full of players trying for a place at wembley and for a chance to break into the first team. 'We playd their reserves & they weren't trying' is a load of b*ll*cks

Still with that crap???

That team was full of players trying for a place at wembley and for a chance to break into the first team. 'We playd their reserves & they weren't trying' is a load of b*ll*cks

It's common knowledge that they go easy on the last game of the season is they're already garaunteed a playoff spot..

Cardiff had a mix of reserves, and the first teamers that did play, would have done anything not to be injured, ie. not chasing lost causes, not going into 50/50s etc.

When we made the playoffs under GB we were already there with 2 or 3 games remaining, we got tonked 6-2 at Coventry (I was there) and we played a virtual complete reserve team (No Idiakez, Rasiak, Bisgaard etc.).. And our last game of the season against Preston was a game of 2 teams not going for it, not risking any injuries and was sort of a casual warm up to the 2 playoff games, obviously against them! It wouldn't have suprised me if GB and BD had some sort of agreement before the game to go easy on eachother as the result was irrelevant, we were destined to finish 4th and 5th no matter what..

It's common knowledge that they go easy on the last game of the season is they're already garaunteed a playoff spot..

Cardiff had a mix of reserves, and the first teamers that did play, would have done anything not to be injured, ie. not chasing lost causes, not going into 50/50s etc.

When we made the playoffs under GB we were already there with 2 or 3 games remaining, we got tonked 6-2 at Coventry (I was there) and we played a virtual complete reserve team (No Idiakez, Rasiak, Bisgaard etc.).. And our last game of the season against Preston was a game of 2 teams not going for it, not risking any injuries and was sort of a casual warm up to the 2 playoff games, obviously against them! It wouldn't have suprised me if GB and BD had some sort of agreement before the game to go easy on eachother as the result was irrelevant, we were destined to finish 4th and 5th no matter what..

Just so we are clear I wasn't knocking him lol. They should of tried harder to further their career. That player that has got 8 month in prison played that game did he?

We needed a win against Preston to guarantee a place in the play-offs, so how can you say when we played Cov we were already in the play-offs?

Also did we go easy on Leeds when we were guaranteed 3rd place and had a team full of fringe players?

We needed a win against Preston to guarantee a place in the play-offs, so how can you say when we played Cov we were already in the play-offs?

Also did we go easy on Leeds when we were guaranteed 3rd place and had a team full of fringe players?

So your saying the Cardiff team that played that day were trying?

So your saying the Cardiff team that played that day were trying?

I was questioning the statement "it's common knowledge that they go easy in the last game of the season when a play-off position is guaranteed"

I didn't see the game but to suggest players who are wanting to help their team get promoted were not trying is wide of the mark.

The club had no need for the win but the players should of to further their careers.

The club had no need for the win but the players should of to further their careers.

I was agreeing with you. I was refering to players playing well and getting selected for the semi and the final, like Seth Johnson did against Leeds for us!

I was agreeing with you. I was refering to players playing well and getting selected for the semi and the final, like Seth Johnson did against Leeds for us!

I know pal. Good thing that the people that think otherwise aren't pro footballers. Bet they were dying to be picked for the playoff at wembley lol.

1-1 (Bellamy 64, Ward 22)

Derby take early(ish) lead after settling into the game well and playing with an increased confidence/pride. Cardiff outplay Derby second half tho and thanks to some wasteful finishing, Can't find the 3 points they need. Derby take the point!! :D

2-2 , Chopra , Bellamy ,,, Bueno & Pearson

Thought Chopra was out?? Bothroyd too?

There was an article the other day about John Parkin probably lining up along side Bellamy in their next game...

I'm going for a 0-0. They pepper our net for the last half an hour but, for once, we hold out!

Archived