Who would you keep for next Season?

The Suit

Just been thinking about the comment from Nigel about needing 6 new players , from that I would like to hear opinion on who you would keep from the current squad , assuming those below us are worse than us in the run in and we stay up.

Im not sure I can get to 5 to keep hold of to make up a starting eleven.

But possibly here goes.

Fielding - Yes - even though he's on loan I hope he is not counted as one of the 6 new faces

Barker - Yes , though he is not as good as Clough thinks he is , still a good Championship C/Half when fit (And I do mean fit not semi injured all the time)

Brayford Yes - has shown enough when played in the correct position even though he gives the ball away to often

Ayala - Undecided - not sure he would come here perm anyway

Buxton - No - Not good enough at this level

Anderson - No - Cant rely on sicknote players in a small squad

Roberts - No - Not Good Enough

Leacock- Unsure , I thought 3 years ago he was our best player but has not performed under Jewell or Clough - open to opinion

Green - No - He has gone backwards ever since he joined us , not half the player he was and is almost as bad as Pearson - Yes that Bad

Pearson - Please tell me one season ticket holder (Who is not partially Sighted) who thinks he should stay No No No

Cywka - Yes , despite his mauling from Nigel I think he has shown enough to stay

Robbie - Gone anyway and good riddance , has had 10 good games for us and 10x that bad for the money we paid for him and the money we paid him a poor signing , though i actually like the guy.

Pringle - undecided , he might be a better squad player in a better team but miles away from Championship quality at the moment , never a starting player

Addison - Yes , saw enough good things from him pre injury to hold on

Davies (B) Yes - Based only upon the testamony of a lifelong Notts County Season Ticket Holder who I work with , nothing at all he has done at Derby

Davies (S) No - Has proved a nightmare signing never fit and never plays up to the expectations the management have of him , was never prolific at Tranmere and never will be

Martin - No (No comment required)

Croft - No - Fatter than me and Never looked fit , another poor signing

Doyle - Possibly , might look good in a better side

Bailey - Yes , the less attractive of the Brayford/Bailey deal but I think he has enough at this level

Porter - No , I have sympathy for him being played as a target man and he is not that animal , but cant ever see him scoring 15-20 a season and thats always my benchmark for a striker , cost £400k and looks like it - (But then so did Commons , now im contradicting myself or was Commons worth more?)

Robinson - To early to tell - Not good enough for Millwall , will have to do a lot in the last games of the season to convince me

Ward - To Early to Tell - See above replace Millwall with Sheffield

Bueno - Will be glad to get back to warmer climes im sure , half the player he was in September and no doubt damaged by his loan with us

Did I manage to get to five Yes? , Ive missed out some lesser names on purpose because I want a starting eleven , please comment and see if any of you Rams Fans can get to five Yes's , Good Luck

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green - No - He has gone backwards ever since he joined us , not half the player he was and is almost as bad as

What???? He played Championship football for the last three seasons (including this one) with Derby, the highest level he ever played and become a interional player in the process, so gone backwards????? :confused:

Can't really answer it until we know what division we will be playing in next season, now I'm not splilling blood in this thread but I fear the genuine possibility of relegation with the current form.

Say the worst did happen and we went down we'd still have those that still expect big name Premiership signings because we are Derby County after all, back in the real world would you be against keeping the likes of Buxton in the squad on a 1 year deal?

Would the likes of Green, Leacock, Cywka, Ward and even maybe Addison want to jump ship?

Personally I think it's a question better asked in the Summer not in the middle of a relegation battle.

KEEP

John Brayford

GET RID

Shaun Barker

Theo Robinson

Tomasz Cywka

Miles Addison

Frank Fielding

Daniel Ayala

Stephen Pearson

Steve Davies

Alberto Bueno

Matt Duke

Paul Green

Robbie Savage

Ben Davies

Jamie Ward

Chris Porter

Conor Doyle

Jake Buxton

Michael Boulding

Lee Croft

Dean Leacock

James Bailey

Gareth Roberts

Russell Anderson

Saul Deeney

Stephen Bywater

Ben Pringle

David Martin

Luke Varney

:mad:

Just been thinking about the comment from Nigel about needing 6 new players , from that I would like to hear opinion on who you would keep from the current squad , assuming those below us are worse than us in the run in and we stay up.

Im not sure I can get to 5 to keep hold of to make up a starting eleven.

But possibly here goes.

Fielding - Yes - even though he's on loan I hope he is not counted as one of the 6 new faces

Barker - Yes , though he is not as good as Clough thinks he is , still a good Championship C/Half when fit (And I do mean fit not semi injured all the time)

Brayford Yes - has shown enough when played in the correct position even though he gives the ball away to often

Ayala - Undecided - not sure he would come here perm anyway

Buxton - No - Not good enough at this level

Anderson - No - Cant rely on sicknote players in a small squad

Roberts - No - Not Good Enough

Leacock- Unsure , I thought 3 years ago he was our best player but has not performed under Jewell or Clough - open to opinion

Green - No - He has gone backwards ever since he joined us , not half the player he was and is almost as bad as Pearson - Yes that Bad

Pearson - Please tell me one season ticket holder (Who is not partially Sighted) who thinks he should stay No No No

Cywka - Yes , despite his mauling from Nigel I think he has shown enough to stay

Robbie - Gone anyway and good riddance , has had 10 good games for us and 10x that bad for the money we paid for him and the money we paid him a poor signing , though i actually like the guy.

Pringle - undecided , he might be a better squad player in a better team but miles away from Championship quality at the moment , never a starting player

Addison - Yes , saw enough good things from him pre injury to hold on

Davies (B) Yes - Based only upon the testamony of a lifelong Notts County Season Ticket Holder who I work with , nothing at all he has done at Derby

Davies (S) No - Has proved a nightmare signing never fit and never plays up to the expectations the management have of him , was never prolific at Tranmere and never will be

Martin - No (No comment required)

Croft - No - Fatter than me and Never looked fit , another poor signing

Doyle - Possibly , might look good in a better side

Bailey - Yes , the less attractive of the Brayford/Bailey deal but I think he has enough at this level

Porter - No , I have sympathy for him being played as a target man and he is not that animal , but cant ever see him scoring 15-20 a season and thats always my benchmark for a striker , cost £400k and looks like it - (But then so did Commons , now im contradicting myself or was Commons worth more?)

Robinson - To early to tell - Not good enough for Millwall , will have to do a lot in the last games of the season to convince me

Ward - To Early to Tell - See above replace Millwall with Sheffield

Bueno - Will be glad to get back to warmer climes im sure , half the player he was in September and no doubt damaged by his loan with usDid I manage to get to five Yes? , Ive missed out some lesser names on purpose because I want a starting eleven , please comment and see if any of you Rams Fans can get to five Yes's , Good Luck

Good read until this but mate. Bueno not damaged here. He was sent here I think to toughen up a bit. He has the skill and the first couple of months here which conincide with the run was great. No one knew how to play him. Wigan were interested. Then Championship clubs cottoned on how to play him and that is to get tight to him and hit him hard in first couple of tackles. He is lighweight in contact and once hit he is out of the game. His bad form started at Millwall who are not known for letting players have the ball and quite a big rough team. Then Burnley clocked him in 23mins and he comes off with a hamstring injury. Since then he shies away from a tackle and loses the ball.

In respect of players to go. Anderson tried to help out the team by playing the first half v leeds injured because Barker was still coming back from injury which he is still playing with. Anderson gritted his teeth and tried to the right thing which turned out the wrong thing. Now he is fit and can get ready for next season more that this season he and Barker will be solid.

Agree with Roberts going. Bywater can go for me he can not kick, save a ball low to his right, collect a cross and does not instill confidence in his defence. Barker captain next year so def stop. Leacock good by and goodridance. Sav the same. Green has been unfortunate this yr due to the versitility of his game has been used as a stop gap at time. But he can go because I think Bailey and Anderson can form a lovely partnership in the middle next year. Pringle undecided along with Doyle. Pringle I think will be sold in Summer and given a contract on prob low wages to try and get some money back from selling him. Porter will be off can't see his contract being renewed. Buxton gets to much stick which is not fair. If you look at stats for when he played last year to when he wasn't. When he was in the team the goals per game ratio against was the lowest when he played. He gives everything and for a back up player who can come in when needed and give his heart out for the team then this is the type of player you want at the club in changing room.

Therefore the players to go which would be Sav, Bywater, Roberts, Leacock, Pringle?, Doyle? Porter.

This takes our current squad of recognised 1st squad players from 19 down to poss 12. Therefore need a big recruitment drive through the summer

KEEP

John Brayford

Shaun Barker

Tomasz Cywka

Miles Addison

Frank Fielding

Paul Green

Conor Doyle

Dean Leacock

James Bailey

Ben Pringle

UNSURE

Theo Robinson

Ben Davies

Jamie Ward

WONT STAY

Daniel Ayala

Alberto Bueno

GET RID

Stephen Pearson

Steve Davies

Robbie Savage

Chris Porter

Jake Buxton

Michael Boulding

Lee Croft

Gareth Roberts

Russell Anderson

Saul Deeney

Stephen Bywater

David Martin

Nigel Clough

Yes.

If I was being harsh I would only keep

Brayford

Green

Barker

SDavies

Robinson

Ward

Bailey

Cwyka

Addison

Ayala(would love to)

Bueno(would love to)

Ben Davies

Fielding

Duke

that means we would need around 4 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 strikers at a good standard to have the squad I would want.

we all can dream.

KEEP

John Brayford

Shaun Barker

Tomasz Cywka

Miles Addison

Frank Fielding

Paul Green

Conor Doyle

Dean Leacock

James Bailey

Ben Pringle

Steve Davies

David Martin (always looked goon when I have saw him)

Jake Buxton (very good back up and he shows so much determination, good to bring of the bench to protect the game)

UNSURE

Theo Robinson

Ben Davies

Jamie Ward

WONT STAY

Daniel Ayala

Alberto Bueno

GET RID

Stephen Pearson

Robbie Savage

Chris Porter

Michael Boulding

Lee Croft

Gareth Roberts

Russell Anderson

Saul Deeney

Stephen Bywater

David Martin

KEEP

John Brayford

Shaun Barker

Tomasz Cywka

Miles Addison

Frank Fielding

Paul Green

Conor Doyle

Dean Leacock

James Bailey

Ben Pringle

Steve Davies

David Martin (always looked goon when I have saw him)

Jake Buxton (very good back up and he shows so much determination, good to bring of the bench to protect the game)

UNSURE

Theo Robinson

Ben Davies

Jamie Ward

WONT STAY

Daniel Ayala

Alberto Bueno

GET RID

Stephen Pearson

Robbie Savage

Chris Porter

Michael Boulding

Lee Croft

Gareth Roberts

Russell Anderson

Saul Deeney

Stephen Bywater

David Martin

100% agree

Keep:

Brayford

Bailey

Barker

Fielding

Green

Addison

Cywka

Everyone else is middle ground

Look to offload;

Person

Roberts

Pringle

Porter

S Davies

Savage

Wouldn't pursue robinson.

Maybe ward. Season loan on Ayala

Just noticed I have D.Martin in keep and get rid column :eek:

I meant keep forgot to delete his name from the get rid column from Wiko's post which I copied ;)

Plagiarist!!! Mods he admitted to plagiarism, ban him, arrest him, charge him, convict him and send him down.......don't tell me you don't have the power to do all that!

(I don't need to put anything to show I'm joking, I'm sure you realise I am)

Archived