Apportioning blame

vonwright

Why are we where we are? A lot of people seen to blame either the board, or the manager, or the players. But surely it is a combination. The question is how MUCH each is to blame.

For me it is (very roughly) board/owners three quarters (pay peanuts, get monkeys), and Clough the other quarter (bad tactics, bad motivator). Can't really blame the players at all.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are we where we are? A lot of people seen to blame either the board, or the manager, or the players. But surely it is a combination. The question is how MUCH each is to blame.

For me it is (very roughly) board/owners three quarters (pay peanuts, get monkeys), and Clough the other quarter (bad tactics, bad motivator). Can't really blame the players at all.

You can balme the players for games like tonight and Leciester where they only turn for 45 minutes of it.

you can blame the players for consistently making crap passes, and decisions - like tonight how many passes palyed someone into trouble or were short.

The players are quick to get the priase when we get a result - they cant be immune to criticism if they are *****.

Why are people trying to set a precedent or change History, the only f/ker that ever gets the blame, or carries the can is the manager, it goes with the territory.

The only reason folk are saying otherwise is because of this blokes name.

Why are people trying to set a precedent or change History, the only f/ker that ever gets the blame, or carries the can is the manager, it goes with the territory.

I agree with most of this until you brought the name in. It has nothing to do with the God Damn Name.

Look at how many managers we have had since Jim Smith, the longest serving managers since then was Burley for little over a season I believe, Silly Davis season and half then Paul Jewell, we have also had Colin Todd, Phil Brown, John Gregory the lad who was in charge of the academy, I think there are a couple more. Since Jim Smith Clough in last 10yrs is the longest serving manager. He has crap all money. However I can not understand why he took of Robinson. According to one explanation I have seen since the game was he could not hold a ball up and it was between him and Davies. Looking at the comment could see why because he could not control a ball played to him and Davies was getting a head to the ball. However he was the only one willing to run to the ball and challenge.

For me I would have swapped Steve Davies with Ward. Addison is proving to be more valuable as a centre half than midfielder. Savage can we get Ashely Cole to our training ground. Hope Bailey comes back soon. Why has the board not acquired a left back to get rid roberts. I would drop Ayala for Addison he can not pass.

Ben Davies deleiveries were better tonight and the lad can not score at present. Cracking save from a freekick, one crossed ball to him and a shot. The players did not put the effort in in the second half.

There are problems throughout the club which for me start with the board as they set the wages, transfer funds, deals (CEO with players). If this is rotten it feeds through the club and into the team.

For me Clouigh's decision to replace Robinson was bad at time because the lad did not deserve to come off but can understand the explanation.

By all means express your feelings but do not bring his name into it. This disrespects him, his dad and his family who are through and through Derby fans the same as us. If you think he does not feel this as much you or I then you would be sadly mistaken.

You can balme the players for games like tonight and Leciester where they only turn for 45 minutes of it.

you can blame the players for consistently making crap passes, and decisions - like tonight how many passes palyed someone into trouble or were short.

The players are quick to get the priase when we get a result - they cant be immune to criticism if they are *****.

If a player is played out of position then the manager carries the can. Brayford was poor in the second half especially.

If a manager approves the sale of a player leaving us with no cover in a postion then again he carries the can

If a player is played out of position then the manager carries the can. Brayford was poor in the second half especially.

Not talking about playing a position badly - Im talking about palyers not performing basic skills like passing to a Derby player, controlling the ball, making challenges. All of these are so BASIC that they should be able to carry them out wherever they are playing.

If we'd had a Billy Sharp type striker - a proper goal scorer - it would have been a different game, but instead we've got a bunch of second or third choice strikers who are all woefully out of form.

I thought we were well on top at first but couldn't hit a cow's @rse with a banjo. They punt one over the top, Sharp bangs it in, then everyone's heads drop. After the second we were disgraceful.

Clough ain't helping himself. He reminds me of Jim Smith after Steve Maclaren left - picking teams based on his fear of losing, rather than a desire to win.

It's all just **** at the moment, but I still maintain that the root cause is lack of quality in the team, and that is totally dictated by the available budget.

If we'd had a Billy Sharp type striker - a proper goal scorer - it would have been a different game, but instead we've got a bunch of second or third choice strikers who are all woefully out of form.

I thought we were well on top at first but couldn't hit a cow's @rse with a banjo. They punt one over the top, Sharp bangs it in, then everyone's heads drop. After the second we were disgraceful.

Clough ain't helping himself. He reminds me of Jim Smith after Steve Maclaren left - picking teams based on his fear of losing, rather than a desire to win.

It's all just **** at the moment, but I still maintain that the root cause is lack of quality in the team, and that is totally dictated by the available budget.

Agree that with a goal getter up top like Sharpe we could well have been in front in the first half. Problem is we always seem to lose it when we concede a goal. I think that's due to the keep it 0-0 and nick one mentality.

I don't really have a problem with the strikers last night but I thought there was a real lack of creativity from midfield. We pass it sideways and backwards a lot but we're hardly putting any good balls into the box either on the floor or wide from crosses.

50% GSE for not investing

43% Robbie Savage for being a tool

0.18% Cywka not clearing it into the corners.

5% Clough for failing to get a striker in

0.82% Bywaters twitterings

0.5% Micheal Boulding - not sure what he's done but nobody seems to want him

0.5% Badger running under Davs car.

It's GSE's fault as they are running the club.

When you examine the problems it all boils down to a choice of two; either we have the wrong players or the manger is not gettng the best out of them in terms of tactics, motivation and training. If it's the latter we have the wrong manager and GSE are responisble for not replacing him.

If we have the wrong players then it is either a function of underfunding, poor recruitment decisions or a combination of the two. Poor funding is GSE's fault. They set up the business model and are ultimately responsible if it does not provide adequate funds to develop the squad. Getting in the wrong players (if you believe that Nigel has had enough cash to bring in the right players) is the manager's fault and thus we have the wrong manager...and GSE are responisble for not replacing him.

I agree with most of this until you brought the name in. It has nothing to do with the God Damn Name.

I say it most definitely is, any other manager at any OTHER club would have gone by now, and you know it.Who says changing managers frequently does harm, Guardiola at nearly four years, is the second longest serving manager in Barcelona`s history, don`t see to do them much harm:rolleyes:

why are people trying to set a precedent or change history, the only f/ker that ever gets the blame, or carries the can is the manager, it goes with the territory.

innnnnnnn onnnnnnneeee

Archived