Dave Martin

EdinburghRam

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hands up who thinks Clough will revert back to a 4321 next season?

I don't think Cloughie totally buys into it. For sure Metgod introduced it, as most of the successful teams (Holland, Spain, Germany for sure) were playing it at the World Cup (and of course England who still had wing-halfs, and flat caps!). Curious though that when he switches to 4-4-2 he lets Martin out to Notts C (unless part of the Davies deal that they are not telling us about), when he is on recorde as saying that DM don't suit 4-2-3-1 but would presumably be a good fit as a winger in 4-4-2 and has sent him out again now, so either it is a deal with Notts C or Cloughie does not rate him at all or something else has gone off.

4-2-3-1 relies heavily on marauding full backs pressuring oppo wide men backwards, Brayford did it well, Moxey showed signs, Roberts can't do it and we don't have a left back currently so.....

Can anyone say that when Dave Martin has come on or started he has looked disappointing? for me he looked sharp, good with the ball and the most important thing was had ability to do a job!

which makes it all more strange when he is sent out on loan and for me he would of fit in the 4-2-3-1 pretty well on the left side of attacking midfield, he was an attacking winger and has been when I have seen him, like his goal against Cardiff.. that was class, I wouldn't be surprised if something has gone on behind the scenes.

Archived