Press Conference - PP today 12:30

Gaspode

We had one if the highest wage bills in the Championship last season, was it Newcastle that were the only club that had a higher wage bill?

We didn't have the players at the club worthy of having that high of a wage bill, it needed to come down, we needed that clearout.

Since the wage bill has been reduced despite the current feeling right now the team has actually improved, we had that great run of games where we were passing other teams off the park, we were playing some of the best football I've seen from Derby in a long time.

Since then we have lost 2 players, 1 didn't want to stay and his contract was up at the end of the season, do we keep him and have him sulking effecting the team spirit or do we cash in now and actually get some money in for him?

The other Nigel simply didn't think was good enough for this team, I would question that but I'm not the manager at the end of the day.

Yes I would of liked to of seen us bring in a striker in January but it didn't happen for whatever reasons, I also would of liked to see Moxey stay but he hasn't.

I'm not going to start calling people liar's or shouting spin everytime Glick opens his mouth because I have nothing to back that up with.

Fair enough I have no problem with the players going out, I am a fan of Clough and I think he has the team playing good football.

What Im not a fan of is the fact that we have not replaced these players going out with the right players coming in with the exeption of Brayford, we have massivly cut the wage bill by selling players on the cheap and yes the team is playing good football but its no good playing good football if you cant defend and you dont have a player capable of putting the ball in the net. Our club is supposed to be progressing yet we are left with a squad which has 1 out and out striker who is always injured and well not very good and we have only 2 fullbacks which means green playing in defence and god knows who at left back the next time Roberts is injured or suspended.

Glick said money coming in would be available to Nigel including money that the board would make available, however much it is it cant be a bad ammount if what he says was true, we afterall got 2 million for Villa didnt we? we havnt spent that yet!

I see your point as a few weeks ago I thought the same things but looking at our squad and at the results coming in I cant help but be swung into the wrist slashers brigade. Something isnt right surely you can see that.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's hope it's the yanks announcing their intention to sell, Clough resigning and taking his non-league players club with him and Bywater, Savage and Porter leaving with immediate effect.

yeah, let's hope it's that, that would be great..actually, lets hope they appoint someone like you as CEO and manager...genius..

everybodys opinion is different some like clough some dont but what good would getting rid of clough (who i think hasnt really been giving a fair go) do?

the board still wouldnt give the new bloke any money and we would have to start all over again.,.. so let hope its something positive then eh!!!

I dint think that everything that comes out of Glick's mouth is spin. I don't know the guy to judge and I don't expect him to say we have x amount of money to spend, football isn't like a computer game with a spending limit they will spend money if they think it's right.

However, someone there needs to look at the situation and decide one of two things:

1) GSE don't have the backing from investors to move the club forward and should, for the sake of the club, look to find someone or a company that can.

2) GSE have the resources but Nigel and his team only identify a limited amount of people that we fail to bring in and he have no other options. The money is there but Nigel's scouting network is poor and there are very limited targets identified leaving us short when they don't come in. therefore they need to identify a new manager who can wisely spend the money more effectively.

I don't expect anyone from the club to come out and say this in public, in a press conference or anywhere but it needs to be done and resolved.

I dint think that everything that comes out of Glick's mouth is spin. I don't know the guy to judge and I don't expect him to say we have x amount of money to spend, football isn't like a computer game with a spending limit they will spend money if they think it's right.

However, someone there needs to look at the situation and decide one of two things:

1) GSE don't have the backing from investors to move the club forward and should, for the sake of the club, look to find someone or a company that can. 2) GSE have the resources but Nigel and his team only identify a limited amount of people that we fail to bring in and he have no other options. The money is there but Nigel's scouting network is poor and there are very limited targets identified leaving us short when they don't come in. therefore they need to identify a new manager who can wisely spend the money more effectively.

I don't expect anyone from the club to come out and say this in public, in a press conference or anywhere but it needs to be done and resolved.

I agree with what is in bold, but Nige has got it right when signing players such as Brayford, Bailey and Cywka! so he can pick out a good signing!

Actually what the fook I'm I on about Croft, Martin and Moxey kind of prove he hasnt got a clue!!

I'm so confused..............anyone fancy a bum???

I agree with what is in bold, but Nige has got it right when signing players such as Brayford, Bailey and Cywka! so he can pick out a good signing!

Actually what the fook I'm I on about Croft, Martin and Moxey kind of prove he hasnt got a clue!!

I'm so confused..............anyone fancy a bum???

Depends if your username is factualy correct. Might have to pass.

i just no that something is in the waters i hope ppl are prepared! i'm all for being positive, but i never trusted americans in football neither did i trust nigels judgement, but why do people live in these unrealistic bubbles of positivity. i mean we've had to good seasons in a decade. we're league one bound, its for sure!

Archived