Press Conference - PP today 12:30

Gaspode

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be glick with his usual crap about how they are 100% comitted to Derby County and that they tried and will continue to try and get players in.

He will as usual not mention the actual plans for derbys future and how they actually plan on getting to the prem with non league players.

Well, if it's anything significant like a change of manager or large amount of funds being available for signings, then it's surely about as inappropriate a time as they could possibly have chosen now that the window has closed. So it'll likely be something pretty meaningless with no direct impact on playing matters.

Well, if it's anything significant like a change of manager or large amount of funds being available for signings, then it's surely about as inappropriate a time as they could possibly have chosen now that the window has closed. So it'll likely be something pretty meaningless with no direct impact on playing matters.

I imagine its going to be a response to the small protest outside the ground yesterday, they will be scares its gonna get bigger so Glick will be giving us some spin to try and calm it down before it gets big.

Glick will be giving us some spin to try and calm it down before it gets big.

I mean there is a chance Glick could come out and speak the truth, would be nice to actually hear what the club have to say before calling it "spin".

I mean there is a chance Glick could come out and speak the truth, would be nice to actually hear what the club have to say before calling it "spin".

He avoids answering the questions people want answered. If he is honest then why wont he ever say what the hell they are actually doing to the club and how they expect to get to the prem running the club this way. He says they are in it for the long haul and want to be part of a succesfull future but he never actually says what that future is or how they expect to obtain it. That is spin!

All he ever says is that they want Derby in the prem (or he used to say that) and then he speaks of getting the wage bill down to a "managable" level but if that goes down any further then we will have no players left.

He avoids answering the questions people want answered. If he is honest then why wont he ever say what the hell they are actually doing to the club and how they expect to get to the prem running the club this way. He says they are in it for the long haul and want to be part of a succesfull future but he never actually says what that future is or how they expect to obtain it. That is spin!

All he ever says is that they want Derby in the prem (or he used to say that) and then he speaks of getting the wage bill down to a "managable" level but if that goes down any further then we will have no players left.

Because people ask the same old stupid questions, how much money have we got to spend on players is one of the most common, do you expect him to actually come out and say look boys and girls with have exactly £2m to spend and that must cover the transfer fee, signing on fee and agent fees?

You ask how we are going to make it to the Prem, by winning games simple, how do we win games? by bringing the right players into the club, it's no big secret.

Sir Alex hasn't got a special book on how to win the Premiership, you just try and bring the right players and tactically outclass the other teams.

Because people ask the same old stupid questions, how much money have we got to spend on players is one of the most common, do you expect him to actually come out and say look boys and girls with have exactly £2m to spend and that must cover the transfer fee, signing on fee and agent fees?

You ask how we are going to make it to the Prem, by winning games simple, how do we win games? by bringing the right players into the club, it's no big secret.

Sir Alex hasn't got a special book on how to win the Premiership, you just try and bring the right players and tactically outclass the other teams.

And so continually cutting the wage bill like we are and bringing in rubbish is the way to get to the prem is it. In that case if your answer is what his answer would be they woud be better suited to a different kind of sport i think because this way certainly isnt going to get us anywhere.

We are not bringing in players to the club or the ones we are arnt good enough and the ones we had that are good enough get sold.

Their long term plan for future success and global branding cant be this surely (can it?)

And so continually cutting the wage bill like we are and bringing in rubbish is the way to get to the prem is it. In that case if your answer is what his answer would be they woud be better suited to a different kind of sport i think because this way certainly isnt going to get us anywhere.

We are not bringing in players to the club or the ones we are arnt good enough and the ones we had that are good enough get sold.

Their long term plan for future success and global branding cant be this surely (can it?)

We had one if the highest wage bills in the Championship last season, was it Newcastle that were the only club that had a higher wage bill?

We didn't have the players at the club worthy of having that high of a wage bill, it needed to come down, we needed that clearout.

Since the wage bill has been reduced despite the current feeling right now the team has actually improved, we had that great run of games where we were passing other teams off the park, we were playing some of the best football I've seen from Derby in a long time.

Since then we have lost 2 players, 1 didn't want to stay and his contract was up at the end of the season, do we keep him and have him sulking effecting the team spirit or do we cash in now and actually get some money in for him?

The other Nigel simply didn't think was good enough for this team, I would question that but I'm not the manager at the end of the day.

Yes I would of liked to of seen us bring in a striker in January but it didn't happen for whatever reasons, I also would of liked to see Moxey stay but he hasn't.

I'm not going to start calling people liar's or shouting spin everytime Glick opens his mouth because I have nothing to back that up with.

Could be naming the defender we have an agreement to come in on loan when the loan window opens - its mentioned ther is a deal in place briefly here.

Boss hoping to bring in another defender

Wednesday, February 02, 2011, 08:00

DERBY County are looking to bring in another defender while they wait for Liverpool's Daniel Ayala to shake off a hamstring injury.

"We have got the OK to bring in a centre half next week when the window opens for emergency loans," said manager Nigel Clough.

"We will also keep pursuing the striker options as well."

Derby have agreed a loan deal with Liverpool for Ayala but must wait until he is fit.

The 20-year-old is due to play in Liverpool Reserves' game against Everton on February 16.

"Ayala is lined up and he came here but he is not quite as far down the line in his recovery as we hoped," said Clough.

"But that deal is still in place, as soon as he is fit."

The headline says hoping, but Clough says we have the OK.:confused:

Kuqi might have signed as a free agent

Archived