Worst rumours?

Thornhill

Okay so at the pub earlier my mate tells me that he saw online we are after loaning Michael Owen from united, now instead of making a thread about this and getting flack from all of you I've decided to make this.

So, what is the worst rumour you have heard in football, doesn't have to be DCFC though that helps.

Owen has to be up there for me, I also remember on 606 someone posted we were going to sign Benzema the season we went into the PL.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay so at the pub earlier my mate tells me that he saw online we are after loaning Michael Owen from united, now instead of making a thread about this and getting flack from all of you I've decided to make this.

So, what is the worst rumour you have heard in football, doesn't have to be DCFC though that helps.

Owen has to be up there for me, I also remember on 606 someone posted we were going to sign Benzema the season we went into the PL.

Not really heard any majorly unrealistic rumours involving DCFC.. Apart from I read somewhere we wasn't in the PL just to make up the numbers:rolleyes: A couple about other clubs though..

I read a few years ago S'Land were after Patrick Vieira.. Obviously the irony of Roy Keane as manager, but also Patrick Vieira was very much a regular in a championship winning Inter Milan team.. Now it wouldn't be so far-fetched of course.

Blackburn after Ronaldinho was quite ridiculous..

During Arsenals invincible season it was rumoured Inter Milan offered $100mill for henry, Vieira and Pires..

Not a rumour but you can throw this one in there (possible thread starter here) but as footballs biggest mistakes.. Heard Nottm Forest rejected SW-Phillips as a youth and Arsene Wenger went on record as rejecting the chance to sign Cristiano Ronaldo before Man Utd had him.

I remember Dangerous saying his name tongue in cheek on here a couple weeks ago, later on I saw on Twitter that someone had tweeted we are in for Owen...source? DCFC Fans

I heard a rumour that Nigel Clough selected players in the position they are most comfortable in, refused to publicly lambast his best players and always made substitutions in a rational and timely manner.

I must stress this is just a rumour.

Saw on teletext many years ago when Jim Smith was in charge that we were looking to by Roberto Baggio for £10 million. That would have been interesting!

Not sure about the 10 mil but I am sure I have read somewhere since that there was some substance to the rumour

most rumours like that start ina pub .

anyway owen is passed his s b d....as is the manure manager.:D

Archived