Transfer window

sideshowbob

Quote from Glick at start of month "We are going to be serious in the transfer window"

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

More yank spiel to get your money.

They are not bothered because with 25000 every home game (and that is poor for us) they will average £750,000 each time in seat tickets alone.

Half the premier clubs dont get that.

No need to invest as long as we coast along in this division.

Trouble is, we are not good enough to coast, and may well go down.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may be a bit premature to slag off the board just yet, there are six days left. We have made one signing and it looks like Commons is going to bring in some money- not to mention getting his wages back of the bill. How many signings need to be made to reach "serious"? 2 more would certainly do it and I don't think that that is beyond the realms of possibility. We'll see what happens.........

In all fairness to us fans,

if Commons goes which seems like a certainty now,

we need three new players in to compensate for his loss

and to replace Moore and Kuqi.

I actually think we should be looking to bring in two new strikers

and a defender at the very least.

We should expect to sign one more player on a permanent with Commons money.

Well we will defo need a defender, hopefully this Ayala from Liverpool. I think if Commons goes we need to sign a player on a permanent deal, maybe a striker? This supposed Waghorn deal is dragging on a bit.

But it would also be nice to add a composed passer in the centre of the midfield on loan, maybe someone like Michael Johnson from Man City.

In my view, if we are losing Commons, then we could do with a CB, a Striker and not only a striker with pace but also get some pace in that attacking 3 behind him. No point having pace at the top if he's got nobody in support.

I would like 3 signings, 1 permanent and 2 loans would do. But I see that as the minimum considering we'll be losing our leading scorer.

Too right mate - 5 days till the end of the window and still no sign of the striker(s) we desparately need, Waghorn now unlikely to come by the sound of it, no nearer to getting the centre half we also need, and now short of an attacking midfielder with creative class.

This is indeed typical. You can bet your life that if Waghorn or Ayala don't come Nigel will have no plan B. I'm not having a go at him - its all down to money. We are scrabbling around once again looking for cheap loans or low cost signings at the last knockings of the transfer window. Its absolutely pathetic.

Derby always seem to obsess about one particular transfer target (publically at least) and have a shortage of follow-up alternatives if something goes amiss. We spent far too long on a wild goose chase in the summer over Hooper - he would obviously have been a brilliant signing but it was never realistic that we would get him ahead of the competition. Once this became the case we seemed to give up on other options and just focused on bloody loan deals.

Now it seems that Waghorn is the only possible loan striker that we are looking into despite the fact that a deal looks increasingly unlikely with every passing day.

Obviously we I'm not privy to information regarding transfer targets, but from the outside looking in it appears that we are definitely short on options.

Whose to say nothing's being done behind the scenes.

The club come out and tell us who they're after etc., it falls through, everyones up in arms saying they should keep it quiet.

The club get on with sorting something out, keeping it close to their chests, everyone's having a go because they think nothings bieng done.

They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Archived