20 Days and......

Alex W

One permanent deal that is fantastic, and incredibly cheap so well done Glick there.

Waghorn to join on loan soon, and one of the best centre backs i've seen this season due to join up next week.

Doom-mongers, wrist slashers and generally miserable buggers, please line up so we can take the p1ss out of you and tell you that you were wrong.

:cool:

Why do you have to be such an antagonistic nob?

I think everyone is relieved that we've finally got someone new on board, but let's not pretend that this represents some huge turnaround in our fortunes or investment policy.

Furthermore, if his signing is to appease the exit of Commons for twice as much income, will you be crowing so loudly then. Hmmm, probably!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everyone is relieved that we've finally got someone new on board, but let's not pretend that this represents some huge turnaround in our fortunes or investment policy.

Furthermore, if his signing is to appease the exit of Commons for twice as much income, will you be crowing so loudly then. Hmmm, probably!

Hmm, a thread is opened saying "19 days and no signings" and yet I let it slide as people can think what they want to. Signings are brought in, as I thought they would, and i'm not allowed to reply to that thread?

Seems like double standards to me.

It represents the fact that we've got who we wanted to this window, as we did in the last one apart from the striker situation.

An Commons has been offered several new deals, it's entirely his decision whether he signs or not. We don't want to replace him at all, we want him to stay. But if he doesn't, we have the players to replace him.

Seems like a good plan to me.

Ditto. Pretty snide comment, we haven't seen nothing yet and most of us with half a brain (which should include you) will wait to see the finalised squad after the Jan window has closed. Your post is just as bad as the post you were mocking if not worse.

Great to see someone finally join, with 1 or 2 expected to join on loan. I I won't be totally happy until Commons signs a new deal, and I don't want to hear any nonsense about it could be dragged out until the end of the season blah blah

Hmm, a thread is opened saying "19 days and no signings" and yet I let it slide as people can think what they want to. Signings are brought in, as I thought they would, and i'm not allowed to reply to that thread?

Seems like double standards to me.

It represents the fact that we've got who we wanted to this window, as we did in the last one apart from the striker situation.

An Commons has been offered several new deals, it's entirely his decision whether he signs or not. We don't want to replace him at all, we want him to stay. But if he doesn't, we have the players to replace him.

Seems like a good plan to me.

Slowly but surely Clough is changing the team from one of expensive self worshiping flops to ones willing to work for the team in a system that theyre not prepared to give up on....One i might point out that several of the best passing teams employ such as Arsenal did against Durty Leeds the other night. Prior to this season starting most supporters would have taken a top half finish with a stable base from which to work on. Its clear Cloughs fallen out with some of the side and i'm with him on that if their carp theyre carp and need telling so. A brief sojourn at the top end of the table has given a false dawn for some and thats a shame because its landed more pressure on a team still being formed. I'll be honest im not bothered if Commons stays or goes as he's a good player on his day unfortunately he is too inconsistent for me. I doubt we'll see any money for him either as Kris is no doubt due more wages on a free and he's unlikely to get injured if he doesnt make any challenges and dodges robust challenges from now till seasons end leading to him being substitued etc. Chuffed with Davies signing and if waghorn does come my cup will runneth over without even mention of Ayala

Can people not just be happy with signings without the in-house 'I told you so', 'no I told you so', etc, etc yawn, etc

I think everyone is pleased with the signing, seems like a good player and hopefully he'll make the step up, I'm not judging him either way until I see him play for us in this league.

So let's be happy we are making moves in the transfer Market and if/when we lose against forest can we please not have the 'I told you so' drivel again?

In relation to this signing, it alone won't change are fortunes, we need to go back to the passing we had before, if that happens we have a chance, if not we'll continue to slide.

Can people not just be happy with signings without the in-house 'I told you so', 'no I told you so', etc, etc yawn, etc

I think everyone is pleased with the signing, seems like a good player and hopefully he'll make the step up, I'm not judging him either way until I see him play for us in this league.

So let's be happy we are making moves in the transfer Market and if/when we lose against forest can we please not have the 'I told you so' drivel again?

In relation to this signing, it alone won't change are fortunes, we need to go back to the passing we had before, if that happens we have a chance, if not we'll continue to slide.

I wouldn't have said anything but when people start threads saying "19 days and no signings" then I deemed this a fair jibe at them.

Just a bit of banter.

20 days and no new Goalkeeper

It is well known that our board reguarly read this forum, so i am taking all the credit for today's sudden transfer activity and the signing of Davies, Ayala and Waghorn following yesterday's post "19 days and no signings".

Just need a new keeper now and the squad is looking good. Lets start by giving the tree shag*ers a good hammering.

Frank Fielding will do the job.:D

UTR

I wouldn't have said anything but when people start threads saying "19 days and no signings" then I deemed this a fair jibe at them.

Just a bit of banter.

Thats what this board is all about surely Alex, debate, banter and opinions. Just because i stated a fact that 19 days into the window, our squad was still very weak, doesn't mean i am any less a Rams fanatic than you.

I am very pleased with Cloughie's efforts today, Just a new keeper needed now.

Thats what this board is all about surely Alex, debate, banter and opinions. Just because i stated a fact that 19 days into the window, our squad was still very weak, doesn't mean i am any less a Rams fanatic than you.

I am very pleased with Cloughie's efforts today, Just a new keeper needed now.

Perhaps hinton, but I just recall people with 'boots' at the end of their name seem to turn up whenever it's a veiled slight at the board or when things are going badly.

Anyway, let us hope your reverse psychology works in the other thread and we get Fielding back eh :)

Archived