Darren Bent joining Villa

Cardifframs

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent!

Watch him flop at Villa now. Not sure about that Houllier, think management is beyond him. Don't doubt his footballing credentials but management isn't about who you know.

you will shortly get slated for that comment.edinburgh ram wont have an ex liverpool manager criticised.

you will shortly get slated for that comment.edinburgh ram wont have an ex liverpool manager criticised.

I will criticise but not for the Houllier comment, don't think Bent will flop at Villa. He's scored goals wherever he has played, 3rd highest scorer in the premier league in the last five years

I will criticise but not for the Houllier comment, don't think Bent will flop at Villa. He's scored goals wherever he has played, 3rd highest scorer in the premier league in the last five years

Yeah, i don't want him to flop.

Just don't think, as a career move, Villa are the right club for him. Saying that, he flopped at Spurs. So, maybe he sees Villa as a final chance for a final fling with possible trophies and European football.

Not whilst Houllier is there though.

Yeah, i don't want him to flop.

Just don't think, as a career move, Villa are the right club for him. Saying that, he flopped at Spurs. So, maybe he sees Villa as a final chance for a final fling with possible trophies and European football.

Not whilst Houllier is there though.

He wasn't given a chance at spurs, and when he was given a chance he did score quite a few goals.

He wasn't given a chance at spurs, and when he was given a chance he did score quite a few goals.

Yeah, i suppose. Not a massive amount of goals

He was absolutely brilliant at Charlton, and when he moved to Spurs i think the pressure got to him a little. He missed more chances than he bagged.

He still does that a bit, he can have 5 easy chances and spoon them wide. But on another day he'll only get 1 or 2 chances and score 1 or 2.

I like him, although i don't think he offers more than goals, which is quite a good thing to offer.

I don't mean to be down on him, since he's been at Sunderland he's grown in stature. I just think this will be a bad move for him.

I remember Andrew Appleby saying when GSE took over that they intended to follow the Lerner model at Villa.

The irony of Lerner paying as much for one player as GSE paid for control of our entire club isn't lost on me.

Good luck to Villa. Class striker that doesn't really get the level of recognition his goals suggest he should.

Transfer agreed for £18 million, rising to £24 million with the now obligatory add-ons....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/9364092.stm

Didn't realise he was still only 26, seems to have been around for ages. Interesting stat that only Rooney and Drogba have scored more Premiership goals than him since 2005, and only by 1. Villa have been in need of a reliable goal scorer for a long time, this is likely to be the signing that defines Houlier's tenure one way or another....

£18m-£24m wowsers, and they wonder why some managers don't buy English, I read something earlier that Spurs bought Modric, Van der Vaart and Kranjcar for less than Man City paid for Milner.

Modric was around £16 million, Van Der Vaart was about £8 million I think, Kranjcar was very cheap (around £2 million I think). Think Milner was 24, so that means there pretty similar fees, great deal for Tottenham

£16m Modric 25 - 22 when signed

£2m Kranjcar 26 - 24 when signed

£8m Van der Vaart - 27

or

£26m Milner 25 - 24 when signed

It's laughable really, I like Milner but for £26m when you could get those 3 players? jeeees. English players are massively over priced, it's why very few England internationals have ever played outside the Prem. £18m - £24m for Bent? pffft

£16m Modric 25 - 22 when signed

£2m Kranjcar 26 - 24 when signed

£8m Van der Vaart - 27

or

£26m Milner 25 - 24 when signed

It's laughable really, I like Milner but for £26m when you could get those 3 players? jeeees. English players are massively over priced, it's why very few England internationals have ever played outside the Prem. £18m - £24m for Bent? pffft

English players are massively over priced but to be fair Kranjcar is not a very good player, and I think Van der Vaart is very overrated. Milner is the best player of those players listed, although Modric is also quality

Kranjcar is a cracking player, the kind of playmaker i'd be after if we were in the PL.

He hasn't shone at Tottenham because they have Modric who is brilliant anyway and now Van der Vaart who is fantastic.

He needs a move away, he'll get back to his old self again.

English players are massively over priced but to be fair Kranjcar is not a very good player, and I think Van der Vaart is very overrated. Milner is the best player of those players listed, although Modric is also quality

overrated? 11 goals in 19 games, and thats not to mention the assists.

Overrated?? surely he is quality,doing so well under the tuition of that rubbish manager redknapp?

For overrated look at rooney.

so 20 good games makes a world class player then, I'm talking about his whole career not just his tottenham one

Personally, I think if anything, Van Der Vaart is underrated.

Hence his move from Real Madrid (one of the best squads in the world) allowing people to see how good he really is when given a chance at Spurs.

Archived