Clough offered his resignation

sage

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know if I drive over a mini round about in Belper at about 30mph, all my tools take off in the back of my truck.

Big kid really.

as long as your tool doesn't take off in the front of the van.

always thought that there should really be a special strap to restrain your tackle - not in the event of an accident - just as a nice-to-have feature.

as long as your tool doesn't take off in the front of the van.

always thought that there should really be a special strap to restrain your tackle - not in the event of an accident - just as a nice-to-have feature.

I strap a horse's nose bag around by waist. I find that give a snug fit.

I strap a horse's nose bag around by waist. I find that give a snug fit.

in the past when everyone travelled by horse and cart, you could just plug directly in to the back of the horse....probably made it go a bit faster too.

I disagree, the worst roundabout is definately on Wiltshire Road in Chaddesden at the junction near The Blue Boy pub by Roe Farm Lane.

It's one of those mini circular pieces of concrete in the middle of the road, and whoever built it was having a laugh, as you cannot go around it to turn right, as the road is not wide enough! If you try to go over it you kerb your front wheels, :mad: so in the last 9 years since it was built I've had to go straight on and end up in the pub car park :D

BTW In Sheffield they call roundabouts - hole in the roads :)

the Sheffield "hole in the road" term is the name given to this particular roundabout, dont think it is a general term used. I certainly only ever heard it used to describe this particular roundabout when I lived in Yorkshire

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXCKRPPJ5mqk8jwwB3zugvDu6xLkSwyvk0SQppeKfzi0uLxnGwbg

A beautiful example it is too

the Sheffield "hole in the road" term is the name given to this particular roundabout, dont think it is a general term used. I certainly only ever heard it used to describe this particular roundabout when I lived in Yorkshire

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXCKRPPJ5mqk8jwwB3zugvDu6xLkSwyvk0SQppeKfzi0uLxnGwbg

This one's now gone I think. A tram line has gone under the island if it's the one near the uni?

I know if I drive over a mini round about in Belper at about 30mph, all my tools take off in the back of my truck.

Big kid really.

Must be if a tool takes off in the back of the truck:D

They're all called 'circles' in Dundee.

Yes, I agree. In what regard is that Clough's fault though? That's precisely why Clough has struggled and sideshow bob admitted that, and yet criticised him for a lack of progress.

If he backs the party line, and the party line is a problem, then he of course shares part of the blame.

Archived