Clough offered his resignation

sage

That I don't doubt, and I know everyone will be anxious for a further update on the abode of the Cloughs on Ferrers Way. I won't reveal the exact house for fear of Peter Storm wearing forum members deluging the place looking for the nearest roundabout. Only I lived 6 doors away in Darley Abbey.

House was Belper when built. Darley Abbey when sold and sod it, sod it, found a parish map showing 8 'kin houses granted to the parish of Athelherd and his old bloody yew at the back of the Red Cow. And yes it is one of them. Rest of the street is all Darley Abbey and all the primary kids went to Lawn.

Knew the family that moved in after and had the honour of removing some rather offensive red decals as I recall. And the young boys spent a lot of time playing across the road on the cricket pitch now inevitably turned to housing.

Now Roy Macfarland's flat at the back of Park Farm. That must have been pretty close to the boundary as well............

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case anyones interested, there was an interview with Clough on EMT last night.

He said he thought about resigning for 5 seconds straight after the game, but he would never walk away from us.

It might have already been posted, but can't be arsed to read all those pages. :p

In case anyones interested, there was an interview with Clough on EMT last night.

He said he thought about resigning for 5 seconds straight after the game, but he would never walk away from us.

It might have already been posted, but can't be arsed to read all those pages. :p

5 glorious seconds!!

I knew it was too good to be true.

The soone he goes the better.

A profile of Simpsons character Sideshow Bob

After framing Krusty the Clown for armed robbery, he hosted his own kiddie-show, Sideshow Bob's Cavalcade of Whimsy. But Bart Simpson foiled his schemes for world domination and a Parent's Choice Award. Thus Sideshow Bob became Bart's nemesis, an implacable and fiendishly clever embodiment of pure evil.

Through his charm, brilliance and consummate acting skill, Sideshow Bob repeatedly gains release from prison and devises diabolical schemes of revenge, only to be tripped up by his own fantastically inflated ego - and the occasional garden rake.

I think that should be the new picture for when somebody says something stupid.

Says something stupid?

So what has Clough achieved in 2 years?

Well he has swapped most of the high wage earners (more still to go) for loanees (more still to come). Lets face it, the loanees dont really care if Derby win or not, just as long as they get paid several thousand pounds each week.

We are no better off in the league (probably dont have the confidence the squad had 2 years ago) and we have 5000 fans less each week. We got thrashed by Forest a couple of weeks ago and probably will get beaten by them next week as well. (At least in the old days, if we had got thrashed by Forest, we would have steamed into the Trent End!!!).

Leicester turned us over as well. And both clubs have recently come up from a lower division.

Oh, and I used correct spellings and capitals instead of the childish florist and fester. Grow up people.

Well my mother could have achieved that!!

In fact I think my mother would have done better. She would have had to ask who the players were and with a response like 'this is Joe Bloggs and he plays at Left Back, she would have played him at Left Back - something Clough fails to comprehend!!

Yes admittedly his weird formation worked for a few weeks, but then the other clubs got wise to it and altered tactics accordingly. Something else Clough fails to do.

This club needs investment to go forward and somebody with experience at this level at the helm to drive it. Clough had 10 years non-league to achieve 1 good season. This just doesnt cut it at Chamionship level. The last 2 years prove that. Glick says we are serious in this transfer window - well every day I look on Sky sports and the tickertape that scrolls along the bottom of the screen shows activity from just about every championship club but us!!!

And now we are sliding down, the 'big guns' Savage, Kommons etc all appear to want to leave. Funny eh?

And what about the history of this club? We all remember great Derby players from the 90's 80's 70's etc, but in 10 years time they wont be remembering the players from now, they wont even remember their names.

Anyway enough of this, if anyone is going to Watford today then I applaud you, though like the Americans, the money could be spent better elsewhere!!

Says something stupid?

Well he has swapped most of the high wage earners (more still to go) for loanees (more still to come). Lets face it, the loanees dont really care if Derby win or not, just as long as they get paid several thousand pounds each week.

Well I think you've destroyed your own argument in your first paragraph there, haven't you.

Says something stupid?

We are no better off in the league (probably dont have the confidence the squad had 2 years ago) and we have 5000 fans less each week. We got thrashed by Forest a couple of weeks ago and probably will get beaten by them next week as well. (At least in the old days, if we had got thrashed by Forest, we would have steamed into the Trent End!!!).

Leicester turned us over as well. And both clubs have recently come up from a lower division.

Oh, and I used correct spellings and capitals instead of the childish florist and fester. Grow up people.

Well my mother could have achieved that!!

In fact I think my mother would have done better. She would have had to ask who the players were and with a response like 'this is Joe Bloggs and he plays at Left Back, she would have played him at Left Back - something Clough fails to comprehend!!

Yes admittedly his weird formation worked for a few weeks, but then the other clubs got wise to it and altered tactics accordingly. Something else Clough fails to do.

This club needs investment to go forward and somebody with experience at this level at the helm to drive it. Clough had 10 years non-league to achieve 1 good season. This just doesnt cut it at Chamionship level. The last 2 years prove that. Glick says we are serious in this transfer window - well every day I look on Sky sports and the tickertape that scrolls along the bottom of the screen shows activity from just about every championship club but us!!!

And now we are sliding down, the 'big guns' Savage, Kommons etc all appear to want to leave. Funny eh?

And what about the history of this club? We all remember great Derby players from the 90's 80's 70's etc, but in 10 years time they wont be remembering the players from now, they wont even remember their names.

Anyway enough of this, if anyone is going to Watford today then I applaud you, though like the Americans, the money could be spent better elsewhere!!

We obviously need to bring your mother in as chief scout,as she can no doubt improve on Brayford/Bailey on limited resources.I'm sure cetreforward (can't remember his new name on here) is far better qualified than me to tackle your dismissive jibe about Nigel's Burton days.

Sideshowbob Forest haven't recently come up from a lower league this is their third season in the Championship and they were third last year so a very good unit and have a settled squad.

Replaced high earners with loans, how many loans have we got at the club at the moment? Bueno I think is the only one.

Sliding down the League. We have dropped 9 places so I agree we have slipped down but haven't really changed positions following the last 2 games.

We are 5 positions higher now than were after 25 games of the last two seasons, with more points to boot.

Archived