Ratings v Reading

jcidaho

I'll kick off the ratings thread (unless there's one elsewhere I didn't see).

Bywater - 6. Couple of decent saves, but poor distribution and contributed to last goal

Barker - 5. Seemed a bit flaky, off the pace. Gave away a peno.

Leacock - 5. Poor performance. Misjudged tackles and passes.

Moxey - 7. Seemed solid, could have made more runs

Brayford - 7. Not his best, but not too bad.

Pearson - 5. Didn't offer much.

Green - 6. Running and energy. Played in a far too deep position imo.

Beauno - 7. Good and fun to watch, but a little sloppy today.

Cifca - 5.5. didn't do much did he?

Commons - 7.5. Prob our best player, but not much came off for him.

Moore - 6. Wasn't convinced by Moore today. A Hulse on the pitch would have got goals in this match.

Savage - 7. Better ideas of passing, though not all came off

Bailey - 7.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll kick off the ratings thread (unless there's one elsewhere I didn't see).

Bywater - 6. Couple of decent saves, but poor distribution and contributed to last goal

Barker - 5. Seemed a bit flaky, off the pace. Gave away a peno.

Leacock - 5. Poor performance. Misjudged tackles and passes.

Moxey - 7. Seemed solid, could have made more runs

Brayford - 7. Not his best, but not too bad.

Pearson - 5. Didn't offer much.

Green - 6. Running and energy. Played in a far too deep position imo.

Beauno - 7. Good and fun to watch, but a little sloppy today.

Cifca - 5.5. didn't do much did he?

Commons - 7.5. Prob our best player, but not much came off for him.

Moore - 6. Wasn't convinced by Moore today. A Hulse on the pitch would have got goals in this match.

Savage - 7. Better ideas of passing, though not all came off

Bailey - 7.

bywater-6.5 some good stops not just himf or alst goal whole defence was a mess

brayford-7- solid game

barker-5- not good enough again

leacock-6- not good enough but didn't give away peno like barker made errors but different level

moxey-6- good runs but poor in possesion

bueno-7- did well and ran about trying to make somthing happen

pearson-6- ran but had no impact

green-4.5- had a shcoker today

cywka- 6- poor delivery but got in good positions

commons-8- another good game looked bright and got a goal

moore-5.5- did poor holding up balla nd didn't really do enough for me

savage-8- more for general impact on the team speeded the game up and gave us a spark

bailey-7- good balls from him and should start next game

bywater-6.5 some good stops not just himf or alst goal whole defence was a mess

brayford-7- solid game

barker-5- not good enough again

leacock-6- not good enough but didn't give away peno like barker made errors but different level

moxey-6- good runs but poor in possesion

bueno-7- did well and ran about trying to make somthing happen

pearson-6- ran but had no impact

green-4.5- had a shcoker today

cywka- 6- poor delivery but got in good positions

commons-8- another good game looked bright and got a goal

moore-5.5- did poor holding up balla nd didn't really do enough for me

savage-8- more for general impact on the team speeded the game up and gave us a spark

bailey-7- good balls from him and should start next game

Yeah, i agree Green was too poor to mention him.

Bywater 6 - Some great saves, but kicking poor and a fault for the the 2nd goal.

Brayford 7 - glad to see him get forward again at right back, then just solid at centre back

Moxey 6.5 - had good and bad spells, won important headers when they had players overlapping on their right wing.

Barker 6 - just wondering if this system suits him, he's more of a kick it and head it player, playing from the back puts pressure on him and the defence

Leacock 6 - out of position alot, off the pace

Green 4.5 - one of Green's biggest fans, but today he was shocking. Misplaced/overhit passes.

Pearson 6 - better from him today, nothing great but missed a sitter..... Again

Beuno 6.5 - apart from hitting the post, was missing and didn't look interested 1st half, seemed to get a rocket up the back side 2nd half and was more of the player we know

Commons 7.5 - motm, good header for the goal, pulled the strings in the final third.

Cywka 6 - was missing alot of the match

Moore 7 - maybe the only that's agrees with Mr Clough but thought he had a good game, won headers even some he had no right in winning, lay the ball off and was unlucky not to score.

Savage 6 - 1st four passes went astray. A needless frustrated booking, but got better as the game went on.

Bailey 6 - did what he does best, sits in midfield and does simple passes.

well i didn't today, he simply isn't good enough and isn't a patch on what kuqi was.

Moore is rapidly becoming the most over-rated player in living memory.

Moore's weakness is his headers. He just can't read the ball above head height.

Everything else about his game is first class. His first touch (apart from with his head of course), vision, passing, strength and finishing (yes, he was very unlucky yesterday and it's not like he's been missing chances left right and centre before yesterday is it?) are all fantastic attributes.

But we simple Derby fans would just be please by a big lump up front who chases balls needlessly and does nothing but knock the ball down.

If we play to Moore's style, which is to his feet and not his head, then we have a very good player on our hands.

Lol. We aren't going to change the way we play just for one player that might not even be stopping the whole season.

It is not about changing the way we play. It is about improving the way that we deliver the ball to the player. Moore is very good with his feet and chest and that is where the passes should go to. It is pointless banging the ball up to him to flick on and he is the furthest player forward. That would give us exactly the same problems that Hulse gave us.

If I have a criticism of Moore it would be that I would like him to have a little more composure in front of goal.

Bywater 5 has been poor right from the pre-season games

Barker 6 stupid penalty given away but excellent in 2nd half

Leacock 4 poor, very poor

Moxey 7 had a decent game

Brayford 6 did OK

Pearson 6 worked hard, made himself available but bad miss in front of goal.

Green 5 Not one of his better games but doesn't ever hide away

Bueno 7 Very creative

Cywka 5 Flitted in and out of the game

Commons 8 Reading defenders did well to block his shots.

Moore 7 Had an excellent 2nd half holding the ball up.

Savage 6 calming influence after he came on

Bailey 8 Showed what we had been missing. Hold the ball and pass to a white shirt.

Lol. We aren't going to change the way we play just for one player that might not even be stopping the whole season.

Malmo said it.

What's the point in hammering long balls up to a striker who can't head the ball!?

Especially when we have players capable of playing it in to feet.

Moore was crap at Villa, then he was crap at West Brom - nobody wanted him - we got desperate, and he's crap at Derby in my book.

A striker who is scoring 1 in 4 (3 goals, 12 appearences) but if you are happy with that return for a striker on his own up there, then fair enough!

How that opportunity wasn't buried in the second half is beyond me and cost us 3 points.

Bywater - 5 - Not impressed. Distribution seems to have somehow got worse and I haven't got a scooby doo what he was meant to be doing for their second

Brayford - 7 - Lots of running and solid when Deano went off at half time.

Barker - 6 - Better from Barks I thought.

Leacock - 4.5 - Really wasn't impressed. Gave the ball away far too often.

Moxey - 6.5 - Looked short of full fitness but gave us that option down the left-flank

Pearson - 3 - Garbage. Can't understand these 6s he's getting, was practically anonymous and when he did get the ball, he quickly gave it away

Cwyka - 6 - Not much worked for him but he fought like a beaver til the end and always tried to run at the full-back

Commons - 7.5 - Had that bit of quality once again, fought and fought for the ball, and scored a header!

Bueno - 7.5 - Not seeing much of the ball but when he does, he's the best player on the pitch. Why, why, why did Nige take him off for Porter?

Moore - 5 - Did he even win a header? He is not a lone striker, to play that role you need to win headers, and he didn't. Clough's description of "superb" was laughable.

Subs.

Savage - 7.5 - Played some brilliant passes across the park and looked up for the game more than anyone else.

Bailey - 6 - Still didn't look fully fit

Porter - Not enough time to do much

Archived