Steven Davies closes in on Derby County return

Day

Injury-plagued Derby County striker Steven Davies is expected to be pushing for a return to first-team action by the end of December.

Davies damaged knee ligaments during pre-season in July and has only just returned to training.

But the 22-year-old should be available for the Christmas fixtures.

Davies joined the Rams from Tranmere Rovers in June 2008 but has been restricted to just 15 league starts in nearly two-and-half years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/9250160.stm

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.....Davies joined the Rams from Tranmere Rovers in June 2008 but has been restricted to just 15 league starts in nearly two-and-half years.

He'll be nicely rested then.

His injuries aren’t related, NC thinks he’s quality, and I’m looking forward to seeing him play.

Agree it is proberly his last chance I know no footballer is loyal to any club nowadays but with Steve Davies I feel if he ever had a run in the team and had a few good games and someone offered him more money he would jump at the chance no matter who it was!

Good luck to him hope he can stay fit and perform in a Derby shirt something I have seen very very rarely!

Always admired Steve Davies for his hard-work through injuries, looks as if he might be returing ahead of schedule again.

It's not his fault, and that's the sad thing about it.

He's tried to go and watch Tranmere since he left, sitting with the fans, but last time he went he had stuff thrown at him and was jeered for being a "money-grabber".

He may be a proffesional footballer but you get the impression that he's just one of those guys who gets bad luck in everything he does.

I know theyre not in the same league but wasnt a certain Mr Gerrard always out injured when younger with all manner of injuries such as shin splints etc. He had a nasty eye socket injury we can all get from just a night on the town and has had some bad luck. That said last year when he tried to come back into the team he looked very heavy and had lost that pace he seemed to have when he first came. As for Porter i like him as when he first came he seemed to have that gift of knowing how to score under pressure but I want to see him string a decent run together just to see how good he is.

i like both of them and cant wait to see them both fit, davies if he stayed fit would be a brilliant player in the current team, that goal against millwall, ill have some more of them please, and hes also pretty handy from the peno spot

and on another note, ive seen him at so many away days, when hes been injured, palace, donny, erm, well maybe only those 2 that i can remember seems like a nice guy

Archived