Next 5 Matches

Stimacked

Just looking ahead to our next matches.

Ssausagehorpe

We got well beaten when we played them last season if I remember.

It has banana skin written all over it.

Despite our awsome home form of late. Too many of us are expecting this will be a straight forward result for Rams to get us back on track. We will have a makeshift reshaped back four as Barker and Moxey are both suspended.

They are very poor on their own ground but have the best away record in the league after Cardiff and QPR. with 5 wins. They have won their last 3 away as well.

Leicester`s Nguesson has joined their ranks and bagged a goal on his debut against Cardiff.

Saturday, 27 November 2010

Npower Championship

Burnley v Derby, 17:20

Very tough fixture. Anything we can get there will be a bonus.

Reading did them over recently but they are usually very strong at home

and have one of the strongest squads in the league. There home form is only matched by Cardiff.

Saturday, 4 December 2010

Npower Championship

Derby v Norwich, 15:00

The Canaries have continued from where they left off last season and look genuine play off contenders. Should be an exciting match.

Hard to call.

Saturday, 11 December 2010

Npower Championship

Bristol City v Derby, 15:00

They have had a good revival of late after a poor run of form left them bottom. There home record is poor this season. Depends which Derby turns up, the one which wimpered to defeats at Millwall and Leicester, or the won that took the game to Donny and Ipswich and delivered.

Saturday, 18 December 2010

Npower Championship

Derby v Reading, 15:00

One of the best sides in the league when on form. They are still playing without a lot of consistency. At home we ought to be a match for them, but they demolished Burnley 4-0 away recently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/table/default.stm

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God it looks tough doesn't it. Very important game next week and one we can't take for granted whatsoever. They are a very good away team. These next 5 games will definitely decide where we will be looking to finish this season.

Burnley away followed by Norwich at home. Nice :(

Fixtures taken a bit of a tougher turn now.

I think if we were going into the Scunny game with a win from Leicester then we might under-perform. But being beat at Leicester i'm sure the team are eager to go and get a result.

Ssausagehorpe played the counter attack on us in both games last season and scored 7 times. Need to be wary of that. But their without Hooper and Hayes. They were excellent for them last season and without them i really don't see too much to worry about if we perform.

Start confidently, get the ball into Commons and Green and Bueno/Cywka early, take the wind out of Scunny and it should be easy. Start slow though and keep working it backwards when we get it to the halfway line and we'll make it so much harder.

I reckon we'll get 9 points from these games at least. Burnley and Norwich make me nervous.

Scunny W

Burnley L

Norwich L

Bristol C W

Reading W

The way we play sometimes though i wouldn't rule out 12 or more points.

Bet they are looking at us saying that looks a tough fixture as well.

Watford, one of the best away records......

Portsmouth, one of the form sides ........

Ipswich, a difficult place to go ........

Donny, a good footballing side and a match for anyone at The Keepmoat .....

We need not fear anyone if we play the football we are capable of and all of the forthcoming games are winnable as well as being potential banana skins.

but equally, lose next week and the confidence could take a hit.

..... i would be very nervous about the Burnley game if we went there on the back of defeat at Pride Park.

The players seem to consider PP their safe haven atm. They feel they can put right away wrongs at home. A defeat at PP on the back of a defeat away might knock us off our stride a bit. And Burnley away isn't the ideal fixture to try and start over. Norwich isn't either.

Ssausagehorpe is the ideal fixture for us now. Would be absoloutey gutted if it goes wrong though. Could even lead to 3 or 4 defeats.

I'm confident for Reading at home. Got one of those feelings. :D

Bet they are looking at us saying that looks a tough fixture as well.

Watford, one of the best away records......

Portsmouth, one of the form sides ........

Ipswich, a difficult place to go ........

Donny, a good footballing side and a match for anyone at The Keepmoat .....

We need not fear anyone if we play the football we are capable of and all of the forthcoming games are winnable as well as being potential banana skins.

We got a massive lift off all those. Felt really good. Leeds away was another shocker. Didn't imagine us winning and affording to miss a whole load of chances.

Sometimes i'm amazed at how good we can be. :)

Hi all, first post.

Interesting month or so coming up. I'm not going to go as far as to say 'make or break', but we'll have a strong idea of play-off credentials come Jan 1st.

My take on it is this. The ability of this side to establish some momentum and play a series games without losing has been proven, once we start playing well and start winning, we're very difficult to stop.

What's not been shown yet is how we bounce back from a poor run. Is there enough self-belief to stop a poor sequence of results - something we've not managed in previous seasons.

This next month should answer this questions (I can't see an unbeaten run in this set of fixtures) and let me properly establish our play-off credentials.

Personally I'm more confident about Norwich at home than Reading who, IMO, play the best football in the division when on song. As with most people I'd say Burnley is the toughest fixture, any points from that game would be considered excellent.

Ssausagehorpe - W

Burnely - L (would love a point)

Norwich - W

Brissel - D

Reading - D

Admittedly with the football we're capable of you should be looking for maximum points from home games but I guess this loss at the weekend has made a lot of people take a step back and be realists, all except B4 :p

A lot of people said he had been booked but I haven't heard any mention if it since which did confuse me!

Tough five games and burnley away definitely looks like the toughest on paper though, I see no reason why we should look to get anything,but a win against any team at home, away games a point is usually a good result.

Archived