Starting to look run-of-the-mill now

Toadbelly

I really cannot believe the quality opf our football at the moment. We outclassed Pompey today without breaking a sweat. Breaking at speed, and with genuine class, when given the slightest opportunity. Solid at the back. Absolutely dominant in midfield. Every chance Pompey had they were a yard offside. Portsmouth had ZERO shots on target.

The best bit is that Pompey have a great squad and came to Pride Park with 19 points from their last 7 games. We are unstoppable right now and if the wheels don't fall off (and let's face it, they look like they are glued AND bolted on), we are genuine title contenders.

Well done Nigel. Well done lads. Well done fans too. Keep it up.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really cannot believe the quality opf our football at the moment. We outclassed Pompey today without breaking a sweat. Breaking at speed, and with genuine class, when given the slightest opportunity. Solid at the back. Absolutely dominant in midfield. Every chance Pompey had they were a yard offside. Portsmouth had ZERO shots on target.

The best bit is that Pompey have a great squad and came to Pride Park with 19 points from their last 7 games. We are unstoppable right now and if the wheels don't fall off (and let's face it, they look like they are glued AND bolted on), we are genuine title contenders.

Excellent performance, just need the board to make some funds available in the Jan window to strengthen. If the owners are prepared to speculate to accumulate we have a good chance of promotion. Well done lads:)

Pompey had a great record coming into PP. But they were swept off the pitch today.

NC is doing great. Brilliant. Let him get on with his job and this is what we get. We are playing so well now, that players will now think twice before they decide to reject coming here.

What a team/squad.

Excellent performance, just need the board to make some funds available in the Jan window to strengthen. If the owners are prepared to speculate to accumulate we have a good chance of promotion. Well done lads:)

Other than replacing any loan players we might lose, I would have to disagree with the your stengthening suggestion. The squad are obviously settled and enjoying playing together. The last thing they need is disrupting things to accomodate new players. Leave any stengthening to the summer and get it done early - the way Nigel did it this year :)

The no shots on target stat is the main highlight, beyond the actual result.

Considering that they've been on fire of late, it's quite remarkable.

That's two of the most in-form teams in the division destroyed in successive games.

If we hadn't had that slow start (1 win in the first 8?), we wouldn't look out of place sitting next to Cardiff and QPR.

I disagree, we did break sweat - which is why we were so good.

We had to work for it and change our playing style and still came out on top. We stopped Pompey from powering through the middle and forced them wide, which doesn't suit them. But crikey, our team had to work, and work like crazy - it shows just how good we are that we kept it up against a side with Premier League levels of fitness.

The no shots on target stat is the main highlight, beyond the actual result.

Considering that they've been on fire of late, it's quite remarkable.

That's two of the most in-form teams in the division destroyed in successive games.

If we hadn't had that slow start (1 win in the first 8?), we wouldn't look out of place sitting next to Cardiff and QPR.

I thought that Kitson shot might have crept in, Fielding got a touch (probably couldnt see if you was at the game) but the ref gave a goal kick.

Agree that it's looking run of the mill at home, based on the Millwall game we still need to improve away from home. The 2 games this week will tell us alot.

I disagree, we did break sweat - which is why we were so good.

We had to work for it and change our playing style and still came out on top. We stopped Pompey from powering through the middle and forced them wide, which doesn't suit them. But crikey, our team had to work, and work like crazy - it shows just how good we are that we kept it up against a side with Premier League levels of fitness.

My pont, Battery Boy (i use this monicka with love), is that we are working hard week in, week out as a matter of course. We are, in effect, working our asses off without breaking a sweat because it is our new modus operandi. It is superb.

Looked on the tv...he got his fingertips to it...but I think the ball was curling away from the goal. Anyway, zero shots on target :-)

agree

I wonder if any club could tempt Clough away. What if Man City or Liverpool offered him big salary and transfer budget? They probably wouldn't right now but in 12 months who knows? I just wonder if he'd go, I think he'd be on a hiding to nothing at City but he'd be superb at Liverpool, actually seen his name mentioned a few times on the RAWK forum.

I wonder if any club could tempt Clough away. What if Man City or Liverpool offered him big salary and transfer budget? They probably wouldn't right now but in 12 months who knows? I just wonder if he'd go, I think he'd be on a hiding to nothing at City but he'd be superb at Liverpool, actually seen his name mentioned a few times on the RAWK forum.

As suggested elsewhere on here; unlikely that NC will want to take on anything that will potentially disrupt his family.

Archived