Harrison Burrows

Charlie George

Speaking to him on Sheffield Station after the game. 

Said Derby bid £2 million for him in the summer. Move interested him but Sheffield United offered Peterborough more money so he went there instead.

Believe one of the ITK posters put this up at the end of last season.

Edited by Charlie George

In terms of a wingback, definitely worth the money. However, I'm surprised how well he's doing in a traditional back four at Sheff Utd, though, if I'm being honest. 

Peteborough had the most talented back four, with the most talented defensive midfielder in League One last season and leaked goals. I suspected it was down to poor positional play, particularly from Burrows, but looks as though he's more than remedied that under Wilder. 

14 hours ago, Ambitious said:

In terms of a wingback, definitely worth the money. However, I'm surprised how well he's doing in a traditional back four at Sheff Utd, though, if I'm being honest. 

Peteborough had the most talented back four, with the most talented defensive midfielder in League One last season and leaked goals. I suspected it was down to poor positional play, particularly from Burrows, but looks as though he's more than remedied that under Wilder. 

Did they though? They used to ship goals in every game. I think there was a lot of hype about their players because they were young and had potential. Burrows is a tidy player. Edwards was/ is no better than Cashin, he's just taller and again has potential to improve

8 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Did they though? They used to ship goals in every game. I think there was a lot of hype about their players because they were young and had potential. Burrows is a tidy player. Edwards was/ is no better than Cashin, he's just taller and again has potential to improve

I used the word 'talented' for a reason - you also have to remember that Peterborough played a lot more expansively and open than us. I don't think it was a question of talent, not as much as their ability to hold/play in a defensive shape. 

Burrows, Knight and Edwards have all progressed onwards. Kioso is doing well at Oxford and Katongo is highly-rated by Man City. I do think that purely based on raw talent that they were the best - I really like Kyprianou as well as a defensive midfielder. A better manager would've eased to promotion given the ability in that side, in my opinion.