Best Chant of All Time

Posted (edited)

Surely the most famous (non Rams) chant  of all time was when Scotland played Estonia in 1996. The Estonian team failed to turn up, the Scotland team presented themselves on the pitch, the whistle blew, then 3 seconds later the whistle blew again to end the match. Ironically, the Scots expected a 3-0 standard walkover but were forced to replay the match - which they drew.

" One team in Tallinn, there's only one team in Tallinn "

It's even got it's own wiki page. I'm not sure if any other football chant has that.

Edited by Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster

35 minutes ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

Surely the most famous (non Rams) chant  of all time was when Scotland played Estonia in 1996. The Estonian team failed to turn up, the Scotland team presented themselves on the pitch, the whistle blew, then 3 seconds later the whistle blew again to end the match. Ironically, the Scots expected a 3-0 standard walkover but were forced to replay the match - which they drew.

" One team in Tallinn, there's only one team in Tallinn "

It's even got it's own wiki page. I'm not sure if any other football chant has that.

Just read the wiki page. Apparently the replayed game is the one a certain team from Derby sent their scouts to. And they came back with a glowing report on a certain goalkeeper...